SWTOR Dread Master Tyrans Dread Palace operation guide
A guide to Dread Master Tyrans, the second boss of Dread Palace operation introduced with SWTOR Patch 2.4.
Tyrans is at the end of the pathway on bottom left entrance of the palace (Sanctuary of Stratagems)
Loot: Unassembled Arkanian Gloves, 1 random piece of Black Market gear (no set bonus), 1x Exotic Element Equalizer, 4 Elite Commendations.
HP: 2.15 million (8m)
Recommended gear: Artifact gear or above. You may want to have some Black Market/Arkanian gear just to be safe.
Differences from hardmode
- Simplification only hits 2 targets instead of 4 on hardmode
- Inferno is a red circle dropped under a single player instead of a debuff on 3-4 players.
- Affliction DoT from Tyrans can be cleansed.
Loot: Unassembled Dread Forged Relic (rating 178), 1 random pieces of Oriconian gear (rating 178, no set bonus), 1x Exotic Element Equalizer, 6 Ultimate Commendations, 8 Elite Commendations.
Recommended gear: Underworld/Verpine. Kell Dragon is more than sufficient.
HP: 2.92 million (8m)
Enrage timer: Unknown
1. Thundering Blast, a frontal blast that hits players for 20-25k damage. Turn boss away from raid.
2. Simplification – Three successive circles will be placed on the main tank (tank swap) and two random raid members. This circle gradually get smaller and destroy the tile the player was standing on.
3. Inferno – a red debuff placed on 3-4 random raid members after Simplification. When this debuff ends a red fire is placed on the player’s location.
4. Affliction – A green DoT placed on 2 random raid members, cannot be cleansed and ticks for 5.5k dmg every 3 seconds.
To deal with the Simplification and Inferno mechanic, our raid group starts the fight on the left side and then gradually move to the right. Tanks/melee DPS will be dropping the red circles from Simplification on the tile that Tyrans was standing or tiles nearby while the ranged DPS/healer drops them on the tiles on the sides (i.e.near entrance/back). For the fire from Inferno you just need to drop them in a place that doesn’t block other players since it only lasts for 10s.
- If you fall off you will take fall damage and there is a transporter at the top you can use to get back up.
Thundering Blast is the main attack of Tyrans. You have to turn him away from the raid so that when he casts this attack, the blast doesn’t damage anyone since it is a frontal attack. What kills a lot of our DPS in the video is that the tanks let Thundering Blast hit one of the DPS, which doesn’t kill them but the affliction DoT they have on them tend to finish them off. The Thundering Blast attack can deal ~20k –25k damage to players.
Simplification is an ability casted by Tyrans that put red circles on the main tank and two other random raid members one at a time. This circle gradually get smaller and when it reaches the smallest size it will turn the tile that the player is standing on red. This tile will soon break off and anyone standing on top of it will fall off.
- The red circle will always be on the main tank first. This requires a tank swap so the tank can drop the circle off. We usually have the tank move Tyrans one tile over and then have the tank with the circle stand in the previous tile to break it off.
Inferno usually follows Simplification, it puts a debuff icon on four random players that will cause them to drop a red fire on their position when the debuff expires. Each debuff have a different duration so those with shorter debuffs need to becareful to not block off players with longer debuffs if they are dropping circles in the same general area. The fire from Inferno only lasts for 10 seconds.
Last but not least, Tyrans will put two Affliction DoTs on random players. This DoT cannot be cleansed and ticks for ~5.5k damage every 3 seconds. The DoT itself isn’t lethal can kill someone off if they are low on health.