A comprehensive guide to the Snowball Mayhem PvP activity introduced as part of the GW2 Wintersday event.
Official Anet Description and tips
How to Start
Go to Lion’s Arch Mystic Forge and talk to the Festive Lionguard to start the PvP minigame
Two achievements are obtainable here, both counts towards the Apprentice Toymaker title and achievement.
- Gift Bringer: You will need to return 5 gifts to your team’s base to complete this achievement – 15 Achievement Points
- Gift Stopper: You will need to down 5 enemy Gift carriers- 15 achievements
Note that for Gift Stopper, you have to be the one landing the last hit to down the gift carrier for it to count towards the achievement.
3 Personalized Wintersday Gifts for winning, 1 for losing. The gifts contain ugly socks, hats, sweaters and sometimes a snowflake.
You get to choose between three classes (Support, Heavy Gunner, and Scout). Their abilities are described pretty well in the Official Arenanet Description and tips so read that part or just play around with it. The match will end if one team gets to 500 points first.
Score – team & personal
Everytime you bring a gift from the center of the map to your base, your team get 100 points. Everytime you kill someone in the opposing team, your team get 5 points.
In terms of personal score, everytime you bring a gift back to your base, you get 10 points and everytime you kill an enemy player, you get 3 points. If you stop a gift carrier from the opposing team, you get 2 points.
Here is a map of Snowball Mayhem. The large rectangle at the top indicate the rough area where the gift will spawn while the two smaller circles at the bottom indicates the gift drop off points.
Map Shortcut: There is a shortcut that allow you to get from your base to the enemy base and vice versa. You will need to make this jump here while not in combat (it is a fairly long jump). There is usually a power-up located on the middle rock as well.
- All classes: Autoattack with your 1 ability is not enabled by default, press
- Support: If you just downed someone, activate Snowroll and repeatedly run over the downed enemy. The snowball does a lot of damage to downed players and can finish them off quick.
- Scout: You can activate your Snowblind ability near the gift carrier of your team. This will cloak both you and the gift carrier for a few seconds and give you both swiftness.
- Scout: Scout is the easiest class to get the gift. Just activate Snowblind at the start (#5) as this will give you swiftness. Then use that to get the swiftness power up. Once you reach the gift, use Snowblind again.
- Scout: You can camp near the enemy base and if you see an enemy gift carrier coming, hit Snowblind and then activate Sniper Shot as soon as the carrier is in range. If you get Sniper Shot channel for the whole duration, this will hit them for 80% of their HP.