A guide to GW2’s Help in Hoelbrak, Hoelbrak’s version of Tixx’s Infinirarium. This instance was first opened on Dec 18 and gave out the achievement Help in Hoelbrak and the Plush Griffon frame those who completed it. It is designed for a 5 person dungeon but can be done with less (15-20 minutes)
Go to Hoelbrak, the entrance is in the middle of the city to the east of Might and Main Waypoint
1. Collect presents for the toy princesses – 15
Presents are on the ground but also held by skritt foragers
2. Color unpainted princess dolls with the plasma paint cannon – 40
Look for princess dolls with white dresses and paint them. The game will ping you the locations of the last few princess dolls on your minimap so keep a lookout.
3. Retake the plush griffon’s aerie from the princesses
Clear out the toy princesses and there doesn’t seem to be a second wave of them.
4. Defend the toy Ventari from the princess dolls – 5
Make sure that not all the toy Ventari are killed or you will get kicked out of the dungeon.
5. Destroy malfunctioning mortars before they cause too much damage – 25
These are scattered all over the place. Look at your minimap for the last couple mortars as the game will point out their locations
6. Drive off malfunctioning toy soldiers attacking the assembly line – 8 waves
7. Destroy plush griffon nests, and drive plush griffons away from the helm
Stay at the helm (there is a circle you have to defend against the plush grifons). You will gain progress when the circle turns blue.
8. Stop Toxx from rampaging through the airship
Toxx doesn’t seem to get any harder
Plush Griffon- he likes to flap his wings (pics provided by Rekahsevac Xer)
Chest: There is a chest in the middle of the map after you have completed the instance, don’t forget to loot it. It has a chance for exotics.
Competition Reward: Like all other days you get 100 Mystical Gears, Plush Griffon frame, and a choice between 250 Enchanted Stuffing or Drop of Magic Glue. You will need 250 Mystical Gears to craft a mini (you should have 400 after today). These rewards are given for the first time you complete it and subsequent runs only rewards you with gifts (even if you run it with an alt or run it after daily reset).
Note that you can use the Plush Griffon frame to make the Endless Plush Griffon’s Tonic
There are two achievements obtainable with Hoelbrak edition of Tixx’s Infinirarium
- Help in Hoelbrak (just complete this instance)
- Smash the Town (not specific to this version, smash all the buildings etc inside the instance. If you can’t seem to get it, just run around and smash everything you see with a melee weapon. Make sure you destroy the trees/fences too. Also, the castle can’t be destroyed so don’t even bother wasting time on it. Also, Guardian Staff #1 skill make short work of this achievement as it is an AoE that ignores obstacles – thanks Kholdy)
- In addition, if you want an easy way to complete Smash the Town achievement without mob interference, you can do it after you complete the dungeon.
Both achievements counts towards the Apprentice Toymaker achievement/title.