GW2 Memories in Your Hand Rubble Pile achievement guide
A guide to all 30 Rubble Piles you need to locate for the Memories in Your Hand Escape from Lion’s Arch Living World achievement. They seems to reset around daily reset.
The Rubble Piles appear to reset at daily reset and are account bound (i.e. only grab once per account). You only need 30 Rubble Piles for the achievement but all 40 are listed here and you need to gather them daily if you want to 250 Found Heirloom rewards (Halo and Devil Horn, see bottom of page)
Video (only covers Rubble Pile 1-38)
1. Right at entrance to Lion’s Arch at Canal Ward
2. Undernearth the bridge
3. Behind the former trading post (jump down from the back of the trading post)
4. Go inside the water and you will find the sewer system
5. Below a walkway
6. Next to a veteran mob
7. Below the former asura gates
8. Undernearth the wooden plank
9. Outside the walls of Fort Mariner
10. At top of the lighthouse, you need to enter the lighthouse and climb the stairs to reach the top
11. There is sort of a secret cave here at bottom of the cliff on the ground/water level that contain this pile of rubble
12. Near the water in a semi cave like structure
13. Next to a bunch of mobs by the beach
14. There is a cave north of the marker White Crane Terrace, this cave has only 1 pile of rubble
15. There is another fairly long cavern south of it with a small entrance around that area. There are 2 rubbles inside this cave.
16. Go deeper inside the cave and you will find another
17. Right next to the waypoint
18. Inside cave below guarded by Aetherblades
19. Next to the entrance to Bloodtide Coast
20. Near the beach
21. Run through the waterfall, in a cave behind the waterfall
22. Behind the mill
23. At the water level beneath the large island
24. Cave east of Farshore Ward guarded by an elite
25. Behind the Inn
26. Base of the waterfall next to the jumping puzzle
27. Inside the cave but to the right of the rocks that mark start of the jumping puzzle
28. Go up the rocks near the jumping puzzle exit and you will find it in a corner
29. At the end of a dead end
30. Go up the stony ramp next to 29 and follow it until you see a wooden barricade with a broken asuran gate nearby
31. On top of a rock. To get to this one, you have to take a convoluted path up a wooden ramp (follow the arrows).
32. Exact same path you took in 31, except you are going to a different hill a bit more to the south
33. Inside Hooligan’s Route/cavern. Extremely hard to reach due to the high density of elites/veterans with a high respawn rate. However, there is an easier way by running via the left side of the cave, dodging whatever enemies that you come across. Near the back of cave you can climb up the slope in screenshot #2 to and jump across the gap (thanks BrownieC for the tip).
34. Hidden in a cave
35. Inside Lost Grotto accessed via the sewers (take a right after entering the sewers)
36. Go up east from Canal Ward waypoint and then jump down on the wooden plank leading to a nearby structure
37. Not far from the Postern Ward Waypoint
38. Behind the bottom most waterfall (the one that goes down to the water level) is a cave you can enter. If you find a wall behind the waterfall, then you need to jump down to the waterfall below.
39. In the Hooligan’s Route/cavern that is home to #33, if you go to the NE corner you can find a tiny cave entrance in the water. Go through the tiny gap submerged in the water to find find a cave that contains Rubble Pile 39.
40. From Rubble Pile #17, take a left and you will find a gap in the wall that allow you to climb up (watch out for a group of patrolling Aetherblades). If you keep following this path, it will take you to the vista/diving board. Near the diving board is a wooden ramp leading down. About half way down the ramp you will find a ledge on the wall you can follow which will take you to a cave behind the waterfall that houses the final rubble pile.
Found Heirloom Rewards
At the refugee camps in Bloodtide Coast/Lornar’s Pass/Gendarran Fields are vendors that will exchange 250 Found Heirlooms and 10 gold for Selfless potions (Halo effect) and Thoughtless potions (Devil horn effect).It will take you a couple daily resets to get 250 needed but you also get them from bags that are given out when you reach each new tier of citizens rescued.
- Found Heirllooms can also be obtained from bags that are rewarded at various tiers for # of citizens rescued as well as very rare drops from Alliance Supply Bags (10 from ~500 bags) that you get from killing mobs and doing events inside Lion’s Arch
- These are unlimited use, and can be used in combat (it is like the food/combat potions except they do not conflict with the food/potion slots and have their own slot). No cooldown on its use.
This guide was created with the help of various readers on dulfy.net, Daniel, and amileia on reddit.