Due to the overwhelming negative player feedback on Flamekissed armor, which uses the human light cultural T3 armor skin, Arenanet have decided to pull the Flamekissed armor from the gemstore and update it with new graphics soon.
Hey, everyone. We’ve been reading all your feedback about the Flamekissed Armor Skin that was released into the Gem Store yesterday.
Although the Flamekissed Armor uses the same mesh as the Tier 3 Human Cultural Armor, it was not our intention to create an armor skin that so closely matched the existing Tier 3 Human Cultural armor set. The intention was to use the mesh as a basis for creating an armor set that stands apart and is distinct in appearance. However, after reading your feedback, we agree that the Flamekissed armor is not visually distinct enough from Human Cultural Tier 3 armor.
We will do a few things to address this issue.
- We will temporarily remove Flamekissed Armor Skin from the Gem Store.
- Players who have purchased Flamekissed Armor Skin will keep the skin.
- We will make new art for the Flamekissed Armor Skin that achieves our goal of making a visually distinct and attractive armor set and does not closely resemble the Human Tier 3 Cultural armor.
- Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art. We will also offer the Flamekissed Armor Skin for sale again at that time.
- When we update the Flamekissed Armor Skins with the new artwork, any player that has already purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support.
Note that there is no ETA on when this change will happen. We need to work with the Character Art Team to determine when we can have a new armor skin ready, and this could take some time.
Thank you everyone for providing your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how you feel about the new armor set.