SWTOR The Writhing Horror Nightmare TFB guide
A guide to defeating The Writhing Horror in SWTOR Nightmare Terror from Beyond (TFB) operation.
General information & Video
- HP: 3.1 million on 8m
- Enrage: 5 minutes
- Loot: 1x Kell Dragon Bracers, 1 random Shadowed item (L75 stuff without set bonus), 8 Elite Commendations, 6 Ultimate Commendations, 1 Mass Manipulation Generator, 1 Exotic Element Equalizer on 8m.
Main Differences from Hardmode
1) Increased damage: As one could reasonably expect in Nightmare mode, all of attacks from The Writhing Horror deals increased damage but it isn’t that noticeable if you are in full 72s.
- Angry Spittle, the AoE attack that the boss deals to the raid when he burrows to another location, have its damaged increased from ~ 3.3k to ~ 7k
- Corrosive Slime, the cleansable DoT you can cleanse off players to leave a yellow circle on the ground now ticks for ~6k damage every 3 seconds if not removed. On hardmode this ticks for only about ~4k every 3 seconds.
- The DoT ticks harder than the circle so make sure to remove the DoT ASAP as players can stand inside the yellow circle if needed.
2) Corrosive Slime more frequent: The DoT seems to go out a lot more often, requiring healers to keep an eye on the operation frame and cleanse a bit more often.
3) Writhing Horror burrows out randomly: In hardmode, The Writhing Horror burrows out in a specific pattern around the room but on nightmare mode this is totally random.
Reminder of Hardmode mechanics
If you are not familiar with the hardmode mechanics, here is a quick brush up for you. For a more detailed guide, please consult this guide.
- Burrowing: The Writhing Horror will burrow underground and then emerge above ground. Tanks will need to leap/charge the boss ASAP when this happens as The Withering Horror throws out Angry Spittle AoE to the raid.
- Jealous Male and Foul Offspring: This is a time based mechanic where a Jealous Male will spawn and the main tank will need to swap to grab this add in order to remove his Incubation debuff from the boss. Doing so will also spawn Foul Offspring based on the stacks of the Incubation debuff. One ranged DPS or healer will need to stand in the red pool to attract the Foul Offsprings.
- Corrosive Slime is a DoT thrown to random raid members. Cleansing this DoT will leave a yellow circle on the ground that other players will need to avoid.
- At around 10-15%, Twisted Spawns will spawn as an added pressure to the fight. Tank these adds but your main priority is to finish off the boss.