GW2 Battle for Lion’s Arch Achievement Guide
A guide to GW2 Battle for Lion’s Arch Living World achievement. This living world achievement will be completeable until March 18, 2014.
This is my city! – 25 pts
Complete this meta achievement by doing the achievements below or complete dallies under your daily achievements that have a special icon (1 daily per day)
Reward: Liberator of Lion’s Arch chest
- Includes 5-skill-point Scroll of Knowledge, 1 Essence of Luck, 5 Obsidian Shards, 50 Blade Shards, a five-use Guild Shield Finisher, and a rare item.
Build Your Own Backbone – 5 pts
- This require you to craft an exotic or ascended Spinal Blades backpiece and equip it on you (or re-equip if you already equipped it).
- If you are not sure how to make the spinal blade backpieces, check out this guide.
Commanding Heights – 5 pts
- Find Lionguard Turma – she is near the Diverse Ledges waypoint, you have to run up the hill like you are grabbing the Rubble Pile behind the waterfall near that location and then go right instead of left.
In a Cage Made of Steel and Lunacy – 1 pt
If you have a Spinal Blades backpack in your inventory and it is soulbound (doesn’t matter the rarity, even fine/masterwork will work) , you will be able to skip directly to Scarlet herself on the Breachmaker without going through her Holograms/Assault Knights by stepping through the Purple Portal near Lionguard Turma
You will need to dodge her attacks (orange circles) until you can get close to Scarlet. You will then need to press F to finish Scarlet off (aka Stomping in PvP terms). If you don’t do it quick enough, Scarlet will pop up her shield and you will need to wait for Kasmeer to summon her illusions. Scarlet’s shield will disappear briefly when she starts throwing things so just wait until her shield is down again and run up to stomp her.
Nowhere to Hide – 5 pts
This is a rather hard achievement to get and requires a lot of practice and precise timing. You have to stomp Scarlet before her shield goes up so you have a very short time window to do it right. If Scarlet’s shield goes up, you will need to relog to character select screen so you get kicked out and can try again.
- Run up to Scarlet while avoiding/dodging her grenade attacks. It is not the end of the world if you get hit but it will slow you down.
- Start stomping Scarlet and then immediately side dodge away from Scarlet towards one of the gate structures when you see a large orange circle appear next to her. You do not want to dodge towards Scarlet as the control room behind her will knock you back.
- After the dodge, depending on how far you dodged, run back and start spamming F to stomp again. If you didn’t dodge too far, you will be able to stomp Scarlet before she does her orange circle knockback again.
- Certain classes can use various abilities to help them getting it easier
- Mesmer: Timewrap to speed up your stomp
- Warrior: Frenzy to speed up your stomp
- Elementalist: Activate mist form right after you start stomping. Can use Arcane Shield to block her attack as well.
- Engineer: Pop Elixir S and U. Elixir S to block her attack and Elixir U to speed up your stomp
- Guardian Use Judges Intervention to jump to her either after dodge or after you get knocked back
- Thief: Shadowstep to her, dodge her orange circle, activate Haste and then stomp. Or you can just stealth stomp her.
- Ranger: Use Quickening Zephyr before you stomp
- Necromancer: Use spectral walk as before you start stomping and if you get knocked back, use it to teleport back to Scarlet. If you are Sylvari you can use the Take Root skill to become invul and cancel to stomp once Scarlet’s attack finishes
He’ll Never Live This Down – 5 pts
Locate Peter the Lost. This guy is a tricky because he has a bunch of spots he can be at. Here are some possible spots. It is best to ask in map chat to see if anyone has seen him recently as this can save you from running around too much.
- Beside the Vista inside Hooligan’s Route
- At top of the Black Lion Trading Company where Evon used to stand
- Behind the Lion’s Shadow Inn
- Crow’s Nest Tavern
- In the water
- NE of Diverse Ledges Waypoint down the path to the beach
- Near Eastern Wards Waypoint
- Below the waterfall near the entrance to the jumping puzzle
- Near the lighthouse, next to the steps
- SW of the Moa Ranch
- Inside the Consortium Gift Shop
Champion Boss Achievements
These achievements all require you defeating various champion bosses around the map. Some of them require you just to kill them while others require you to dodge their special attacks. Not all of the champions are up at any one time so you have to check your map constantly to see which champion is up (look for the champion event icon)
No Free Lunch – 5 pts (Champion Spider)
- Postern Ward area
- Defeat the Champion Toxic Spider Queen without allowing her to reach a cocoon. During the fight random players will get turned to cocoon. You need to kill the cocoon and free the player before the Spider Queen reaches them
Keep Your Distance – 5 pts (Champion Admiral)
- Western Ward area
- Defeat the Aetherblade Admiral without being hit by her teleport attack. I got this achievement by simply staying at max range.
Light Show – 5 pts (Champion Cannoneer)
- White Crane terrace area
- Kill the Aether Cannoneer without being hit by the Aetherblade Megalaser
No More Magic; No More Poison – 5 pts (Champion Warlock)
- Eastern Ward area
- Kill the champion Toxic Warlock
Out with a Bang – 5 pts (Champion Munitions Specialist)
- Farshore Ward area
- Kill the Champion Molten Munitions Specialist
Putting Out the Fire – 5 pts (Champion Shaman)
- Bloodcoast Ward
- Kill the Champion Molten Shaman
Scarlet’s Assault Knight & Prime Hologram Achievements
These achievements are a bit harder to get since they require the entire map cooperating and succeeding events.
Bigger, But Not Faster – 5 pts
Easy achievement to get. When you are fighting the Legendary Assault Knights, they will do an Extraction attack where they put down a massive orange circle and at the end of it pull everyone in who didn’t dodge it. Dodge as soon as the massive orange circle disappears and you should not get pulled in.
- If you are having a really hard time dodging due to lag or whatever reasons, you can stay away from the legendary knights until they are low in health and then jump in. This way you have to dodge less of those Extraction attacks.
- You can also stay at very max range and often times you won’t get pulled in
Six Minutes to Knightfall– 10 pts
Hard achievement to get unless you are with a very organized map. You need to kill the legendary Blue, Green, and Red Assault Knights within 6 minutes of the fight. This means that if they are not all dead 6 minutes past the hour, you won’t get the achievement. As of the March 7 patch, you can no longer form one massive zerg and kill one knight at a time. You will need to split the map into 3, with a maximum of 50 players at each knight.
Make sure you stand in the colored circles near the Knights or you won’t be able to deal more damage to them. Only 50 players can get the buff so if there are more than 50 players attacking a knight, you won’t be able to damage it. They don’t take much damage in the reflect conditions stance but they will drop pretty quick once they switch to condition vulnerable stance since stacking conditions increase the damage you can do to them.
One Step Closer – 1 pt
Kill Scarlet’s Prime Hologram – After you defeated all 3 Legendary Assault Knights, you will see green, red, and blue circles on the ground near the golden swirling portals. Get the buff from all 3 of them to get a white buff that will allow you to enter the Breachmaker for the Prime Hologram fight. This fight is rather long but completing it will unlock two other achievements.
When the Prime Hologram is at around 20%, it will split into 3 colored Holograms. You will want to kill all threee of these colored holograms at around the same time (you have around 20s to kill all 3 at same time). This will allow you to skip some extra phases and jump straight into the final phase with the Microprime holograms.
A bunch of Microprime holograms will spawn and your job is to kill them ASAP before the Ultraviolet Blast Charge Level goes to full. If you manage to kill all 20 Microprime holograms before the Blast Charge level fills to full, the big laser won’t fire and no one will take any damage. There is no need to kill these Microprime holograms next to the big hologram. Repeat this a couple times until Ultraviolet Hologram’s HP goes to zero to finish the fight.
Getting hit by the big orbital laser due to the Ultraviolet Blast Charge filling to full does not disqualify you from the No More Tricks, Scarlet achievement below.
No More Tricks, Scarlet – 5 pts
Kill Scarlet’s Prime Hologram without getting hit by lasers or their lingering scorch marks. There are couple things you need to be aware here to get this achievement
- Scarlet has activated additional defenses on the Breachmaker during the Prime Hologram encounter. Thirty seconds into the battle, lasers will target the areas near the entrance portal and the elevator leading to the Breachmaker’s interior. Being hit by these attacks will count against the “No More Tricks, Scarlet” achievement.
- There is a slight delay between when the lingering scorch marks disappear on your screen and when it actually disappears. Wait a second or two after the scorch marks disappears to cross or you will get briefly dazed and fail the achievement
- If you need to get to a colored circle that is blocked by a scorch mark, run through the Prime Hologram since there tends to be no scorch marks there
- The laser attacks are proceded by an orange telegraph, run away or dodge to avoid it.
- Getting downed/killed no longer disqualify you for the achievement as part of the March 7 update.
In Tune – 5 pts
To get this achievement, you need to be extra careful and take all the precautions. Swap to a melee weapon if possible and turn your autoattack off (ctrl + right click your autoattack ability to turn it off). Only attack the big hologram when you have the white buff from running into all 3 colored circles. Watch your buff bar constantly and if you see the buff starts to blink, stop attack until you can get the buff back up.
When the big Hologram splits into 3 holograms. Take the same precautions and do not attack until you have the appropriate colored buff. Getting downed/killed no longer disqualify you for the achievement as part of the March 7 update.
Arenanet released this message regarding the achievement
Necros, Rangers, Mesmers; watch your minions, pets, clones, and phantasms, their damage counts against you if you are not attuned. Engineers, your turrets fall under that category as well. For all professions, I would recommend crafting your build based solely on damage your character does and not use any summons or sources of outside damage.