A guide to defeating Nefra, Who Bars the Way, in Dread Fortress, one of the two new operations introduced with Patch 2.4. Nefra is the first boss players will encounter in this operation.
Loot: Unassembled Arkanian Implant/Bracers, 1 random piece of Black Market gear (no set bonus), 1x Exotic Element Equalizer, 4 Elite Commendations.
HP: 1.39 million (8m)
Recommended gear: Artifact gear or above. You may want to have some Black Market/Arkanian gear just to be safe.
Differences from hardmode
Identical mechanics to hardmode, the green DoT (Voice of the Masters) deals significantly less damage (325 per tick instead of over 2k damage per tick)
HP: 2.04 million (8m)
Loot: Unassembled Dread Forged Implant/Belt (rating 178), 1 random piece of Oriconian gear (rating 178, no set bonus), 1x Exotic Element Equalizer, 6 Ultimate Commendations, 8 Elite Commendations.
Recommended gear: Underworld/Verpine. Kell Dragon is more than sufficient.
Enrage timer: Unknown
- Tanks needs to stand together to share cleave damage
- Healers need to be assigned cleanse targets and cleanse green dots
- Avoid exploding droid adds.
1. Two tanks will need to stand together in front of Nefra to share and split the cleave damage from his Double Strike attack (which can obliterate a tank otherwise). If one of the tanks go down, a DPS (melee preferred with some survival cooldowns) will need to stand in their place until the tank can be resurrected. It is suggested that you tank Nefra by one of the pillars and have the raid scattered around Nefra’s back.
- Tip: One of the tanks can guard the other one to reduce damage taken.
2. Green Dots will go out periodically to the entire raid. DPS who can cleanse themselves should do so to allow healers to focus on other DPS/tanks. Due to the cooldown on cleanses, you will want to assign cleanse targets for each healer so there is no wasting of cleanses. This DoT is called Voice of the Masters (internal damage) and will tick for 2k damage per second until it is cleansed.
- Tip: Evasion works to remove this DoT as well for agents/smugglers.
3. Overloaded Assault Droid will run into a random raid member periodically and attempt to explode (explosion area is covered by the big red circle). Players who fail to move out of the circle will likely be killed. Tanks will need to pay attention and not fall asleep during this fight as these droids can run to the tanks and explode.
- Tip: A ranged DPS can try to grab aggro on the adds to prevent them running to the tanks.