In addition to the guild missions reveal at the MMORPG interview released today, Game Designer Anthony Ordon went on the forums to talk briefly about the difficulty of the new upcoming Guild Missions with the Feb update.
i hope the new content is done smart and isnt “beatable” only with numbers of auto attack spammer – Avatar.1923:
Granted, there a bunch of different mission types and they all vary in difficulty. But given that this is guild content, we created some challenges that should hopefully require some decent coordination. And while the risen temple of Grenth is a fine example of very hard event, I think you’ll find that the guild content pressures you ways other than dealing lots of damage. A few missions haven’t even been completed by our internal testers yet (but they came extremely close).
If you missed the MMORPG.com interview with Colin Johanson, there is quite a bit on the Guild Missions.
- Allow guild members to work together to unlock guild upgrades that allow them to go on missions together.
- Missions can only be kicked off by the specific guild with that mission researched but once activated, anyone nearby can help.
- Some parts of the missions are for guild members only but there are parts that allow everyone else to assist as well.
- When a guild mission is activated, a guild banner will be dropped with the name and emblem of the guild who activated the mission.
- One category of guild missions is Rush – a time begins and the rush have to be competed X number of times within the allocated time for success. Anyone who complete the rush at least once will receive a personal reward even if they are not in that guild. Players in the guild that started the mission receive an extra different type of reward, which can be traded for a new category of personal guild rewards that are only earned via the guild mission system.
- On the initial release in Feb, guild missions will be PvE only and occur entirely in the open world.
- Guild Mission rewards include items specifically for players who complete the missions to upgrades for the guild itself, such have cheaper waypoint costs for the entire guild while the bonus is active. Personal rewards very from luxury goods to new type of items. Some are fun guild related items such as a tonic that turn you into your guild’s banner.