A compilation of pre-events and teasers for the GW2 The Lost Shores update which will take place on the weekend starting on Nov 16!
Some very general information on the big Nov 15/16 patch can be found in the MMORPG livestream today, which was summarized nicely by Rytlock on Reddit.
- Weekend long event (Nov 16) to open up the island and a new dungeon that give you better rewards and gets harder as you go deeper. Dungeon is aimed towards L80s.
- The island is not a full zone map but a medium sized map that contains a lot of fun stuff for all levels (all players will be scaled to 80).
- New rewards not available elsewhere can be found on the island.
With the newest game build on Nov 1, the Halloween event was removed but one of the devs (Martin Kerstein), dropped this hint about a teaser on the forums
After the new build was released, players on reddit reported seeing three new ships in Lion’s Arch.
- Sanctum Harbor Waypoint
- Claw Island Portage Waypoint
- Sanctum Harbor bay
All three ships have a very distinctive symbol on their sail and the cargo they carry have a very distinctive marking
Interestingly, below the Claw Island Portage Waypoint ship is a sunken ship with the same markings
Following the symbol on the cargo crate, players found a house near Claw Island Portage Waypoint with the same marking with a deactivated Asura gate nearby.
Inside the marked house, something strange is happening to certain players. One Redditor in particular, Balthazar6817 was able to see three posters that most other people cannot. In addition, the asura gate was active for him but cannot be accessed. (Image courtesy of Balthazar6817/Mizetto).
Lion’s Arch Authorities are diligently combating an unstoppable onslaught of flesh-eating swarms. We apologize for the inconvience. We ask that, for your own safety, to stand close and to let our professionals die horribly so that you may continue to live. If you rank yourself among the righteous then by all means assist in the extermination process. We are certain that somewhere, someone at some time will be grateful for your heroic, if not pointless, sacrifice.
Dangerous sea monsters
Lion’s Arch Authorities kindly remind all visitors that sea monsters have rendered our beaches unsafe for the general public. Should you choose to ignore this warning then upon your inevitable, grisly demise members of our local pirate population will insure the fair division of your remaining, worldly possessions. Despite your potential horrible end, find comfort in the knowledge that you will soon no longer care and that you will have made a generous contribution to those who, ironically, have more respect of the rules than you do.
HQ image and bottom text translation provided by ralmante
Avast! Ahoy all ye landlubbers!
The hardworking members of the consortium are proud to announce the upcoming unveiling of your dream vacation! coming soon we will open the gate – the asura gate – connecting Lion’s Arch to a veritable tropical paradise of magnificent proportions!
swim in the radiant waters*!
relax on the beach*!
dance the night away*!
Prepare to hoist your jolly roger and to embark on a most majestic adventure with your favorite band of salty dogs!
Arr You Ready?
*Towels not included. The consortium cannot be held responsible for aquatic-related and rythmic-related injuries(or other injuries related to misadventure or otherwise general buffonery). Our medical staff will be on-call to happily ignore your needs should they inevitable arise.
In addition to these three posters, you can see new warning signs on the beach, also in New Krytan (translation also by Ashodin)
People also reported seeing whales on the shore (original discover by Kromgar on Reddit). At first I thought it was just some graphical glitch but this appears not to be the case. There are NPCs tending the whales and water buckets are also placed nearby that you can use to water the whale.
Some other stuff which may or may not be relevant
1) Inside the hut is a book with what it appears to be a sailing map with a bunch of arrows and New Krytan text undernearth it. Image taken from AlcyoneNight, also discovered by Kromgar Edit: Reader Flymm found the same book in Godlost Swamps in Queensdale near the heart NPC, so looks like the book was added for effect and doesn’t actually provide any clues..
2) There is also a larger map on the wall, to the ordinary eye, it appears to be just a map of Tyria but Redditor Raconz was able to find two dark dots on the map (new Krytan text below says Tyria). Edit: it appears that these are just tears in the map and nothing special : (
Rough match up on the world map ingame (the left dot is hard to match up as the terrain appears to be different)
3) Reader GERGŐ BARTA was able to find the Lion’s Arch ship markings on ships in Bloodtide Coast pirates..It is possible that these symbols are just generic Lion’s Arch naval ships markings and not related to the Lost Shores event.
At this point, our guess is that the Lost Shores is accessed by that Asura portal near Claw Island Portage Waypoint. Check back for updates as the event unfolds over the next couple of days!