SWTOR Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion starter guide
A guide to the various new missions and activities introduced with SWTOR Rise of the Hutt Cartel digital expansion.
- Makeb Missions guide (separate page)
- Macrobinoculars/Seeker Droids guide (separate page)
- GSI dallies guide (separate page)
- Operation loot tables in 2.0 (separate page)
- Makeb world boss Golden Fury guide (separate page)
- Hardmode flashpoint guides for Athiss, Cademimu, Hammer Station, and Mandalorian Raiders
What to do before the midnight launch of the expansion
- Stock up on experience boosts – major or minor. These boosts (25% experience bonus) will give you about 0.5 to 0.75 of a level more. Three major (lasts 9 hrs) should be plenty.
- It is not a bad idea to do some dallies/weeklies and then turn them in once the servers are up. If all goes well, the servers will be up about 5 hrs before the weekly reset. Ilum/Belsavis/Black Hole dallies are all staying L50 but Section X is boosted to L52 daily area. It is unknown if the Section X dallies will get reset due to this.
- Gear up/Respec – Black Hole/Campaign gear will be fine for Makeb content. Dread Guard is more than enough. If you are still in Rakata/Columi you might have some trouble later on. Healers have an easier time but kills a bit slower. AoE specs are great as Makeb mobs often come in large groups.
- Get rid of extra comms
- Planetary commendation cap: 100 (this includes the one time overflow limit). 100 planetary commendations will allow you to buy some L52 mods on Makeb. Remember that Tionese cystals will also get converted to planetary comms at a ratio of 2:1 (2 crystals for 1 comm).
- Classic Commendation cap: 800 (this includes the one time overflow limit). If you have lots of Black Hole commendations, spend them before the patch as the prices for the Campaign pieces you can purchase are more expensive than buying Black Hole armor + Campaign armoring pre-patch. Remember the best gear you can buy with Classic Commendations is Campaign so if you don’t need those then buy stuff with comms and sell them back to vendors for credits.
- Form premade groups with friends – questing is a lot faster with other players.
- Guide to all Makeb missions with spawn maps of various items and mobs that you need. These maps will come in handy when you have a ton of players all looking for the same objects.
- Makeb has an instanced world/operation boss with weekly lockout. – Golden Fury
- Makeb Datacrons: +10 Endurance and +10 Presence. Presence takes maybe 5-10 minutes to get but the endurance one can take an hour or more. Get them when you are L55.
+10 Presence (easy)
Macrobinoculars and Seeker Droids
- Seeker Droids and Macrobinoular questline can be started at L52 but it is not advised to not to do them until you are finished with the Makeb storyline as they take a huge amount of time to do and it can inefficient if you are looking to level to 55.
- On the Empire side, they can be picked up from T4-M7 and Z1-3C in the Sith Sanctum on Dromund Kaas
- On the Republic side, they can be picked up from M3-8Z and BB-6G in the Senate Plaza on Coruscant.
- Make sure to do all the macrobinocular and seeker droid missions together as they require to travel to the same planets.
- Guide to all Macrobinocular and Seeker Droid missions
- Can be picked up as soon as you receive the macrobinoculars and seeker droids from Dromund Kaas/Coruscant. GSI dallies on Makeb are easy and quick to do. Might be a good idea to pick them up (from GSI terminals located on the first island you arrived on Makeb) as you level.
- Guide to all GSI dallies
Gearing up at L55
- Running the four L55 hardmode flashpoints (Athiss, Hammer Station, Cademimu, and Mandalorian Raiders) will give you random Black Market pieces which have no set bonus but can be stripped for mods and enhancements.
- Running storymode TFB and Scum and Villainy will grant you most of the Arkanian pieces.
- Running hardmode TFB and Scum and Villainy will grant you Underworld pieces.
- Basic Commendations can be used to purchase Arkanian relics and some gear slightly better than the Dread Guard stuff.
- Elite Commendations can be used to purchase Black Market pieces (no set bonus)
- Ultimate Commendations can be used to purchase Verpine pieces (no set bonus).
- Here is a loot table for operations drops in 2.0.