SWTOR: Germany Gamescom Cantina Tour files
The latest Cantina Tour happened in Germany around the Gamescom area and here are the files from the thumbdrive, including concept arts for new Dewback mounts. Special thanks to Markus/Flup and German fansite Jedipedia.net for sending in these images!
Screenshots from Oricon, the new planet in Patch 2.4.
Concept arts of some upcoming and existing Cartel Market items (including new Dewback mounts!)
High res image of the F5-SC Battle droid from Refer a Friend rewards
Lastly, Makrin Pet coming to Cartel Market
Summary of Q&A (provided by Azod Sawave of TOFN)
- Chest farming on Makeb is not considered an exploit.
- Hardmode and NiM Lockouts wont have different lockouts anytime soon, but they are "working on it"
- Czerka-198 is not instanced, so you can meet other people and the place feels more like in an MMO.
- Cartel Market stuff comes out so frequently, because its alot easier to make than "playable" content. The people working on the Cartel Market are far, far less, than the people working on flashpoints/operations etc.
- The SSPP (Super Secret Space Project) is awesome
- No new classes or AC. They’d rather extend current AC.
- They rather do planetary story arcs, than class stories, because the group experience is better, when playing through them (like on Makeb)
- No combination of space and ground missions, because the technical problems to overcome.
- There wont be any non "normal sized", non basic speaking playable species (i.e. no playable Jawas)
- Removed gear, like Tionese, Columni and Rakata, probably won’t have a return, but "never say never"
- Open databases of the game for third party websites? They want to do it, but dont know when they will have the time for it.
- Weird stats on some gear (like alacrity on tank stuff), to encourage people to min/max their gear.
- The reason why there is not as much PvP content as PvE content is, that PvE allways need new content to clear, while PvPers are generally happy, "as long as there is someone to kill".
- They are aware of class balance issues, especially in PvP, but want to wait until 2.4 goes live, before they start tweaking. Don’t expect changes before patch 2.5-2.6.
- There won’t be changes to elevators, so you still have wait for them.
- There will be PvP gear, that can only be aquired, when you have a certain PvP rating. As far as I understood, they are not only cosmetic.
- No official PvP leaderboards at first.
- "The removal of RWZs was a very, very, very hard decision."
They think, that people who like competitive PvP are both interrested in RAs and RWZs. They felt, that not enough people were playing them and now want to introduce RAs as the place for competitive PvP in SWTOR.
The reason not to keep RWZs is, that they think, that with two seperate rated queues, both will be too starved, so both RWZs and RAs pops will be too rare. However, the chances that RWZs will return are quite high, when they see, that the RA queue is used alot.
Once again, special thanks to Markus Larisch/Flup from Germany, Azod Sawave on ToFN, and German fansite jedipedia.net who sent these screenshots/Q&A stuff to me!
Are you going to the Seattle Cantina Tour on Aug 31? I would love to have the cantina tour thumbdrive images from you! You can submit them to me via email!