GW2 Tequatl boss achievements guide
GW2 Tequatl boss achievements guide showing you how to get all 10 achievements for Tequatl under Bosses category.
Meta achievement: Tequatl the Sunless – 50 pts
- Complete all 10 of the follow achievements
- Reward: Title – The Sunbringer
Achievements obtainable without a Tequatl kill
These achievements can be obtained without having to kill Tequatl
Stay Dry, Stay Alive – HIDDEN ACHIEVEMENT
This is a hidden achievement, you cannot see it under your achievement window. You must fail the Battery & Megalaser event to cause a massive Tidal Wave to wash over the entire shore. You must avoid this tidal wave by using the jump pads that are used to get to the batteries etc.(Screenshot courtesy of Ella).
- Recommended that you do this in an overflow that is going to fail the Tequatl fight anyways.
- This achievement does not count towards the meta.
I Found it! – 5 pts
- When you get Tequatl down to 75%, he will start summoning vortexes. If you get sucked into one of them, swim down and pretty soon in the dark water you will spot a Sunken Treasure. Make sure you have a heal or someone to revive you as you will take constant damage while under water.
Above the Waves – 10 pts
- Jump over Tequatl’s shock wave 10 times. Shockwaves are created whenever Tequatl stomps his feet on the ground. You will need to time your jump and jump before the shockwave hits you. Sometimes you can get 2 jumps out of a wave. Failure to jump or dodge over a shockwave can down you if your HP is too low.
Have a Seat and Pull the Trigger – 1 pt
- All you need to do is to get on a turret, you don’t even need to use it. This also works even if Tequatl event is not active.
Burning Light – 5 pts
- Fire the Megalaser at full strength
- Once Tequatl is down to 75% and you get to the event where you need to defend the Megalaser and the West, North, and East batteries, you must ensure that no batteries are dead to get this achievement.
Tail Flail – 5 pts
- Dodge Tequatl’s tail sweep – stand at Tequatl’s tail and just try to dodge his swipe. May take you a couple of tries (pic provided by Choppos)
- Tail sweep seems to occur same time as when Tequatl stomps to create his shockwaves – try time your dodge as the shockwave or shortly afterwards. Can also try swim in the water behind the tail and you may get it.
- Another animation you can watch for is when Tequatl’s butt goes forward a bit and then he shakes his butt. You can try dodge right away after that.
Flawless Defense – 10 pts
- Defeat Tequatl without allowing any of the hylek turrets to be destroyed (this achievement may trigger even if Tequatl is not killed as long as you make it past the timer with all six turrets intact from the beginning).
- There are six turrets overall, make sure all six are alive. You can pick up repair hammers from boxes nearby and repair them before they are destroyed.
Achievements requiring a Tequatl kill
These achievements can be obtained only if Tequatl is successfully killed.
Slaughter in the Swamp – 15 pts
- Kill Tequatl
Watch Your Step! – 5 pts
- Don’t get caught in any bloated creeper explosions
Quick on Your Feet – 5 pts
- Watch the ground carefully past 75% and if you see a water whirlpool forming on your feet, run or dodge out of it. Alternatively, you can probably stay away froim Tequatl (i.e. doing turrets) and be safe from it.
Power Play – 5 pts
- Make sure all 3 batteries stay alive during the defend the Megalaser & batteries event and kill Tequatl in the same attempt. Apparently you need to personally visit one battery at the 75% phase, another different battery at 50% and the third battery at the 25% phase. Once Tequatl is killed you will get the achievement.