Hey everyone, most of you are probably well informed of this event by now, but for those who are just doing it for a first time, this is a good starting place! The Rakghoul Pandemic a new dynamic event that started on April 15 on the planet of Tatooine. It involves a series of time limited quests about the Rakghoul plague! The rewards you obtain from this event are a title (Containment Officer prefix), 9 Codex entries, 2 Rakghoul vanity pets (Pale and Crimson) a full set of Containment Officer armor set (light armor), special Black Green color crystal, and infected Companion customizations!
This event is not restricted to 50s only. All of the quest mobs do scale to your level but beware that if you are too low to enter Tatooine, you might have a bit trouble with the local residents.
You might need to wait a day to pick up the new dailies if you did not do the dailies since day 1 of the event.
April 16 – New Daily – Passenger List, picked up the same place as the Stardream wreck.
April 17 – New Daily – Hybrid Strain, picked up when you killed Infected Sandpeople in the same area as [AREA DAILY] Outbreak and [DAILY] Blood Sample.
April 18 – New Daily – Pure Virus Sample, picked up in the same location as the Wreck of the Stardream in Dune Sea when you click on a Shipping Manifest.
April 19 – New Daily – Newly Infected, picked up in the same location as [AREA DAILY] Outbreak on a datapad.
- Scavenger Hunt – Tracking the Origin
- World Bosses
- Rakghoul DNA sample and their rewards
- Codex Entries
- Containment Officer Outfit
New Daily for Today – April 19
[DAILY] Newly Infected – Picked up in the same location as [AREA DAILY] Outbreak on a datapad found on the ground. Will ask you to click on Infected Dewbacks in the area west of Outpost Largona. Rewards are 7175 credits, 2x Rakghoul DNA Sample, and a choice of 1x Rakghoul DNA Sample, Containment Officer Chestpiece, or Belt.
To start off all the dailies, you need to head to this location in Dune Sea (Outpost Zaroshe is the closest speeder/Quick travel point for Imperials and Outpost Thorazan for the Republic). Doing these dailies for the first time will reward you with Codex entry 1-4 for the Rakghoul Pandemic event.
Upon entering the area, you will be given a
- [DAILY AREA] Wreck of the Stardream- this is a multistep quest and fairly self-explanatory but if you need it, there is a full walkthrough available. Rewards are 7175 credits, 4x Rakghoul DNA Sample and 1x Rakghoul Vaccine. Codex entry 1-2 are obtained from doing this quest for the first time.
Killing any Rakghouls in the area will give you 3x Blood Samples, which starts up
- [DAILY] Blood Sample – this is a lead in to the next [DAILY AREA] quests and rewards you with 7175 cedits, 50 LS or DS points, 2x Rakghoul DNA Sample, and a choice of 1x Rakghoul DNA Sample or Containment Officer boots for your faction: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/42049/imperial-containment-officer-boots http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/42057/republic-containment-officer-boots
As of April 16, there is a new daily that can be picked up also in the same location as the Wreck of the Stardream
- [DAILY] Passenger List – you can read a full walkthrough here. Rewards are 7175 credits, 2x Rakghoul DNA Sample, and a choice of 1x Rakghoul DNA Sample or Containment Officer gloves for your faction: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/42050/imperial-containment-officer-gloves http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/42055/republic-containment-officer-gloves
As of April 18, there is a new daily that can be picked up in the same location as the Wreck of the Stardream
- [DAILY] Pure Virus Sample - picked up when you click on the Shipping Manifest in the same area as the [AREA DAILY] Wreck of the Stardream. You are then asked head to an outpost (Rennar for Imperials) and grab the samples off the wall inside the building. Rewards you with 2x Rakghoul DNA Sample, and a choice of 1x Rakghoul DNA Sample or Containment Officer Head for your faction: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/42046/imperial-containment-officer-helmet, http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/42052/republic-containment-officer-helmet
Doing Blood Sample daily will lead you to the next area for the event in Jundland,
Where you can obtain
- [DAILY AREA] Outbreak – another multistep quest and fairly self-explanatory but you can read a full walkthrough here. Rewards are 7175 credits, 4x Rakghoul DNA Sample and 1x Rakghoul Vaccine. Codex entry 3-4 are obtained from doing this quest for the first time.
As of April 17, there is a new daily that can be picked up in the same area as Outbreak/Blood Sample
- [DAILY] Hybrid Strain - picked up when you killed Infected Sandpeople in the same area as Outbreak. You are then asked head to the designated area to scan and kill infected Jawa. Rewards you with 2x Rakghoul DNA Sample, and a choice of 1x Rakghoul DNA Sample or Containment Officer legs for your faction: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/42053/republic-containment-officer-legs http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/42051/imperial-containment-officer-legs
As of April 19, there is a new daily that can be picked up also in the area of Outbreak/Blood Sample.
- NEW– [DAILY] – Newly Infected- obtained from a datapad lying on the ground. Quest asks you to click on Dewback corpses located west of Outpost Largona. Rewards you with 2x Rakghoul DNA Sample, and a choice of 1x Rakghoul DNA Sample, Containment Officer chest or belt
- http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/42047/imperial-containment-officer-armor, http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/42054/republic-containment-officer-armor
- http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/42048/imperial-containment-officer-belt, http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/42056/republic-containment-officer-belt
Lastly, if you get infected with the Rakghoul virus (via either killing Rakghouls/infected NPCs or standing next to someone that blew up) and blow up while infecting other people nearby, you can get this quest
- [DAILY] Plaguebringer – goal is to infect 10 other people when you blow up (takes about 20 minutesfrom first infection to blowing up). There is a write up of how the infections, blowing up etc works! Rewards is 4305 credits and 5x Rakghoul Vaccines.
This is a quest/scavenger hunt that will grant you Codex entry 5 and a Crimson Rakghoul pet! You need to head to the Empire/Republic main city on Tatooine (Mos Ila for Empire, Anchorhead for Republic) to start off this quest.
Basically, you need to grab 3 items within the city, each item will give you a 10 minute buff. Once you have all 3 buffs, it will be converted to a 1 hr long buff that allow you to pick up the quest Tracking the Origins from the terminal near the speeder/Taxi. Note that you do not need the buff to do the quest, just for picking up the quest so don’t worry if you need to take more than an hr to collect all 12 fragments.
This quest is fairly long and requires traveling all over Jundland and Dune Sea to find 12 starship fragments. I wrote a fairly detailed walkthrough which you can read about here.
Rewards you with this!
Killing each of these three world bosses on Tatooine will grant you with 1 Codex entry each, giving you Codex entries 6-8 for the event. There is a writeup on the world bosses here.
- Urtagh: Level 50 bantha world boss located in Outlaw’s Den (-35, 449) on west Jundland section of Tatooine. He is a new world boss introduced with this event.
- Zama Brak – Level 50 world boss located in the NE of Sarlacc Pit in Dune Sea area in Tatooine (-1216, 419). Another new world boss introduced with this event
- Infect Trapjaw – Level 30 world boss found in the middle of Dune Sea (-1770, –867). Spawned by clicking on the skull in the middle of a circle of dead Jawas. Can be duo’ed fairly easily, soloing is also possible if you like a challenge.
Rakghoul DNA samples are obtained from doing the dailies (8 from the Area Dailies and 4-6 from the two dailies so far) and also via dying with the Rakghoul virus. Everytime you die due to the virus, you gain 5 Rakghoul DNA in your inventory. You do not take any durability loss on your armor when you die this way.
Dying with the Rakghoul virus is therefore the fastest and easiest way to get those Rakghoul DNA samples. You just have to find a spot on the fleet where everyone clump together in a pile to get infected. If you want to die faster, you can jump off or find some other ways to kill yourself when the Rakghoul virus is in the Feverish stage. This method can get you 5 DNA sample every 10 minutes.
There is a Jawa vendor (Jeelvic) located in the NE corner of Dune Sea that will exchange your Rakghoul DNA samples for rewards.
The stuff you can buy are mainly color crystals, infected Companion Customization and Pale Rakling.
Infected Companion Lockbox will contain one of the 8 Companion customizations. Which one you get is random and the customizations are Bind to Legacy. So if you say buy 4 boxes, you can get unlucky and get 4x Infected Andronikos customization even if you are not an inquisitor.
- Infected Andronikos Revel Customization
- Infected Corso Riggs Customization
- Infected Elara Dorne Customization
- Infected Kira Carsen Customization
- Infected Mako Customization
- Infected Malavin Quinn Customization
- Infected Tharan Cedrax Customization
- Infected Vector Customization
The Black-Green color crystal looks like this, fluorescent green, which is kinda cool!
Pale Raking looks like this (image taken from Reddit)
There are 9 codex entries so far for the event
1. The Final Flight of the Stardream
- Obtained while doing the 2nd step of [AREA DAILY] Wreck of the Stardream
2. Captain Magnus
- Obtained after completing [AREA DAILY] Wreck of the Stardream
3. Outbreak on Tatooine
- Obtained after investigating the three murals as part of [AREA DAILY] Outbreak
4. The Sand People’s Cure
- Obtained after investigating the Shaman’s mural as part of [AREA DAILY] Outbreak
5. Origins of the Outbreak
- Obtained after finding all 12 starship fragments as part of Tracking the Origins quest
6. Defeated Urtagh
- Defeat Urtagh, level 50 World Boss in Outlaw’s Den area of Tatooine.
7. Defeated Zama Brak
- Defeat Zama Brak, level 50 World Boss in NE of Sarlacc Pit in Dune Sea
8. Defeated Infected Trapjaw
- Defeat Infected Trapjaw, level 30 World Boss in the middle of Dune Sea.
9. Earned Containment Officer Title
- This one is a bit buggy, some people reported that they obtained the title after defeating all 3 world bosses while others didn’t get the title. If you did not get the title after defeating all 3 world bosses and have obtained the 5 prior entries, you may need to re-kill the world bosses like Urtagh
The outfit are part of quest rewards associated with [DAILY] quests. These daily quests don’t disappear when a new one is coming out so there is no rush!
April 15- Boots – [DAILY] Blood Sample
April 16- Gloves – [DAILY] Passenger List
April 17 – Legs – [DAILY] Hybrid Strain
April 18 – Head – [DAILY] Pure Virus Sample
April 19 – Chest/Belt – [DAILY] Newly Infected
Here is the look of the Imperial set (sans belt), Republic set coming tomorrow!