SWTOR Dread Master Bestia Dread Palace operation guide
A guide to Dread Master Bestia, the first boss of Dread Palace operation introduced with SWTOR Patch 2.4.
Bestia is at the end of the pathway on bottom right entrance of the palace (Sanctuary of Dread).
Loot: Unassembled Arkanian Earpiece, 1 random piece of Black Market gear (no set bonus), 1x Exotic Element Equalizer, 4 Elite Commendations.
HP: 1.30 million (8m)
Recommended gear: Artifact gear or above. You may want to have some Black Market/Arkanian gear just to be safe.
Differences from hardmode
- Phase 1: Dread Tentacles do not have the one shot Spit attack and Dread Monsters do not buff each other if they get close.
- Phase 2/3: There is no tank swap debuff from Bestia and she does not buff Dread Monsters nearby.
Loot: Unassembled Dread Forged Earpiece/Bracers/Belt (rating 178), 1 random pieces of Oriconian gear (rating 178, no set bonus), 1x Exotic Element Equalizer, 6 Ultimate Commendations, 8 Elite Commendations.
Recommended gear: Underworld/Verpine. Kell Dragon is more than sufficient.
HP: 2.05 million (8m)
Enrage timer: Unknown
Dread Master Bestia won’t aggro you unless you attack her first so you can stand next to her. She won’t come down engage you until phase 2 so phase 1 is just dealing with her adds. Bestia will come down and activate phase 2 once you have killed 4 Dread Monsters or it be based on a timer. Be sure to kill the Tentacles first since if you leave them up when Bestia becomes active they can explode and kill some raid members.
a) Dread Tentacle
- Will randomly target someone (announced in red text) and cast an attack called Spit. If you do not interrupt this Spit attack, the tentacle will one shot whoever it was targeting. The cast is 8s so should give you plenty of time to interrupt it. Kill these tentacles first if possible so you don’t have to worry about missed interrupts.
b) Dread larva
- Cast an AoE attack called Expectorate that hits for ~6.5k damage to the raid. These guys should be killed next after the tentacles.
c) Dread Monster
- These guys have a bit more HP and also buff each other if they get close (they have the “enraged” graphic when this buff is active). Raid will need to split these guys apart and also keep them away from Bestia in phase 2.
Dread Master Bestia will come down in Phase 2. Phase 2 continues until Bestia reaches 50%, at which point she will cast Gathering Forces and start phase 3.
She has a couple of abilities you need to beware of
- Stacking debuff on tanks. Tank should swap generally at 4 stacks but sometimes we let the tanks get to 8 stacks. If you have more than 5 stacks of this debuff and Bestia uses her Dread Strike (channeled attack) on you, you will take a ton of damage.
- Combusting Seed. Red circle placed on a random raid member. This circle moves with you and will explode shortly dealing around 18k damage so move away from the raid when you get it. You will want to be topped off and/or bubbled if you get this circle. There is also a debuff icon that ticks down so healers can tell easily who has the red circle.
- When you get this circle, you want to keep moving as much as possible as you can get the Dread Pool debuff at the same time which is also a red circle but doesn’t move with you.
- Dread Pool is a red pool placed under a random raid member. This pool ticks for ~12k damage per tick if you stand or move inside it. Normally this pool isn’t hard to spot/avoid but you can get this pool dropped on you at the same time you get the Combusting Seed circle so this makes it very hard to spot. Even if you do manage to spot the pool and move out of it in time, the explosion from Combusting Seed circle can kill you.
Phase 3 is just a combination of phase 1 and phase 2. Bestia will use all of her abilities from phase 2 and summon adds from phase 1 (she will also say My pets are legion! Behold!)
Bestia will buff any Dread Monsters near her so tank them away from her.