A guide to the Edge of Mists achievements under Living World release.
1. Head to Lion’s Arch Fort Mariner section, go up the wall and enter the Lionguard jail. Inside you will find the sheriff you need to talk to briefly.
2. The Sheriff will tell you to head to Divinity’s Reach and find Marjory in Dead End’s Bar.
- Rox will show up near the end of the conversion so don’t zone out until you have talked to Rox.
3. After listening to their conversion, you will be directed to Edge of the Mists.
4. You will find Braham right at entrance to edge of Mists and after talking with him he will tell you to return to Marjory in Divinity’s Reach.
5. Inside the Dead End Bar, exam the holo recording and put the following choices when asked.
- Toxin sample: The courtiers grew the plant, and the krait made it toxic..
- Kiel’s Report on Dragon Bash attack: Scarlet wanted a pawn on the Captain’s Council
- Molten Alliance Drill: I think she was developing a sonic magical device other than weapons
- Aetherblade weapons: They know each other, but you’re wrong. It wasn’t a trap
- Watchwork fragment: To get the watchknights. Controlling them required her personal touch
- Component of Omadd’s Isolation Module: When Scarlet looked across the open threshold, she saw things..
- Steam Creature Wreckage: That the queen modeled her watchknight on the steam creatures.
- Cooling Rod: It all tracks back to the ley lines.
- Energy Probe: The probes are magical and spread out. She’s closing in on a magical location.
- Scarlet’s Journal: Something is dividing her – something she was afraid of..
When you done, Marjory will done a summary of everything and you will receive the achievement as well as Chest of the Mists, which give you some Liquid World experience, a WvW booster, and limited use finishers.
Find and enter an unstable Edge of the Mists portal. These Unstable Edge of the Mists portals seems to spawn in several locations around Tyria. Before they spawn, there is an event with Aetherblades you have to complete (Protect the Edge of the Mists portal from the Aetherblades) before the portals open up. The portal remains up for a few minutes and the event seems to reoccur every 20 minutes or so.
If the portal is up, there will be an icon on the map (looks like a WvW portal icon). Here is a list of waypoints to copy/paste into your chat window so you can quickly check which map has the portal/event.
[&BKQBAAA=] [&BMkBAAA=] [&BOQBAAA=][&BBcCAAA=][&BIQCAAA=]
Bloodtide Coast – Sorrowful Waypoint – [&BKQBAAA=]
Sparkfly Fen – Ocean’s Gullet Waypoint – [&BMkBAAA=]
Iron Marches – Old Piken Ruins Waypoint – [&BOQBAAA=]
Fireheart Rise – Pig Iron Waypoint – [&BBcCAAA=]
Frostforge Sound – Yak’s Bend Waypoint – [&BIQCAAA=]
Go back to Edge of the Mists map and near the entrance you will see Taimi. Talk to her and she will ask you to retrieve golem parts.
Tip: If your side controls the Altar objective in the Overgrowth area, you can make the next part easier by interacting with the altar and turning it into a Spirit of the Light, which make you immune to damage for 3 minutes.
You will need to reach the center of the Edge of Mists Part – The Juncture. The golem part is undernearth the center island so you will need to take one of the side paths once you reach the center island
There is a good chance you will get ganked here but you only need to retrieve the golem part and can die/jump off after (Jump off for a hidden achievement).
Return to Taimi after you have retrieve the golem parts to get the achievement.