A blog post went on the official GW2 website today revealing some details about the upcoming guild missions in next tuesday’s update
This new system features 3 new things
- Guild Missions
- Guild Merits
- Expanded Unlock system
Guild Missions are a new unlockable gameplay that your guild can earn through the guild tech tree. These missions are designed for group play and occurs in a persistent world (Southsun Cove exclusively for now).
Five guild mission types will be included as part of the February update
- Guild Bounty – Your guild is tasked with tracking down and capturing various targets for the Orders. These people are wanted for a variety of reasons and have all sorts of tricks up their sleeves to resist arrest!
- Guild Trek – Think you know Tyria? Well the Tyrian Explorer’s Society has a challenge for you! Find the list of locations before time runs out.
- Guild Challenge – These challenges leverage our existing event system but are specifically geared to require multi-group, coordinated play to succeed. So gather your guild and see if you’re up to the challenge!
- Guild Rush – Test your skills with a mad dash over harrowing terrain, traps, and other hidden dangers. Just remember, there’s safety in numbers!
- Guild Puzzle – It’s a puzzle and a jumping challenge all in one! This mission type requires multi-group coordination as well as individual jumping skills to get to the treasure at the end.
- Personal rewards and Guild Merits for completing these missions
- Merits display your accomplishments in the guild panel and can be used to unlock new guild upgrades
- Expanded unlock system includes new rewards like combo banner, gold find bonus, reduced waypoint costs, and guild missions.