An achievement guide to the GW2 Triple Trouble set of boss achievements for the Great Jungle Wurm.
Escort specific achievements
The achievements here are only available for a small timeframe during the escort. If you miss it then you will need to wait for another 2 hrs for another escort.
Wurm Bait – Amber Escort – 5 pts
Near the end of the Amber Escort (right most escort) is a Plagued Carrier Abomination with a yellow icon on top of his head. Kill him and then run to his corpse quickly so you can get the Wurm Attractant buff from the puddle that spawns from his corpse. This will grant you the Wurm Bait achievement.
Phytotoxin Enthusiast – Crimson Escort – 5 pts
Close to the end of the Crimson Escort is a Phytotoxin cloud that you need to run up and grab the buff from it. This cloud only appear for a few seconds so you need to run to it immediately before all the buffs are taken.
Wurm Kleptomaniac – Cobalt Escort – 5 pts
During the Cobalt Escort you will need to swim for a bit to get to an island in the middle of the ocean. On top of that island is a Shipwrecked Pirate with several bottles of rum around him. To get this Wurm Kleptomaniac achievement, you will need to interfact with the bottles of rum by pressing F.
Wurm fight achievements
The achievements here are specific to the individual wurm fights except for Wurm Egg Scambler
Wurm Egg Scambler – 15 pts
- Kill 30 great jungle wurm eggs before the larvae hatch
- Fairly easy achievement and you will get it as long you focus on the wurm eggs. Wurm eggs can be found both in escort events and during the actual wurm fight
Wurm Barf – 5 pts – Amber Wurm
- Get regurgitated by the amber great jungle wurm
- This achievement should be easy to get as it is part of the Anber Wurm fight. You need to attack the Plague Carrier Abomination with a yellow icon on his head. Killing him will yield a whiteish puddle that you need to run into to get the Wurm Attractant buff. Once this happens, run to where the Amber Wurm was and you will see a red arrow.
- Stay near the red arrow and apply stability so you don’t get knocked off by husks and miss your chance to get sucked in. Once you are inside the wurm stomach, turn around and on the ground you will see a skeleton called Unfortunate Adventurer. Grab his harpoon and use it on the Pyloric Valve to burst it down. Once the valve is down, everyone will get spit out and get the achievement.
Wurm Phytotoxin Collector – 5 pts – Crimson Wurm
- Collect each of the 3 colored phytotoxins around the crimson great jungle wurm.
- All you need to do during the Crimson Wurm fight is run around and hit each of the three colored Phytotoxin clouds: Blue, Red, and Yellow. You don’t even need to deposit them into the phytotoxin collectors for this achievement.
Wurm Demolitionist – 5 pts – Cobalt Wurm
- Place 30 powder kegs at the base of the cobalt great jungle wurm
- Unlike the previous two achievements which can be completed in just one fight, this one may require you to do the Cobalt Wurm a couple times. You need to grab the powder kegs from their locations marked on the map and drop it near the Cobalt Wurm in the location indicated by the red arrow. If there are already 20 kegs placed there, yours may not count.
Wurm Hurdler – 10 pts
- Avoid getting hit by any of the great jungle wurm’s spin attacks. This attack has a fairly obvious yellow telegraph and as long you don’t stay near the Wurm when he is immune to damage you should able to avoid it. Otherwise dodge out of it.
- You can get this achievement even if you fail the event, as long you don’t get hit.
Achievements that requires Wurm decapitation or kill
There is a difference between decapitation and kill for this fight. Once you bring a Wurm down, it is decapitated and turns into a Wurm head. If you then bring that Wurm head down under the time limit, you have killed this Wurm.
Wurm Decapitator – 5 pts
- Decapitate 3 heads of the great jungle wurm in Bloodtide Coast
- You need to personally participate in the fight of Cobalt, Amber and Crimson Wurms and get them down such that they wurn into Wurm heads. You do not need to do this all in one event.
Wurmslayer – 10 pts
- Instead of just decapitating the Wurms, you now need to kill the Wurm heads that spawn. The Wurm heads only become attackable if all 3 Wurms are decapitated within 1 minute of each other (you have around 14 minutes to decapitate all 3 Wurms but if any of them is decapitated first, the timer immediately goes down to 1 minute).
- Once the Wurm heads become attackable, you have 2 minutes to kill them. You will need to personally participate in the fight that kills Amber, Crimson and Cobalt Wurm heads to get this achievement. Like Wurm Decapitator achievement, you do not need to do this all in one event.