GW2 Escape from Lion’s Arch Achievement Guide
GW2 Escape from Lion’s Arch living world achievement guide.
The entire Escape from Lion’s Arch event is a cyclical event that starts exactly 4 minutes past the hour every hour and ends at exactly 50 minutes past the hour. Special attention need to be paid to the 40 minutes past the hour mark as that is when some events that occur only once per cycle appears (i.e. some escorts, bosses)
The entire evacuation cycle lasts roughly 45 minutes from 4 minutes past the hour until 50 minutes past the hour.
Entrance event achievements
These achievements are very simple and therefore do not worth a lot of achievement points. Remember that entrance event starts exactly 4 minutes past the hour so be there on time if you want the achievement
- Breach from the Beach – participate in the Bloodtide Coast entrance event – 2 pts
- The Northern Gambit – participate in the Gendarran Fields entrance event – 2 pts
- Cold Comfort – participate in the Lornar’s Pass entrance event – 2 pts
The events are located at these locations. The entrance from Lornar’s Pass is an asuran gate.
There are two achievements for escorts
Please Follow Me to the Exit – 5 pts
You need to complete in the following escorts
- Black Lion Dolyaks
- Lighthouse workers
- Racing Moas
- Lawson Marriner
Black Lion Dolyaks and Children are the easiest escort and they always occur around the Trader’s Forum area. The escort event pops up multiple time per evacuation cycle so you have plenty of time to do the escort. You don’t really need to escort them as they tend to complete successfully by themselves most of the time
Ogres and Lighthouse workers are a different story. While they reoccur multiple times, they tend to fail if players are not gathering nearby. Even if you are standing next to their spawn locations, it is likely you will not get event credit as their escorts are short and they move fast. Try kill some mobs around them during the escort for event participation recognition.
- Ogres escort starts at the Postern Ward area and moves west and then south
- Lighthouse workers starts at the Lighthouse area and then moves east
Moa and Lawson Marriner escort events only occur 40 minutes past the hour. You want to be there or you will miss them and have to wait for the next evacuation cycle.
- Moa escort starts where the Moa Race start used to be near Farshore Ward
- Lawson Marriner escort starts at Commodore’s Manor near Grand Piazza
All Bets are Off – 5 pts
This achievement is for escorting all 7 Moas without any of getting killed during the escort.
About 2-3 times per evacuation cycle and always at the start of each evacuation cycle, you will see 3 miasma deployment events around the 3 major areas of Lion’s Arch. The exact location is a bit random but there is a certain area where these miasma deployments will occur. These events are marked as sword icons on the map as shown below.
- Top quadrant is where the Aetherblade miasma deployment will occur
- Bottom quadrant is where the Molten miasma deployment will occur
- Right quadrant is where the Toxic miasma deployment will occur
Triple Threat – 10 pts
If your map manage to complete the event at Aetherblade, Molten, and Toxic miasma deployment before the time limit ticks down to zero, you will receive this achievement. This will require abit of coordination since if one team is short on players, they may not have the DPS to finish the event before the time limit. These events do scale up so if you have a large zerg there, a lot more veteran/elites gets pumped out.
- The smaller the zerg at each miasma deployment event, the easier it is to complete it. Try to make sure only a small group only 8-10 players do each event while the rest do escorts/rescue citizens
- Molten miasma seems to fail the most, make sure players know to kite the mobs out of the protective fire rings and kill the protectors
Luckily, you only need your map to complete all 3 events successfully at one deployment cycle, and not the whole evacuation cycle to get this achievement.
During the length of the evacuation cycle, you will see shield icons popup in either Trader’s Forum, Fort marriner, or Postern Ward about every 4 minutes (do not confuse these with escort events, which have the same icon). Which location picked is random but these are rally point defend events. Only one rally point defend event is active at any one time. There are achievements given for successfully completing every defend event in a given location for an entire evacuation cycle but you personally only need to participate in one event at the location to get the respective achievement, as long all the events in that location succeed.
- Escort events are NOT defend events. Do not mix them up even though they have the same shield icon. Doing escort events will not count towards defend achievements and vice versa.
The defend events won’t run if the Scarlet Alliances are currently holding the rally camps. If you see the crosses swords event at the camps, that means a defend even has already run and failed – you’ll have to succeed the recapture event before another defend event will start.
Fort Marriner Fighter – 5 pts
Succeed in every Fort Marriner defend event during an entire evacuation cycle. Participate in at least one defend event in Fort Marriner and you will get credit, as long rest of the events there succeed.
Postern Ward Protector –5 pts
Succeed in every Postern Ward defend event during an entire evacuation cycle. Participate in at least one defend event in Postern Ward and you will get credit, as long rest of the events there succeed.
Trader’s Forum Triumphant – 5 pts
Succeed in every Trader’s Forum defend event during an entire evacuation cycle. Participate in at least one defend event in Trader’s Forum and you will get credit, as long rest of the events there succeed.
Triple Play – 10 pts
Make sure all three defend events succeed during an entire evacuation cycle. This means every defend event in each of the three locations has to succeed for the entire evacuation cycle.
Bosses only spawn 40 minutes past the hour and they seem to always spawn in the same locations
- Champion Molten Berserker spawns in Fort Marriner
- Elite Aetherblades (5) spawn in the Grand Piazza
- Champion Toxic Wurm Queen spawns in Postern Ward
Melted and Muted – 5 pts
Defeat the Champion Molten Berserker boss
Aetherblade Broken –5 pts
Defeat the Elite Aetherblades
Antitoxin – 5 pts
Defeat the Champion Toxic Wurm Queen
Memories in Your Hand – 5 pts
- Scavenger hunt achievement – see guide here
Group Effort Achievements
These only give out achievement points the first time they pop up. These achievements do not show up under Living World and appear as blank in your recently completed achievements.
Group Effort I – 100 citizens rescued – 2 pts
Group Effort II – 300 citizens rescued – 2 pts
Group Effort III – 600 citizens rescued –2 pts
Group Effort IV – 900 citizens rescued – 2 pts
Group Effort V – 1200 citizens rescued – 5 pts
Use this map constructed by rainwhisper on reddit for the locations of the citizens you need to rescue/escort