A guide to GW2’s Wintersday Tixx’s Infinirarium, The Grove version. This instance was first opened on Dec 15 and gave out the achievement Sylvari Surprise and the Ventari Frame for those who completed it. It is designed for a 5 person dungeon but can be done with less (takes around 10-15m to complete)
Go to the Grove, at the north end of it, you will see the dungeon entrance.This entrance will be here until Dec 16 10 am PST.
Most of it is fairly self-explanatory but there are some parts that are a bit tricky/buggy. Here is a short video provided by Petrus
1. Destroy Tar Elementals and return their ooze to the machines
Kill tar elementals for Ball of Ooze and then return them to the machines on either side. This part can bug out and if that happens just have the first person to enter the dungeon log to an alt and then log back in. This will reset the dungeon and kick everyone out.
2. Teleport to the platforms above the gift-giving apparatus and stop the mischievous skritt (Kill 12 Skritt Intruders)
3. Collect plant food near buildings for the Ventari toys (Collect 15 Plant Food)
These plant food are scattered on the ground but Skritt Foragers will also steal them. Don’t let them run away as they will disappear near a sewer entrance with the plant food.
4. Destroy the malfunctioning turrets (Destroy 18 turrets)
5. Stop Toxx from rampaging through the airship
Chest: Don’t forget there is a treasure chest in the middle of the map after you defeated Toxx. Easy to miss.
The first time you complete this on your account, you will get Ventari Frame, 100 Mystical Cogs, and a choice between 250 Drops of Magic Glue or 250 Wads of Enchanted Stuffing. Both Ventari Frame and Mystical Cogs are account bound and you need 250 Mystical Cogs to make the mini from Ventari Frame
Ventari frame makes the Mini Toy Ventari, which can also be brought on the gem store for 350 gems.
Subsequent runs with either the same character or an alt on the same account will only reward you with a choice of Wintersday gifts.
There are two achievements obtainable with The Grove version of Tixx’s Infinirarium.
- Sylvari Surprise (just complete this instance)
- Smash the Town (not specific to this version, smash all the buildings etc inside the instance. If you can’t seem to get it, just run around and smash everything you see with a melee weapon. Make sure you destroy the trees/fences too. Also, the castle can’t be destroyed so don’t even bother wasting time on it. Also, Guardian Staff #1 skill make short work of this achievement as it is an AoE that ignores obstacles – thanks Kholdy)
- In addition, if you want an easy way to complete Smash the Town achievement without mob interference, you can do it after you complete the dungeon.
Both achievements counts towards the Apprentice Toymaker achievement/title.
Last but not least, Toy Ventari inside the instance counts towards the monthly – Buster of the Busted.
- Reader Techno mentioned that the misbehaving toys respawn infinitely during the malfunctioning turrets section of the instance, this allow you to complete the monthly by killing them over and over if that is your thing.