A guide to GW2 Support Token acquisition and usage in supporting the candidates for the Cuttroat Politics patch.
You will receive the Support Tokens (Account Bound) via a variety of means
- You receive two Support Tokens in the mail when you login as an introduction.
- You can purchase them for 14 silvers each or 10 for 1 gold from the merchant in the middle of Zephyr Sanctum.
- You will also receive Support Tokens as rewards for participating in various activities that are part of the patch (Candidate Trials, Southsun Survival, Aspect Arena)
- Support Tokens can also be acquired via slaying mobs, in dungeons, and in WvW
You can deposit Support Tokens in vote baskets in the middle of Zephyr Sanctum to support either Evon Gnashblade or Kiel.
- Voting for Evon will reduce the price of Black Lion keys for four weeks, research of the new Fall of Abaddon fractal and offer up a weekly rotation of Southsun Survival, Sanctum Sprint, Keg Brawl and Crab Toss.
- Voting for Kiel will reduce waypoint costs for four weeks, research of the new Thumanovreactor explosion fractal and offer up a weekly rotation of Southsun Survival, Sanctum Sprint, Keg Brawl and Crab Toss.
- Both will also open up a round of minigames for players to play in: Crab Toss, Southsun Survival etc.
- The Zephyrites will stop accepting Support Tokens on August 5 at 11AM PST in order to start counting them up. Be sure to turn in your Tokens before then!
Depositing the Support Tokens in the baskets will earn you Representation Buttons (1:1 exchange) for each of the candidates
- Representation Buttons are account bound consumables. You can have more than one in your inventory so be sure to stock up to ensure you never run out of the buff.
- Once used, the buttons will have an icon hover over you that shows who you are supporting and you also get a buff (lasts 1 hr) where you can complete tasks to garner support for that particular candidate.