SWTOR Oricon missions guide
A guide to SWTOR Oricon missions and dallies introduced with Patch 2.4.
Are you looking for bonus missions/lore objects?
Lead in Quest
It is best if you start on the fleet as otherwise if you start on Oricon you will be sent back to the fleet and waste some valuable time.
- On the Empire side find D5-F2, a droid for Oricon missions, on the north section of the fleet. Talking to the droid will start the mission A Master Revealed, which will lead you to Oricon. Reward is Artifact Gear Container which contains a random Artifact gear with 66 mods and 10476 credits (left pic)
- On the Republic side find D5-F2, a droid for Oricon missions, on the south section of the fleet. Talking to the droid will start the mission Days of Dread, which will lead you to Oricon. Reward is Artifact Gear Container which contains a random Artifact gear with 66 mods and 10476 credits (right pic)
If you have skipped the cutscene for this lead in quest, you can watch it here.
How do I get to Oricon?
Oricon can be reached in two ways. It is a level 55 planet and it is similar to Section X in size.
- Your personal starship –> Seat of the Empire –> Oricon
- Purchase the priority travel option under Character perks in your legacy menu.
There is an achievement called The Walking Dread (not The Walking Dead) for getting map exploration. The middle map is a picture I took right before I reached the last area (circled in red) for map completion. This should give you an idea of what is needed to explore and what will uncover by themselves when you have explored all the areas.
A note about Oricon missions
Oricon solo daily missions are not available until you complete the a short quest chain that ends before the [Heroic 2+]. If you wish to unlock the [Heroic 2+] daily, you will need to complete the [Heroic 2+] in the quest line as well. The dallies themselves are pretty much identical to the quests in the chain except some of them will ask you for fewer objectives.
Note that the [Weekly] quest will ask you to complete the [H2] and the [Area] quest.
Empire and Republic quest chain/dallies are pretty much identical except for one minor difference in the quest chain. Quest 3 and 4 in the chain are switched in order between Empire and Republic. Empire quest names will be denoted by [E], Republic quest names will be denoted by [R] and dallies will be denoted by [D].
|Empire [E]||Republic [R]||Dallies [D]|
|[Area] The Master’s Minions
||[Area] The Master’s Minions
If you have skipped cutscenes for the quest chain, you can watch them here all compiled together.
[AREA] The Master’s Minions/[AREA] Oricon Decimation
This is an area quest you get automatically when you travel outside the landing area. This area quest is a daily and requires you to kill 50 Dread Forces. It is called The Master’s Minions the first time you complete it and Oricon Decimation once you have done it at least once.
Story mission reward: Artifact Gear Container which contains a random Artifact gear with 66 mods, 5 Basic Commendations, 1x Corrupted Biosample, and 13620 credits.
2. [E]Gathering Forces/[R]Spark of Hope/[D]Fallen Forces
- Free Republic Survivors: 0/5
- To free the Republic survivors, you will need to interact with the Escape Pods that are scattered around in the designated area. Do this 5 times to complete the quest and return to Lord Hargrev.
- Story mission reward: 1x Corrupted Biosample, 5 Basic Commendations, 13620 credits, choice of two Artifact quality gloves, and 50 DS or LS points.
3. [E][R]Seeds of Dread/[D]Dread Engines
- Note: Empire players will do Seeds of Dread and then Scarred Paradise while Republic players have the opposite order.
- Destroy Terraforming Devices: 0/5 (0/3 for Daily)
- Disable the Primary Terraforming Device
- Defeat the Corrupted Elder Subteroth – Hits rather hard so bring a healer companion. Defeating it will reward you with Thunder from Down Under achievement under Dallies –> Oricon –> Daily Bosses
- Power Down the Terraforming Console
- Story mission reward: 1x Corrupted Biosample, 5 Basic Commendations, 13620 credits, choice of two Artifact quality Chests.
4. [E]Scarred Paradise/[R]Haunted Paradise/[D]False Paradise
- Obtain Bioenergy Enhancers: 0/10 (0/5 for daily) – For this portion of the quest you have to kill Dread Guard Beast Lords and Dread Guard Beast Lord Acolytes, only these enemies will drop the Bioenergy Enhancers that you need!
- Locate the Dark Energy Source – Using the Bioenergy Enhance on your mission log will give the entrance to a cavern.
- Enter the Rooted Depths
- Defeat the Corrupted Bothrium Beast: Killing him will reward you with the achievement Little Cave of Horrors under Dallies –> Oricon –> Daily Bosses
- Has a lifedrain ability called Extract which you must interrupt
- Also summon tentacles that will heal him if not killed quickly.
- Story mission reward: 1x Corrupted Biosample, 5 Basic Commendations, 13620 credits, choice of two Artifact quality boots, and 50 DS or LS points.
5. [E]The Hand That Sees/[R]Eye of Terror/[D]The Tower’s Core
- Travel to the Watchtower Steps
- Reach the Watchtower’s Control Room
- Disable the Core’s Defenses: There are 3 consoles in the room that you must interact. Interacting with each one spawn a small wave of mobs that you must defeat. You must interact with the two side consoles before interacting with the consoles in the very back.
- Access the Computer Core Controls
- Defeat Commander Zaoron, doing so will reward you with the achievement The Eye of Zaoron under Dallies –> Oricon –> Daily Bosses
- Commander Zaoron hits very hard and force chokes you from time to time. Bring a healer companion.
- Story mission reward: 1x Corrupted Biosample, 5 Basic Commendations, 13620 credits, choice of two Artifact quality legs
6. [HEROIC 2+] Clipping Winds/[HEROIC 2+] The Darkening Stars/[DAILY HEROIC 2+] Preemptive Strike
- Defeat Dread Host Commanders: 0/3 (0/2 for daily)
- Need to defeat named Champions that are in the area.
- Note: The map here shows the final destination of these Champions. They spawn elsewhere and take a long walk to reach their final destination. Thus they have a chance to be killed on their walk. The map is incomplete.
- Sabotage Dread Host Transports: 0/5 (0/4 for daily) – You will need to get near the shuttle and click on the part at the top to throw a bomb.
- Story mission rewards: 17025 credits, 1x Dread Guard Cranial Scan, 10 Basic Commendations, 150 LS/DS points, choice of two Artifact quality helms.
- Daily Rewards: 13620 credits, 5 Basic Commendations, 1x Corrupted Biosample