GW2 Mad King’s Clock Tower Jumping puzzle guide
GW2 Mad King’s Clock Tower Jumping puzzle guide with detailed instructions and video walkthrough. Mad King’s Clock Tower is located in Mad king’s Labyrinth and it is one of the hardest, if not the hardest jumping puzzle in game introduced with the GW2 Halloween event.
To access it, you need to head to Mad king’s Labyrinth via the door in Lion’s Arch
Once you are inside Mad king’s Labyrinth, talk to the Lunatic Boatmaster and select Mad King’s Clock Tower
There are certain parts of the puzzle worth mentioning that gave me a lot of headaches.
1. Here, when you waiting for the stones etc to pop out, you can start jumping as soon as you see the screenshake to shave off a second or two. If done right, you will land when these platforms/stones appear.
2. This jump here I had a 50% chance of missing it even after running the puzzle for a few hours. You need to run first and then jump so that you jump in the air to make up the distance to the large gear.
3. On this large vertical gear, I always find myself making a jump to get to the other end of the gear and then jump to the stairs. If I try it with just leaping to the stairs, I would always fail the jump.
4. This jump here is a bit tricky as well, I aim for the tip of the beam to jump or otherwise I can’t make it up top. Once you get up the beam, make sure you don’t run off the side.
5. Once you get on this beam (the right beam), you need to jump off the tip of the beam to the fake chest below. Make sure you don’t just run off as otherwise you will just fall into the water. If you are a bit slow, the water might cover the fake chest platform and landing here will return you to the start.
6. Finally, for the last jump required to complete the puzzle, it is a bit buggy and will depends on your latency. When I had high latency 400-500 ms ping, I would always miss the jump no matter what. You need to wait for the lightning to strike the clock face and then jump immediately when you see parts of the clock face appear on your screen. Doing it this way will make you hit the hole in the clock face once the clock face is in full view and not miss it.
- First run: Mad King’s Chest, which rewards exotic gloves you can pick for your armor class (account bound, soulbound on use). This reward is once per account
- Heavy: [&AgGqvgAA] – Gauntlets of Madness
- Medium: [&AgGovgAA] – Gloves of Madness
- Light: [&AgGpvgAA] – Armwraps of Madness
- Subsequent runs: 3-4 Trick or Treat bags