GW2’s upcoming patch, titled Fractured, will be released on Nov 26. Here are the details pertaining to the patch, which includes three new fractals and a FoTM level reset for those above level 30.
Ellen Kiel, who recently earned a seat on the Captain’s Council of Lion’s Arch after a cutthroat campaign, has made good on her promises to her supporters! By sponsoring research in the Fractals of the Mists, Kiel has opened up a momentous event from Tyria’s recent history, the Thaumanova Reactor meltdown, for exploration!
INSIDE THE REACTOR
Head through the Fractals asura gate near Fort Marriner in Lion’s Arch (right next to the
Consortium Gift Shop) to meet up with Kiel for a special story instance of the new Thaumanova Reactor Fractal. Experience the explosion of the reactor first-hand and discover its mysteries!
THE NIGHTMARE CONTINUES
The Tower of Nightmares is heading towards its collapse, but the fight isn’t over yet! Join in the fight against the vile Toxic Alliance and destroy the foul structure. Bring it to ruin before its evil spreads any further! Learn more.
DEVELOPER LIVESTREAM – NOVEMBER 27
Take an inside look at the Fractured release with ArenaNet devs during a livestream on our Twitch channel on Wednesday, November 27, at 12PM PST.
Fractal Reward Updates
The Fractals of the Mists are becoming more rewarding! As a daily fractal reward, you’ll not only be earning Empyreal Fragments, Fractal Relics, and Pristine Fractal Relics at all levels, you’ll also earn a gold or more! Learn more.
A new, infinite tonic with the ability to transform you into any number of friends and foes from within the Mists, the Fractal Tonic is a rare reward found within the Fractals of the Mists.
New Runes and Sigils
Those braving the dangers of the most difficult fractals will find that their bravery is well-rewarded by a chance at brand-new sigils and runes to adorn their gear!
- Three Fractals: In addition to illuminating the strange circumstances of the Thaumanova Reactor meltdown, players can experience two more historical events thanks to further Fractals research. The Molten Furnace Fractal allows players to relive the daring raids on the Molten Alliance facilities, while the treacherous Aetherblade Fractal has players infiltrating the Aetherblade’s old base of villainy.
- Two Boss Fractals: The Jade Maw of the Solid Ocean Fractal is no longer the only challenge awaiting players when they make it to the end of each set of three fractals. Special boss encounters with the Aetherblade captain Mai Trin and the two Molten Alliance champions from the Molten Facility have been added to the rotation.
- Agony Resist Updates: Developers are evolving the way Agony Resistance works on items, so players will now be able to collect drops granting Agony Resistance and combine those to continually increase their level of Agony Resistance.
- Fractals of the Mists Leaderboards: Players soon will be able to earn the envy and adulation of friends and strangers thanks to new leaderboards. Players whose current personal reward level for the Fractals of the Mists is above 30 will be reset to 30 so the competition can begin in earnest.
- Fractal Progression Changes: The difficulty curve in fractals levels 1-30 is being adjusted, and fractals beyond level 30 will have new, special challenges. Every fractal players enter with a fractal level above 30 will have a special Mistlock Instability which will add new difficulties to that level or change how it is played.
- Obsidian Sanctum Update: Players will now be able to enter the Obsidian Sanctum, the Eternal Battlegrounds jumping puzzle, directly through the WvW menu. Additionally, a new arena space has been added for combat between opposing groups of players, and the Borderlands Bloodlust buff will no longer apply in the Obsidian Sanctum.