1.2 Endgame PvE gear & full set stat comparisons
Updated: April 9 – Added Black Hole commendation drop rate from Hardmode EC and two new “variants” of Black Hole gear.
Hey everyone, with the upcoming release of 1.2, there will be two new PvE endgame armor sets to “grind” for. One is the Black Hole MK-1 armor set which can be purchased via Black Hole Commendations that drops from Nightmare Karagga’s Palace, storymode/hardmode Explosive Conflict, and Corellia Black Hole weekly. The other is the Campaign set whose tokens drops from hardmode Explosive Conflict bosses. Hardmode EC bosses/chests also drops Black Hole MK-2, MK-3 pieces directly (i.e. you get the specific armor pieces, not tokens).
Black Hole gear has 3 variants: MK-1, MK-2, MK-3. MK-1 is vendor brought via Black Hole Commendations (except for weapons). MK-2, and MK-3 are direct drops from Hardmode Explosive Conflict.
For the Black Hole Commendations, the current drop rates are 2 per boss and 4 per chest found in storymode Explosive Conflict. Hardmode Explosive Conflict drops 4 per boss and 4 per chest. Nightmare KP bosses also drop 2 Black Hole Commendations per boss (not verified yet). Corellia Black hole weekly will reward you with 6 Black Hole commendations per week.
If you are clearing both storymode EC and Nightmare KP weekly, you can expect at least 2x 4 + 2×5 = 18 Black Hole Commendations weekly just from the bosses. Doing Corellia weekly will grant you an additional 6 more, totaling 24 Black Hole Commendations. With the drop from chests (2 chests found so far in EC, players have reported 3 chest in total), you can expect 30-40+ Black Hole Commendations per week as a rough estimate. If you are clearing Hardmode EC as well, you can expect at least 20-30 more Black Hole comms, totaling 50-60 Black Hole Comms per week.
The prices for the Black Hole gear are listed below. Keep in mind that the vendor does not sell any weapons (mainhand for most classes, mainhand + offhand for dual wielding classes) or relics.
|Slot||Black Hole Commendations|
For Campaign gear, it is simply 1:1 exchange of the tokens you loot from bosses like you do currently for Rakata gear. The Campaign vendor does not sell any ear/implants. Campaign relics can be brought for 200 Daily Commendations from the Mission Support Vendor on Ilum/Corellia/Belsavis.
I originally wanted to do an old Rakata vs newly itemized Rakata and “new” Rakata vs Campaign gear comparison to give you a feel of how much stats change when you upgrade to the next tier. Unfortunately, with the recent itemization changes back and forth on the PTS for both Rakata and Battlemaster, I will wait abit before doing so and update this page when I do.
Black Hole MK-1 vs Campaign
Note (already mentioned above but I want to re-emphasize it):
- Black Hole has 3 variants: MK-1, MK-2, and MK-3. MK-1 is vendor brought and is being compared below. MK-2 and MK-3 drops from Hardmode EC and will be compared in a later date.
- Campaign ear/implants do not seem to exist and you may need to purchase Black Hole MK-1 ear/implants instead or get MK-2/MK-3 as drops.
- Campaign relics can be bought for 200 Daily Commendations, no equivalent Black Hole version seem to exist.
- Black Hole MK-1 weapons (i.e. mainhands for most classes, mainhands & offhand for dual wielding classes) are not available from the vendor but they exist in the database. Campaign weapons are available from the vendor.
- For comparison purposes, ear/implants/relics were not included. Two comparison charts shown: one with weapons, one without weapons.