A updated guide to the new GW2 daily achievements revamped with the February Flame and Frost The Gathering Storm patch . Included below are some tips on quickly finishing each portion of the daily.
Daily Ambient Killer – 30 Critter kills
- A good spot for lots of critters/ambient creatures is the Godlost Swap in Queensdale. Lots of Sparkfly and Frogs to kill for your enjoyment.
Daily Aquatic Slayer – 25 Underwater kills
- Kill stuff in water, got my done in Cursed Shores but anywhere with water and mobs works.
Daily Ascalonian Event Completer – 4 events
- For this, I really like the NW corner of Diessa Plateau. It has two event chains nearby (Meatoberfest and Dredge Assault), and events from the Living Story also occurs here. In addition, there is a group event with a Champions Plains Wurm just west of Village of Butcherblock as well.
Daily Ascalonian Killer – 40 Ascalonians killed
- Both storymode and explorable Ascalonian Catacombs have Ascalonians you can kill. You can do storymode Ascalonian Catacombs and knock out the Story Dungeon Completer in one go.
- Additionally, areas such as the Ascalon City Ruins in Plains of Ashford or the Monument Grounds/Shattered Paradise in Blazeridge Steppes have lots of soloable Ascalonian mobs for the achievement.
Daily Ascalonian Veteran Killer – 3 Veterans killed
- There is a really good location in Plains of Ashford near the new waypoint introduced last patch that has 3-4 Ascalonian veterans you can kill for this achievement.
Daily Champion Slayer – 1 Champion killed
- Lots of places to do this one but if you are doing the Kessex Hill event chain (see under Daily Events) then there is a guaranteed champion at the 3rd even down south (Kill the Harathi Overlord). Sometimes if there are enough people at the bridge event and the event scales up, there will be champion at that event as well.
- Additionally, if you are doing the Frozen Maw chain for Shiverpeak events, the Champion Shaman at the end also works for this achievement.
Daily Condition Applier – 50 conditions applied
- This one should be easy – stack Bleeds, weakness, confusion etc on the mobs. It is like the achievement to kill x number of mobs.
Daily Condition Remover – 20 conditions removed
- Have condition removal skills equipped and remove conditions as you encounter them.
Daily Costume Brawl Champion – Champion once
- This one can be pretty easy to complete, especially if you have boxing gloves or Scepter of Thorn from the Halloween event.
- You need to land 25 hits on other players to become a champion. The white cross track your hits on other players and the little icon with the crown tells you how many times you became a champion.
- One interesting trick a guildie uses is to purchase the Pirate Captain’s Outfit (700 gems)which give you a cannon as one of the sword skills. Next, you purchase the Boxing Gloves (300 gems) and place the cannon down as a bait. A lot of players will see the cannon and activate it. This will flag them for costume brawl and you can quickly switch to your boxing gloves and knock them senseless.
Daily Crafter – make 10 items
- Easy achievement, just refine 10 items.
Daily Dodger – Dodge 15 attacks
- Skills with evade counts for this achievement as well.
- Flame Legion Igniter mobs outside Citadel of Flame in Fireheart Rise (you can find some on the bridge) – if you dodge their flamethrower attack, it counts for something like 6-7 dodges. Run around in a circle around them a few laps and you should get your daily dodger done fast.
- Ice wurms in Frostgorge sound south of Honor of the Waves dungeon entrance – they have a rock attack that can be dodged very easily. Dodge as soon as you see the rock is in the air if you stand close to them.
- Young Karka in Southsun Cove – wait for first attack and then dodge towards them for 3-4 dodges in one go.
Daily Dungeon Completer – Complete 1 dungeon
- A quick Citadel of Flame Path 1 run will do or any dungeons really. Path 1 is fast.
Daily Events – Complete 5 events
- Kryta: Kessex Hills. There are 3-4 events part of the Battle of Fort Salma event chain, They are fast events with a quick respawn timer. Events that are part of the chain occur at locations 1-3 in a sequential manner so just WP over there and see which events are going on.
- Ascalon: NW corner of Diessa Plateau has two event chains nearby (Meatoberfest and Dredge Assault), and events from the Living Story also occurs here. In addition, there is a group event with a Champions Plains Wurm just west of Village of Butcherblock as well.
- Shiverpeaks: Frozen Maw event chain in Wayfarer Foothills: 6-7 events can be done in a few minutes with a chest in the end that give out rares. .Event chain repeat every 25 minutes and start in Krennak’s Homestead Waypoint.
- Maguuma Jungle: There is a place in Sparkfly Fens that is really nice for events as there are two event chains right next to each other. The event chain Assault on Fort Cadence occurs in the north and ends with [Group Event] Sink the Ash Horizon which you can easily solo by attacking the ship from land. Down in the south, there is Protecting Zintl Holy Grounds event chain which have a series of events.
Daily Event Mentor – 5 sidekicked events completed
- Sidekicked just means completing event in zones under your character level (i.e. scaled down). Doing events in pretty much every zone that is below your character level works for this.
Daily Feast – 25 food eaten
- Go on the Trading Post and search for pie, then buy 25 pies that cost like 2-3 coppers.Don’t try search via consumables –> food, that filter is broken.
Daily Fractal Runner – 1 Fractals Completed
- Just do a fractal
- Self explanatory, go to Cursed Shores/Malchor’s Leap to do your daily Orichalcum run for the best bang for the buck! Use Orrmaps.com if you are unsure where the orichalcum ores are located.
Daily Group Events – 2 group events
- Kryta: 2a and 3 of the 3-4 events in Kessex Hills event chain are group events so this one should be fairly easy to complete.
- Shiverpeaks: If you are doing the Frozen maw event chain in Wayfarer Foothills, the last event is also a group event.
- Maguuma Jungle: Sink the Ash Horizon in Assault on Fort Cadence is a group event that is easily soloable.
- Ascalon: There is a group event with a Champions Plains Wurm just west of Village of Butcherblock in NW Diessa Plateau
Daily Healer – Revive 10 allies (players or NPCs)
- The field north of Nebo Terrace in Gendarran Fields is a good spot to rez NPCs as there are a lot of dead NPCs in the field and most of die quickly to the skelks after being rezzed
- An old favorite is the Thaumanova Reactor in NW corner of Metrica Province. There are a lot of dead asura NPCs to revive and lots of different mobs to kill for daily kill variety.
Daily Karma Spender – Spend 750 Karma
- Your best returns for this is probably to buy the Lost Orrian Jewelery box off the Orr Karma vendors if you have over 4500 karma. These boxes give you some karma back and chance to lodestones.
Daily Keg Brawl Fumble Forcer – Caused 5 fumbles
- Keg Brawl is located on the west end of Hoelbrak. There is a NPC there with a two crossed flags icon that you can talk to get started.
- You must cause 5 fumbles. Fumble occurs when you steal the keg from someone (via #2 skill) but you are far enough that the keg is not directly passed to you but drops on the ground instead.
Daily Keg Brawl Scorer – 3 scores
- You must score 3 times for this achievement to count. To score, you must bring a keg to the NPC on your side. Do this 3 times to complete the achievement.
Daily Keg Brawl Stealer – 5 steals
- For the steal to count, the keg must not land on the ground during the transfer from the enemy player to you. The best way to do this is stand inside the enemy player with the keg and press 2. This will transfer the keg directly to you unless they are in the middle of throwing it (in which case it is a fumble). If you are too far from the enemy keg carrier when this happens he will throw the keg in the air when you disarm them and this won’t count.
Daily Keg Brawl Victor – 1 win
- The team that scores 11 points first wins.
Daily Kills – Kill 50 stuff
- Kill 50 mobs/players
Daily Kill Variety – 13 different types of enemies killed
- In NE corner of Gendarran Fields there is an arena type of event to kill a variety of animals which is more than enough to finish off the daily kill variety
- Thaumanova Reactor in NW corner of Metrica Province works well for this, see Daily Healer for map of the location.
Daily Krytan Event Completer – Complete 4 events
- That Kessex Hills event chain with the centaurs is perfect for this! The chain usually contain 3 events but the cooldown timer between repeats is fairly short (<5 minutes).
Daily Krytan Killer – 40 kills
- Kessex Hill event chain works perfect for this, see above.
Daily Laurel Vendor
- There is a laurel vendor right outside the WvW portals in Lion’s Arch. This one is pretty much a freebie.
Daily Leveler – Gain 1 level
- Fastest way is probably to make a new level 1 character. You will be level 2 when you finish the personal story.
Daily Maguuman Event Completer –4 events
- There is a place in Sparkfly Fens that is really nice for events as there are two event chains right next to each other
- The event chain Assault on Fort Cadence occurs in the north and ends with [Group Event] Sink the Ash Horizon which you can easily solo by attacking the ship from land.
- Down in the south, there is Protecting Zintl Holy Grounds event chain which have a series of events.
Daily Maguuman Slayer – Kill 40 things in Maguuma Jungle
- Metrica Province, Caledon Forest, Sparkfly Fens, Mount Maelstrom, Brisband Wildlands.
- If you do the two event chains in Sparkfly Fens, you can rake up those 40 kills relatively quickly.
Daily Maguuman Veteran Killer – kill 4 veterans
- Just south of the Twilight Arbor entrance in NW corner of Caledon Forest are a bunch of Veteran Mosshearts with fast respawn (<1 min once killed). You can get this daily done over there relatively quick and painless.
Daily Mists Caravan Disruptor –5 kills
- Best bet is to gather near an enemy’s supply camp and kill all the dolyak caravans that comes out.
Daily Mists Invasion Defender –10 kills
- Kill 10 players in WvW
Daily Mystic Forgesmith – 5 uses
- Throw in some random items into the forge or buy green runes/sigils off the TP (they are like 20 cooper each) and combine them in the mystic forge.
Daily Recycler – 10 items salvaged
- Buy cheapies off the trading post to salvage if you need.
Daily Shiverpeak Events – 4 events completed
- If you do the Frozen Maw chain, you can get this daily done fairly quick and get a chest with a rare in the end as well.The chain starts in Krennak’s Homstead Waypoint and starts every 25 minutes.
Daily Shiverpeak Killer – 40 kills
- By doing the Frozen maw event chain, you should get this one done pretty quickly.
Daily Shiverpeak Veteran Killer – 3 kills
- Claw of Jormag event in Frostgorge Sound has a lot of veterans that can finish this achievement rather quickly.
- If the Claw of Jormag event is not up, you can go north of Earthshake waypoint. There are lots of veterans here ( Veteran Pinesoul. Veteran Wolf, Veteran Icebrood Wolf, Veteran Icebrood Seer to just name a few).
- In addition, in the cave just east of Solitude Waypoint in NE Wayfarer Foothills, one can find a cave with 3 Veteran Cave Spiders which is perfect for this achievement.
Daily Skill Interruptor – 15 skills interrupted
- Best mobs to interrupt their skills are mobs with a slow attack that is very well telegraphed. Ettins in Kessex Hills is perfect for this as they have a long charge up attack that you can interrupt easily – knockbacks, knockdowns, pulls, stuns, daze etc.
Daily Skill Point Accumulator – 3 skill points earned
- If you have a character they have not completed world completion, have them do the skill challenges all over the map. Do 3 of them for the daily.
Daily Personal Story Completer – 1 personal story completed.
- Make a level 1 character and do the starter tutorial. It is quick and easy. Delete the character afterwards so you can do this daily next time or the Daily Leveler.
Daily Puzzle Jumper – 1 Puzzle completed
- Quickest and probably the safest jumping puzzle is probably the one in NE corner of Lion’s Arch – Urmaug’s Secret.
Daily Puzzle Discoverer – 3 Puzzles Discovered
- Unlike the above achievement, you don’t need to complete a jumping puzzle, but rather discover it. The quickest way to do this is to run to the entrace of Urmaug’s Secret in Lion’s Arch. The trigger point for the achievement is where I am standing in the screenshot. Now guest to two other servers and do the same to get the achievement done.
Daily Story Dungeon Completer – 1 story dungeon completed
- May want to do Ascalonian Catacombs for this since this daily is on the same day as Daily Ascalonian killer. Hard achievement to get since most people don’t run storymodes.
Daily Veteran Slayer – kill 5 veteran mobs
- Very easy achievement to do, just go to the event area in Kessex Hills (see Daily events) and almost all of the events in that chain have veterans. You can get this done before you even finish up an event.
- The area to the right of Solitude Waypoint (NE corner of Wayfarer Foothills) also have 3 veteran Cave Spiders with a quick respawn (see Daily Shiverpeaks Veteran Killer)
- Area of south of Twilight Arbor in Caledon Forest – kill mosshearts. (see Daily Maguuman Veteran Killer)