A list of all the known locations to dig for baubles with your shovel/digger inside the Super Adventure Box. Compiled in one page for easy reference.
Note: All of the locations can be dug once per instance. You can dig more times by leaving to Rata Sum and going back to start a new instance. World 1 Zone 2 at the moment seems to be the best location for farming baubles via digging as you can net 120 baubles not far from the entrance.
This is not a comprehensive list, there are many digging locations that are yet to be discovered. Feel free to submit any locations you find!
|Location||# of baubles via digging|
|World 1 Zone 1||70|
|World 1 Zone 2||420|
|World 1 Zone 3||180|
|World 2 Zone 1||145|
World 1 Zone 1
1. Between checkpoint 1 and 2 is the hill with the chest on top. From that hill, you can do two separate jumps to get +70 baubles in total. If you take the left path (yellow), it will take you to a spot to dig three baubles worth +10 baubles each. If you take the right path (white), it will take you to a spot where you can dig for 2 baubles worth +20 baubles each. This adds together for +70 baubles. (image provided by Kuro Haru, info by Talotaikuri/Ares)
World 1 Zone 2
Zone 2 is probably the best zone to dig for baubles as there are 3x 40 (120) baubles near the entrance that are fairly easy to reach.
1. Right before the first checkpoint, there is a rock near the waterfall on the left you can dig for +40 baubles (two red baubles).
2.There is stump after the first checkpoint right next to the horizontal trunk on the ground that you can pass through. It has 5 baubles (three +10, two +5) for a total of +40 baubles. (Thanks Flikk)
3. Near the stump, a bit to the right, is a ledge with two green and two yellow baubles for a combined total of 30 baubles. (Thanks Codemite)
4. Right before the second checkpoint is a store. In front of the store you can dig for five green baubles (25 baubles in total). (Thanks Codemite)
5. In the pond right after the second checkpoint, dig in front of the first leaf thingie to reveal a purple bauble behind it containing +50 baubles.
6. The ground after the second checkpoint contains the entrance to the Queen Bee Dog room.in a corner.
Inside the room, directly across from the Queen Bee is the large tree. You can jump on the tree roots and then jump up via the leaves to get to a grassy area where you can dig for 5 baubles (3 green, 2 yellow) for a total of 35 baubles (thanks Nymphaea Supernus)
7. Also after the second checkpoint, if you go up in the canopy, you will remember this mushroom cap you used to backtrack to the higher canopy in the area between checkpoint 1 and 2 (also the secret spider area).
In that higher canopy is a big vertical trunk that you can pass through with six baubles at the top you can collect. Normally you would take the right path to get up top but this time take the left patch to jump to a ledge there.
On that ledge is a corner with an invisible wall. You can dig up a purple bauble there worth +50 baubles but you can’t grab it unless you use the whip.
8. Right after the third checkpoint, don’t jump down after passing through the checkpoint (if you do jump down, you can get up again via the two mushroom caps). There are 2 red baubles to dig for +40 baubles.
9. Right before the last checkpoint is an island to the left of it with a big tree. There is a dig spot between the tree and the wall that reward two red baubles worth +40 baubles in total (Gwikki)
10. The last checkpoint before the miniboss (cage) fight, you have to use the one time checkpoint boost to get up to the bouncy mushroom cap that will get you up to a ledge with five +10 baubles for +50 baubles. Don’t leave yet! On the same platform, there is another spot to dig for two more +10 baubles for +70 baubles in total! (thanks Talotaikuri)
11. For this one, you need to backtrack a bit back to shortcut wurm. Right after you exit the shortcut wurm, dig around the brown square on the ground for 2 baubles worth +10 each (+20 baubles)
World 1 Zone 3
1. Near the start of the zone is a group of five +5 baubles (+25 total) after a series of rather long jumps.
2. Right before the first checkpoint, take the wooden log up and cross six flowers to reach this ledge with 2 red baubles giving you +40 baubles.
3. Inside the maze that ends with the Queen Bee Dog (before checkpoint 1), there is a place to dig for 5 green baubles (+25 baubles total) not far from the entrance.
4. In the same maze, there is another spot with 5 baubles (+10 each) that give you +50 baubles in total. Orient yourself with respect to the Queen Bee and you can find it easily. Remember that you can scale the top of the maze from the back where the Queen Bee Dog is so navigate through the maze first. (thanks Fizzie Bamham)
5. Before the final checkpoint with the King Toad boss, there is a huge horizontal log high above the air. To the right of that log is a small platform that you can jump to. This is a highly difficult jump and you literally need to be on the edge of the log to make it. Digging on the platform give you two red baubles worth +40 baubles in total.
World 2 Zone 1
1. At the beginning of the series of three long wooden bridges, there is a pillar on the right you can jump on top of. Digging there will give you five +10 baubles for +50 baubles.
2. When you get to the second river with the crocodiles and turtles, instead of going up the ramp on the left, take a right. There is a dig spot there with three +10 baubles for a total of +30 baubles. Don’t leave yet as there is another dig spot right across the other side of the river.
3. Jump across the river to another digsite with 3 green baubles giving you +15 baubles total.
It can be a bit tricky to get back as you will need to use a bomb to disarm the crocodile and then make a long jump to the rock nearby to get up again.
4. Right before the last set of wooden bridges where you get ganged up by a bunch of mysterious strangers, there is a spot to the right you can jump down and dig for a single bauble worth 50 baubles.