GW2 Ready Up Episode 8 developer livestream in which the new trait system and a new pvp map will be revealed.
- No capture points, pure team deathmatch. Custom arena map only.
- Kept it small so you don’t have to look for your opponents.
- Pillars you can use to LoS
- Broken down temple map theme with a lot of vibrant colors and flowers. One side is blue themed, the other side is more red themed so you always know where you are.
- Map has two concentric rings – inner rings and upper outer ring.
- Two traditional bases
- Support up to 5v5
- A lot of places where you can do a “cutback” and get behind your opponent if you are getting chased.
Tournament of Legends
- 1st place gets choice of legendary weapon (eternity excluded), 2000 gems, 2 Black Lion weapon tickets
- April 26-27 for Europe, May 3-4 for North America
- Critical damage is being converted to a new stat – Ferocity
- Existing critical damage is converted at the following ratio: 1% critical damage = 15 points of ferocity @ level 80
- Celestial have had very high critical damage and it got hit hard by this change. We boosted celestial stats overall by 6%. It was providing less stats in pvp version, making it unuseable. We increased it to be equivalent to other stat sets in addition to the 6%.
- Equivalent of 10% damage reduction for a full berserker build
- Trait lines, traits, and skills have being rebalanced individually.30 points in critical damage trait = 300 ferocity = 20% critical damage
- Changes will not affect sPvP, as maximum potential critical damage is already much lower than PvE/WvW
- Every rune-set has been reworked and rebalanced, increasing the amount of viable options
- A majority of the stats have being shifted to the later bonus slots to promote using a full set of runes rather than mix-match
- No longer hidden differences between PvP/PvE.
- Increased proc rates on runes to make them more reliable
- We want there to be a rune set for pretty much every build.
- Examples of rune changes. Superior Rune of the Monk will synergize well with the new Elementalist Grandmaster trait that also increase Outgoing heal effectiveness to allies.
- Runes in PvP are now a single item (i.e. you can only use one rune now). One rune will have all six bonuses (basically no more mix-match)
- Sigil internal cooldowns are now specific to each sigil, meaning you can use two sigils of the same type on the same weapon set (example: battle and energy) but you can’t use a superior sigil of fire with a major sigil of fire for example.
- Two-handed weapons now have two sigil slots
- Many sigils have been rebalanced to accommodate the new stacking changes
- Some sigils have been changed to on-hit rather than on-crit (i.e. Sigil of Water, Ice, Frailty)
- Duration increase sigils have had their effects increased across the board
- 30+ sigils have been changed in some fashion.
- On kill stacking sigils – only one can be active at a time. If you unequip the weapon with that on-kill sigil, you will lose all the stacks.
- In PvP/WvW, on kill sigils will give you 5 stacks per kill.
- Sigil of Benevolence has replaced Sigil of Sanctuary. Now you gain a certain % of healing effectiveness for every kill you get
Traits changes overview
- No need to buy trait manuals anymore.
- Adept unlock at 30, master at 60, grandmaster at 80
- At 80, you have 70 trait points. Can be confusing for new players. We changed it to 14 points, each point = 5 of the old points.
- Redid how refunding trait works – you can now reset trait anywhere in the world as long you are not in combat or within a spvp match.
- Added a minus button which allow you to just remove a point from a trait line.
- Trait unlocking – all traits are locked. Unlock them by completing specific contents in the world – story dungeons, wvw, etc. Each trait is tied to a specific content. You also have the option to buy the trait guides from your professional trainers – sold for a combination of gold and skill points (price depends on which tier it is and if it is old or new trait).
- All current characters will be grandfathered in (meaning your existing traits will be unlocked) but you won’t have the new grandmaster traits). New characters created after the patch won’t have the existing traits unlocked but they will have them in spvp (except the new grandmaster traits). Traits are unlocked for all gamemodes (character bounded, useable in pvp, wvw, pve)
- New trait interface – click on the spyglass icon to see where in world you can unlock this trait
- Fear now works as a full interrupt. Will work with interrupt runes/traits etc.
Elementalist Balance changes & grandmaster traits
- Fire: Blinding Ashes: Blind foes for 5 seconds when you burn them – cooldown 5s
- Air: Lightning Rod – interrupting an enemy causes them to be stuck by a damaging lightning bolt that leaves them weakened (5s)
- Earth: Stone heart – You cannot be critically hit while attuned to earth
- Water: Aquatic Benevolence- your healing to other allies (not self) is increased by 25% – stacks well with Runes of the Monk
- Arcane – Elemental Contingency- Gain a boon when you are stuck, based on your current attunement, coodown; 10 seconds. Fire: 3.5s of retaliation; air: 5 seconds of fury; Earth: 2.5s of protection; Water: 3 seconds of vigor
Engineer Balance changes & grandmaster traits
- Explosives: Synaptic Overload – gain 3 seconds of quickness when you hit a foe with a knockback skill
- Firearm: Bunker Down – Create a proximity mine at your location when you critically hit with an attack. Mines have a 10s duration, 2s cooldown (mines do not remove boons)
- Inventions: Fortified Turrets – your turrets are surrounded by a reflective shield when created. 4s duration, ends if the turret is picked up or destroyed.
- Alchemy: Experimental Turrets – Turrets apply boons based in a 600 raidus around them every 10 seconds. Thumper turrets: 3 seconds of protection. Net turret: 10s of swiftness. Rifle turret – 5s of fury. Healing turret – 3s of vigor. Rocket turret – 3s of retaliation; Flame turret – 3 stack of might for 10s.
- Tools – Gadgeteer – gadgets grant additional boons upon use. Boon vary based on the gadget being used – AED – 3s of retaliation, Personal Battering Ram – 5s of fury; Rocket Boots – 4s of Vigor; Slick Shoes – 8s of regeneration; Throw mine – 6s of aegis; Utility Goggles 5 stacks of might for 8 seconds.
Guardian Balance changes & grandmaster traits
- Zeal: Amplified Wrath- Burning damage is increased by 33%
- Radiance: Radiant Retaliation – Retaliation Damage scales from condition damage instead of power
- Valor: Communal Defenses – Grant 5s of aegis to allies in 360 range when you block an attack. 20s cooldown.
- Honor: Force of Will – Gain up to 300 vitality, based on your level. (around 3k HP at level 80)
- Virtues: Purity of Body – Resolve’s passive effects increase endurance regeneration by 15%
Mesmer Balance changes & grandmaster traits
- Domination: Power Block – Enemy skills that you interrupt have an increased cooldown of 10s (no internal cooldown on this skill, just depends on cooldowns of your interrupts)
- Dueling: Triumphant Distortion – Gain 3s of distortion upon killing an enemy. No cooldown.
- Chaos: Bountiful Disillusionment – Gain boons each time a shatter skill is used. Mind wrack – 3s of relitation. Cry of frusturation – 3 stacks of might for 15s; Diversion – 5s of fury; Distortion – 8 seconds of regeneration
- Inspiration: Disruptor’s Sustainment: Gain 1000 healing power for 5s upon interrupting a foe.
- Illusions: Maim the Disillusioned – Enemies hit by shatter skills are inflicted with torment.
Necromancer Balance changes & grandmaster traits
- Spite: Parasitic Contagion – A % of your condition damage heals you (5%, not affected by healing power)
- Curses: Path of Corruption – Dark Path now additionally converts 2 boons into conditions.
- Death Magic: Unholy Sanctuary- Regenerate health while you are in death shroud (this is the only method currently to physically regen your HP while in death shroud – it is same as healing from regen, will scale with your healing power)
- Blood Magic: Unholy Martyr – Draw 1 condition from allies every 3 seconds while in death shroud. Each time you draw a condition, gain 5% life force.
- Soul Reaping: Renewing Blast – Life Blast heal allies that it passes through. (~800 heal per blast, scales up with healing power)
Ranger Balance changes & grandmaster traits
- Marksmanship: Read the Wind: Longbow and Harpoon Gun projectile velocity is increased by 100%.
- Skirmishing: Strider’s Defense – You have a 15% chance to block ranged attacks while in melee.
- Wilderness Survival : Poison Master – Poison you apply deals 50% extra damage. Poison your pet’s first attack when they are swapped to.
- Nature Magic: Survival of the fittest – Remove two conditions and gain fury when using a survival skill.
- Beast Mastery: Invigorating Bond- Your pet heals in an area when executing command abilities (i.e. your F2 skill now heals in an area)
Thief Balance changes & grandmaster traits
- Deadly Arts: Revealed Training – Gain up to 200 extra power when you are revealed, based on your level (Revealed lasts for 3s for WvW, 4s for sPvP)
- Critical Strikes : Invigorating Precision – You are healed for a % of the strike damage dealt. The current rate is 5%. Does not work on ambient creatures.
- Shadow Arts: Resilience of Shadows – Stealth you apply reduces 50% incoming attack damage (does not work against condition damges)
- Acrobatics: Assassin’s Equilibrium – Gain 1s of stability when you are revealed. This is a high skill cap trait as you need to use it when you see a stun/daze coming and attack first to reveal yourself and gain the stability.
- Trickery: Bewildering Ambush – Stealing applies 5 stacks of confusion for 5 seconds.
Warrior Balance changes & grandmaster traits
- Strength: Burst Precision – Burst skills have an increased chance to critically hit ( Chance: 100%)
- Arms: Dual Wield Agility- Your attack speed is increased by 10% when wielding a sword, axe or mace in your offhand.
- Defense: Rousing Resilience – Gain toughness when you break out of a stun. The amount of toughness gained is up to 1000, based on your level and lasts for 4 seconds.
- Tactics: Phalanx Strength – When you grant yourself might, grant it to nearby allies as well. 6s of might is granted each time this trait triggers. (It works with blast finishers)
- Discipline: Brawler’s Recovery – Remove blindness when you swap weapons.