GW2 Tower of Nightmares achievement guide showing you how to get all the achievements under Tower of Nightmares category of Living World introduced with October 29 patch.
Daily: Toxic Field Researcher (October 30-31 daily)
If you are trying to do this daily to finish up the meta, note that you need to gather from 20 toxic seedlings. It doesn’t matter if the toxic seedling you harvested yielded 5 spore samples or no spore samples, they all count as 1. The fastest way to do this is to look for toxic seedling patches. These patches are in addition to the toxic seedling you get after you have finished an offshoot event and they can be found randomly on the map (look at your minimap and look for gathering symbols, sometimes they can be found near toxic offshoots). Each of the patch usually have about 5 toxic seedlings so you only need to find 4 patches in total to finish it up (I found most of the patches in Kessex Hills but they could be in other maps with the toxic offshoots too).
Meta: Tower of Nightmares – 25 pts
- Doing the achievements under Tower of Nightmares will grant you 11/14 towards this meta achievement. You will need to do 3 dallies to get the 14/14 achievements required for the meta completion.
- Reward is a Krait Obelisk Shard which can be used once per character at your home instance to gain a skill point.
The Nightmare Unveiled – 3 pts
- This is an achievement you get by participating the solo instance The Nightmare Unveiled. If you are level 25+, you should enter this instance automatically when you port over to Kessex Hills. If you are under level 25, then you will need to speak to Marjory at NW section of Kessex Hills manually to enter the instance.
Toxic Krait Historian – 10 pts
- You will need to locate 24 Krait Obelisks that are located in a couple maps. There is a full guide here with their locations.
Toxic Alliance Slayer – 5 pts
- Kill 100 kraits or members of the Toxic Alliance. This one should be easy to get when you do the Toxic Offshoot achievements so there is no need to grind this achievement.
Toxic Weed Whacker – 5 pts
- You need to destroy 25 Toxic Offshoots. These Toxic Offshoots are marked on your map as orange flower icons. You can find them in Kessex Hills, Caledon Forest, Brisban Wildlands, Queensdale, Gendarran Fields, and Eternal Battlegrounds but usually Kessex Hils is more popular since the Toxic Offshoots respawn faster there. Near each Toxic Offshoot is an event to destroy it and which event is there is important for the next set of 3 achievements.
Toxic Siege Gardener/Toxic Demolitionist Gardener/Toxic Golem Gardener – 1 pt each
- These three achievements all require you to destroy Toxic Offshoots in three different types of events. You need to do each type of event 3 times to get the achievement for each. Which type of event is at a Toxic Offshoot location is purely random but if you complete Toxic Weed Whacker then you should complete all three of these achievements pretty easy.
- For Toxic Siege Gardener you to participate in [Group event] Defend the Vigil siege engineers as they attack the toxic offshoot. This is just a simple defend event where you kill waves of kraits.
- For Toxic Demolitionist Gardener you need to participate in [Group event] Use the powder kegs to destroyt the toxic offshoot. The event requires you to manually use the powered kegs to place them under the offshoot to damage it. There are usually 3 kegs around the area. They are marked on the map and you can also spot them by holding down the ctrl key.
- Finally for Toxic Golem Gardener you need to participate in [Group event] Escort the Vigil Siegemaster to the toxic offshoot. This event is a bit rare compare to the other two types.
Toxic Spore Sampler – 5 pts
- For this achievement, you will need to give Marjory 50 Pristine Toxic Spore samples. These samples can be obtained by gathering from the Toxic Seedling that spawns after you have destroyed a Toxic Offshoot. Each gather yield 3-5 samples. Alternatively, you can purchase those on the Trading Post (just search for spore).
- Once you have completed this achievement, Marjory will open up as a merchant and sell you recipes in exchange for more spores and gold.
Toxic Global Gardener – 5 pts
- Destroy Toxic Offshoots in 5 different maps (if you have a hard time remembering which map you killed the offshoots in, follow this list from top to bottom).
- Kessex Hills
- Caledon Forest
- Brisban Wildlands
- Gendarran Fields.
Toxic Spore Cleanser – 5 pts
- Important note about the Toxic Corruption buff: This buff does not occur on every champion/veteran. There is a % chance for them to get it. Some vets/champions may not get this buff immediately when they spawn so you may have to wait anywhere fro 10s to 2 minutes for them to get this buff. Do not attack and kill them immediately. Wait a bit to see if they get the buff. If they don’t get the buff after 2 minutes then kill them.
- You need to kill 25 champions and veterans with the Toxic Corruption buff. The ones that spawn during the Toxic Offshoot rarely have this buff so you will need to camp this achievement separately.
- However, this achievement can be completed in any zone with champions/vets so you don’t have to restrict yourself to Kessex Hills and surrounding areas.
- It appears that only champions/veterans that spawn with events can have a chance to have this buff
- You can try the Scarlet Invasions but your experience may vary. Some players got their achievements really fast via the invasions but other people (myself included) find it to be a waste of time as there were only 2-3 mobs with the buff for the entire 45 minutes of the invasion.
- You can also do the Queensdale champion train to get this achievement as well (Frostgorge Sound champion train does not work well for this).
- A third method to get this achievement is via camping the 3 Champions that spawn in Kessex Hills. Each of them have their own event called Defeat the Toxic Alliance Champion.
- They spawn near Overlord Waypoint, Meadow Waypoint, and Auld Red Wharf POI. What people do is camp near Auld Red Wharf POI since the two other waypoints are contested when these champions spawn so you can easily tell when they have spawned (the waypoint near Auld Red Wharf POI does not get contested).
- There is only a chance for them to have the Toxic Corruption buff. This means that not every champion kill will grant you a tick towards the achievement. Only the ones with the buff (see pic above) will count towards it.
Krait Bane – 10 pts
- You need to kill the Krait Witches that spawn in Kessex Hills, Timberline Falls, and Caledon Forest.
- Kessex Hills and Timberline Falls ones are on a timer while the one in Caledon Forest require you to do pre-events to spawn her in addition to a timer.
- Kessex Hills witch is located next to the Lair of the Seawitch POI. To get to her cave, swim towards the tower and once you are at the vista, you will find a tunnel that leads to her cave. She will pop up once [Group event] Stop the Blood Witch occurs. This event is based on a timer.
- Timberline Falls witch is located on the very top of the krait tower near the vista. She will spawn once [Group event] Kill the krait witch occurs. This event is also based on a timer.
- Caledon Forest one is located on the shares of Ventry Bay. Unlike the previous two witches, her group event is based on a timer and have pre-events you must complete to trigger it. Her event is [Group event] Locate and kill the transformed krait witch. To start the pre-event, you will need to open a Mysterious Chest to free Patli. Wait at the pre-event location indicated on the map and interact with the chest once it appears. Doing so will trigger the events you must complete and then escort Patli back to the Hylek village to spawn the Krait witch.
- Return transformed hylek to their true form
- Escort Patli back to the Zopatl Grounds
- Locate and kill the transformed krait witch