GW2 Lunatic Inquisition mini guide guide with detailed walkthrough and map. Lunatic Inquisitionis a new mini game introduced as part of Mad King’s Labyrinth in ACT 2 of GW2’s Halloween event. This is a part survival and part PvP minigame and can be a lot of fun once you know what you are suppose to be doing. Each game lasts exactly 13 minutes and players are divided into two teams: villagers and lunatics (most people will be villagers).
Lunatic Inquisition is accessed via Mad King’s Laboratory (you need to do a meta event in Queensdale, Kessex Hills, Gendarran fields etc to turn the normal haunted doors into portals into the laboratory). Once you are in, speak to the Lunatic Boatman (a charr) and select Lunatic Inquisition
Alternatively, you can also access this mini game directly by talking to Rasmus directly in Lion’s Arch Trader Forum
1. Map & Basics
Look at the top if your screen, there are two number. The one on the left is your score and the one on the right is top player score. The small number in between is the time remaining on the match.
Here is a map of the Lunatic Inquisition, the various markings will make sense as you read below.
1.3 Team Composition
Game start with 20 villagers but one of them is chosen to be the lunatic. The lunatic team will increase in numbers as the game progresses while the villager team decreases in number.
Winner team gets 5 personalized Trick or Treat bags while loser team gets 3 personalized Trick or Treat bags. Lunatic team wins if they catch all the villagers and convert them to lunatics. Villager team wins if there are any villager remains once the match runs out of time. (information provided by Passive Aggressive on GW2guru)
2.1 General information
- No out of combat health regen but you have a faster run speed and a 10 second stealth (elite skill) on a 45 second cooldown (you have to stay still once the stealth ability activates or you lose it).
- To gain health back, you have to pick up food on the ground to eat or go to one of the four corners of the map and hope the ghost NPC there has a banquet for you.
- Your job is to survive as long as you can while gathering stuff for the four NPCs on the corner of the map.
- If you die, you will get converted to the lunatic team but you still contribute scores to your team
- There are weapons (hammers) that you can pick up near the middle of the map (where the lunatics spawn) to kill lunatics if you like. Bones also do a lot of damage to lunatics and stun them for 3 seconds.
- Alarms are basically faces on the wall that will alert lunatics to your presence by marking dots on the map that they can see. Avoid them or after you trigger them, run away from that location.
- Watch your buff bar, if you see a Mad King command, find a good spot, stand still and type in the command (ponder, cower, shrug, salute, dance) or you will get damaged!
- If you are the last villager survivor, you get a chainsaw! (same skin as the Chainsaw Greatsword skin) that deals a ton of damage to lunatics!
- Villagers should stick together and fight the ghosts with items that you can pick up.You stand a better chance in a group than alone. Beware that once lunatics are killed, they respawn in the same location.
You only have access to an elite ability (invisibility) but items you pick up will grant you access to abilities. The items are one time use only so don’t random use them (exceptions are the weapons)
|Web||Throw your web at your foe, immobilizing them (900 range)|
|Black Goo||Throw your goo at your foe, blinding them (900 range)|
|Torches||Throw your torch at your foe, setting them on fire (900 range|
|Food||Consume to gain ~30% health + swiftness|
|Hammer Smash (Hammer 1)||Smash the ground and damage nearby foes|
|Mighty Smash (Hammer 2)||Launch your foe with a powerful smash (45s CD)|
|Hide in Shadows (elite)||Become invisiable, as long as your remain in place (10s)|
On the four corners of the map are NPCs that asks you to collect various things
- NW- Maise – Bones
- NE – Portia – Torches
- SW – Samson – Black Goo
- SE – Ewan – Webs
If your team collect enough items to fill the event bar the first time, the NPC will summon a banquet near by them that heals and you give you swiftness when ate (Beware of lunatics placing fake banquets near them to trick you). The second time you complete the gathering for that same NPC, he/she will summon a group of monsters (imps, skeletons, oozes, spiders) that patrol that quadrant and attack lunatics that come nearby, The third time you complete the event for the same NPC, he/she will summon a large elite that is a lot stronger (information provided by Passive Aggressive on GW2guru)
2.4 Score Breakdown
|Survive||Don’t die||7 points/minute|
|Things discovered||# of items you handed to NPCs||5 points/item|
|Narrow escape||Dodging lunatic’s attack via active dodge||10 point per successful dodge|
|Commands obeyed||Commands from lunatics you successfully obeyed||??|
|Courtiers stopped||Killing lunatics||??|
3.1 General Information
- You have out of combat health regen but you run slower than villagers
- You have access to teleport pads (4 of them marked as blue rectangles on the map). Use them to quickly travel across the map.
- It is a lot easier for your to score as a lunatic than as a villager
- Your job is basically hunt down villagers and convert them into lunatics.
- Use your Eviscerate whenever you can as it deals a lot of damage. if a villager is running away, use plant scarecrow in their path and use your Mad King says ability. These will all generate points for you
- Mad King says ability is especially powerful. Once casted on a villager, they have to stand still and do the command (ponder, cower, shrug, salute, dance) or they get damaged!
- If you are killed by the villagers, you spawn in the same location you died a few seconds later.
- You have access to a full bar of abilities
|Skill bar||Ability Name||Range||CD||Description|
|1||Chop||130||None||Deliver 3 hits to your foe|
|2||Eviscerate||300||10s||Leap at your foe with a devastating attack|
|3||Terrifying Screech||300||15s||Inflict fear with a loud shout|
|4||Plant Scarecrow||1400||15s||Summon a scarecrow to terrify villagers. You can teleport to your scarecrow, though it doubles the recharge time.|
|6||Shrug||1200||50s||Beseech the Mad King to tell the villagers what to do|
|7||Cower||1200||30s||Beseech the Mad King to tell the villagers what to do|
|8||Salute||1200||40s||Beseech the Mad King to tell the villagers what to do|
|9||Ponder||1200||60s||Beseech the Mad King to tell the villagers what to do|
|0||Dance||1200||70s||Beseech the Mad King to tell the villagers what to do|
In addition, items you pick up allow you to place traps (on your feet) that can be used to trap villagers.
|Web||Place a spiderweb trap to immobilize villagers|
|Black Goo||Plant a trap that will ink your target, causing them to leave a trail only you can see|
|Torch||Lay a fire trap to burn villagers|
|Food||Create a fake banquet|
|Bone||Bury a bone, bonding you to the location. When a villager triggers the trap, you will be teleported back.|
3.4 Score Breakdown
|Conversions||Villagers you kllled||30 points per conversion|
|Villagers trapped||Villagers you trapped with items||??|
|Terror caused||Via ability 4 (scarecrow)||2 points per terrify|
|Insubordinate punished||??||15 points per punish|
|Panics Caused||??||3 points per panick|