SWTOR operation boss guide for Dread Master Styrak and Kell Dragon the seventh and final boss in Scum Villainy, a new Level 55 operation located on planet of Darvannis. Both storymode and hardmode guides are available.
|Dread Guard Officer||56k|
|Dread Master Styrak||1.35 million|
|Dread Master Styrak apparition (big)||86k|
|Dread Master Styrak apparition (small)||28k|
|P1: Dread Guard Officer & Dread Guard||These guys come one pack at a time. Each pack composed of Dread Guard Officer + 4 Dread Guards. The officer will heal so make sure to interrupt him or kill him first. Once a pack is killed, the next pack will activate and attack right away.|
|P2: Kell Dragon||Dragon is mostly a tank n spank except he has an acid attack on the tank that you need to move away from. He also have an attack called Spines that deals AoE damage but can be blocked by having raid standing behind the tank. Additionally, he has a high damage AoE attack called Leap Slam that is fairly infrequent.|
|P3: Nightmare Manifestation||One random raid member is placed into a room and have to fight their companion who has 24k HP|
|P3: Force Pull||This is a huge push directed at tanks that will knock them into the exhaustion zone and act as a possible tank swap mechanic.|
|P3: Chained Manifestation||Styrak disappears and spawns a giant apparition of himself chain to four smaller apparitions. You must kill the big one before the four smaller ones close in with their beams.|
|P3: Lighting Manifestation||Usually follows Chained Manifestation. Styrak will disappear and spawn four smaller apparitions you will need to kill.|
|P3: Force Lighting & Thundering Blast||Both are attacks directed at random raid members that will damage them and anyone nearby. Thundering Blast deals a large amount of single target damage in one hit while Force Lighting is channeled.|
|P4: Kell Dragon||Kell Dragon appears again but this time takes much more damage. Deals around 1k damage every 2 seconds via an AoE attack caleld Power of the Master.|
|P4: Saber Throw/Force Charge||As Styrak is about to die, he will throw his sabers at a random raid member and knock them back into exhaustion zone. The knockback deals 10k damage.|
Dread Master Syrak is a whole orchestrated fight with four phases. The fight isn’t very hard for the last boss of the operation.
Phase 1 – Dread Guards
In phase 1, you raid will be pitted against a huge group of Dread Guards. There is no need to worry though as huge group actually pulls separately into smaller groups of 1 Dread Guard Officer (elite) and 4 Dread Guards (strong). Just pull one group and the other groups will come automatically when the previous group is killed.
None of them are hard to kill due their HP. The Dread Guard Officer does heal for quite a bit so make sure to interrupt him or kill him first.
Phase 2 – Kell Dragon
In Phase 2, you will be pitted against the Kell Dragon pet of Dread Master Styrak. Do not attack Dread Master Styrak while in this phase or he will one shot you. Do not wander near the throne area either as there is an invisible line that will kill you if you cross it.
The Kell Dragon has a few abilities you need to be aware
- Acid Spit directed at the tank – tank will need to move to a different location when this occurs. Raid need to make sure to not step on this acid.
- Spines – a channeled 15 seconds whirling attack that deals AoE damage but you can have tank act as a shield to soak the damage by having everyone standing behind the tank. The damage is fairly low in storymode so it might not be necessary.
- Leap Slam – hard hitting AoE attack (hits for 7.k) but doesn’t occur frequent enough to be much of a concern.
When the Kell dragon gets low, an apparition of Dread Master Styrak will spawn and channel a stun on the tank currently tanking Kell Dragon. You will need to do a tank swap here and kill the apparition.
When the Kell Dragon is about to die, bubble your raid for the Force Storm that Styrak will cast during the transition between Phase 2 and Phase 3.
Phase 3 – Dread Master Styrak
Dread Master Styrak will announce his arrival by Mass Force Storm. This is a 7 second AoE attack that deals 1k damage per second. The damage is fairly small but the raid should still stack up to heal.
Styrak has quite a few abilities at his arsenal. There doesn’t seem to be a sequence in which he use these abilities.
- Force Pull – Huge push back on the tank, designed to knock the tank into an Exhaustion Zone. Tank swap here may be good.
- Nightmare Manifestation – One random raid member will get teleported to a small room and be forced to fight one of their companions, who has 24k HP. If you don’t kill your companion fast enough, you may get hit for 20k damage.
- Chained Manifestation – Styrak will disappear and spawn a huge apparition of himself linked to four smaller apparitions. You must kill this middle big apparition before the four smaller apparitions enclose on your raid. Their beams will instantly one shot players.
- Lighting Manifestation – This usually follows Chained Manifestation in which Styrak will spawn four smaller apparitions that you will need to burn down quick. There are no beams here but these apparitions will do Force Lighting on your raid until they are killed. They will attack whoever it is closest to them. Make sure the targeted person doesn’t die or they will leap to and one shot other players.
- Force Lighting and Thundering Blast: Both attacks are directed at random raid members and damage those around them. Force Lighting is a channeled attack that deals around 3k damage per second for 5 seconds while Thundering Blast is a huge attack that deals ~8k. Spread out for this part if you are having trouble healing through. Otherwise, you can stack for AoE heals.
Phase 4 – Revive Kell Dragon & Dread Master Styrak
When you get Styrak down to 10%, he will revive the Kell Dragon you just killed and become immune to damage. This Kell Dragon dies a lot quicker than before (takes increased damage) but does a constant AoE called Power of the Master that deals around 1k damage every 2 seconds. You shouldn’t have much trouble dispatching the Kell Dragon quickly.
After you killed Kell Dragon, Styrak will come back with some new abilities. He will use his Saber Throw and Force Charge (huge knockback) on random raid members. These are all high damage instant attacks (Saber Throw deals ~6k damage while Force Charge deaks ~10K) designed as a soft enrage mechanic.
|Dread Guard Officer||56k|
|Dread Master Styrak||2.1 million|
|Dread Master Styrak apparition (big)||211k|
|Dread Master Styrak apparition (small)|
|DPS check /Tight enrage||The enrage on this boss is going to be super tight for groups fighting him for the first time. It therefore recommended that healers help DPS as much as they can and prioritize DPS on the boss as much as possible in earlier phases.|
|P2: Kell Dragon||Spines attack deals a lot more damage so you will need a tank to stand between the dragon and the raid to absorb most of the damage. Also the ghost form of Styrak pops down a lot more often so you will need to tank swap frequently.|
|P3: Lighting Manifestation||DPS should be pre-assigned to each of manifestations so that they can engage the manifestations right away.|
|P4: Saber Throw/Force Charge||Due to the tight enrage of this fight and the amount of damage he deals at this phase, it is recommended that you drag him near the entrance so that players get pushed into the wall and not get out of heal and DPS range.|
Hardmode doesn’t have much new mechanics compared to storymode but the tight enrage timer and the high incoming damage will cause groups to do things a bit differently.
Phase 2 – Kell Dragon
The biggest thing groups will notice in hardmode is the Spines attack. This attack now deals much more damage in hardmode (~7k damage every second) and will require the raid to move behind the tank and use the tank as a human shield to absorb the damage. Sorcerers/sages can also use their Force Barrier to block this attack as well.
The ghostly apparition of Styrak spawns a lot more often so you will need to kill them quick and tank swaps a lot more. There might be a special version that channels Charge on to the dragon to increase his damage so you will definitely want to eliminate him ASAP.
Phase 3 – Lighting Manifestations
For the four Lighting Manifestations that spawn after the big Chained Manifestation, it is helpful to have DPS pre-assigned to each manifestations so that DPS can engage them immediately and not waste any time. Be sure there is a player next to each Manifestation so they don’t damage rest of the raid standing in the middle.
Phase 4 – Saber Throw/Force Charge
As soon as the reanimated Kell Dragon is killed, you will want to drag Dread Master Styrak towards the entrance so the raid can place their back against the wall. This way, if you do get pushed and survive the attack, you are not out of DPS/heal range. If you do hit enrage here, his Saber Throw will one shot anyone that is not a tank (~32k damage)