A guide to the GW2 Dragon Ball mini game introduced with the Dragon Bash Festival.
To play Dragon Ball, talk to Finolla in Trader’s Forum area of Lion’s Arch to enter this 5v5 PvP minigame.
How to play
- All players receive a speed buff and there are no falling damage. When you take damage, you do not regen health over time and must collect health orbs (blue) to heal up.
- You start off with just one skill and must collect power ups (orange orbs) to gain additional abilities. These orbs are specific and only grant you with certain skills (see table below).
- The team that scores 500 points win. You only gain points by defeating enemy opponents (20 points per kill)
- Each match can be expected to last between 7 to 10 minutes.
- Use the bouncy pads to move around. These pads are directional (i.e. it will bounce in the direction you are moving) and if you dodge roll onto these pads they will bounce you up further.
|1||Dragon Sphere/Super Dragon Sphere||Default attack/Attack with increased range and speed|
|2||Dragon Bomb||Targeted AoE skill|
|3||Icy Dragon Trap||Place an Icy Dragon Trap that chill foes for 15 seconds.|
|4||Dragon Kick||Perform a flying kick at your target, dazing them and dealing damage|
|5||Dragon Stomp||Whirlwind shield that reflect incoming Dragon spheres|
Power Ups are located in specific locations on the map.
Since there are roughly three vertical levels to this map, it is divided into top, middle and bottom. If you take a cross section of the map, this becomes more clear. Any power ups located on top of the tunnel or on the planks above are classified as top. Any power ups located inside the tunnel are classified as middle and any power ups on near the water level are classified as bottom.
#: On the very bottom level of the map smack in the middle is the Dragon Damage power up (marked as #). Consuming this power up will grant you 60 damage per attack instead of 15 damage for a few seconds. In the same location but on the top level is the power up that will grant you invisibility.
1: These are Super Dragon Spheres with increased ranged and faster hits compared to the normal Dragon Spheres. You can find them in four corners of the map inside the tunnels usually next to the jump pad.
2: Dragon Bombs are located on the top level above the tunnels. Much like the Super Dragon Spheres, they are also located on the four sections of the room.
3: These power ups for the Icy Dragon Trap are located between the two tunnel entrances on either side of the map.
4&5: These orbs are located in roughly the same location but #4 is located on top of the tunnels while #5 (Dragon Stomp) is inside the tunnels.
- Winning team receives a Dragon Coffer, which have a rare chance to contain a Dragon’s Jade Claim Ticket for a Dragon’s Jade weapon.
- Losing team will receive some Zhaitaffy.
- In addition, the achievement Dragon Ball Devotee requires you to play 20 matches of Dragon Ball for completion while the achievement Dragon Ball Boss requires you to win 20 matches of Dragon Ball.