GW2 Ready Up Episode 9 Livestream notes
Notes on GW2 Ready up Episode 9 Developer livestream in which the new PvP Build UI, PvP reward tracks, and balance changes are discussed.
- PvP items going away entirely. PvP lockers is gone and all the skins are converted into the wardrobe
- You will login to the game after the patch with your PvE armor (or naked) but the skins will be in wardrobe for you to apply to your new PvP armor
- 1 Transmutation charge per PvP rank after the patch
- Vendors are still there to sell you basic armor/weapons if you are missing a specific armor/weapon type.
New PvP Build UI
- All the runes/sigils etc will be in the PvP Build UI, no need to visit any vendors
- Clicking on a slot will show all the items in your inventory that will go into that slot, same with sigils/runes
- You can search for specific sigils/runes (i.e. if you want a bleed sigil, just search for bleed)
- You can also sort runes/sigils/amulets by categories
- New amulet/sigil types are added, need to be unlocked first for the account (sigil was 3 gold to unlock)
- No more underwater weapon slots
- Retiring Capricon, the only map with underwater combat.
- You can also do traits in the new PvP Build UI
New stat combos, sigils, runes to PvP
- Cavalier, Magi are the new stat combos. New runes are perplexity runes (rebalanced), and rune of the traveler.
- Celestial Amulet stat rebalanced
- Sigil of Generosity and Sigil of Renewal are the new sigils.
- Right now to get to rank 80 you need 8.9 million rank points. You can get ~1500 rank points per match so it can take a loooooong time to get to rank 80.
- Rank 39-80 are fixed now – 20k rank points per rank. Now it only take something like 1 million something to reach 80
- Those who are mid 50s now will be rank 80 after patch, you will get all the rewards of the new ranks you get pushed to.
- 5 skill points, 1 Tome of Knowledge, 5 Champion bags per rank.
- After you get to rank 80, you still gain ranks up chests when you reach a new rank but your rank will be capped at 80 (it is like in PvE when you reach level 80).
PvP Rewards Track
- Wins and Team arenas give you faster progression in the rewards track. Custom Arenas are also quicker and almost as good as team arena in terms of rewards track progression.
- 40 rewards per reward track – 1.25 to 1.5 games per reward on average.
- Each track has 8 tiers, 5 rewards per tier.
- 4 Transmutation charges per reward track (every other tier in the reward track). Every tier give you a Tome of Knowledge and each track has 8 tiers so you get 8 Tomes of Knowledge for free for every reward track you completed
- Start with 3 types of reward tracks: Region Track, Balthazar Back Item Reward Track, Dungeon Track
- 8 dungeons, 5 regions, and 1 Balthazar Back Item Rewards Track are available. Balthazar rewards track is not repeatable and the back item is exclusive to PvP. Dungeon and region tracks are repeatable.
- Some of the rewards are champion bags, dragonite ore, empyreal fragments, crafting materials, obsidian shards, mystic clovers.
- Dungeon tracks are on a rotating 2 week timer, a new dungeon track comes every 2 weeks. All the progress will be saved when the reward track goes away. You can also unlock dungeon tracks permanently by doing the storymode version of that dungeon in PvE.
- Dungeon tracks give you 3 weapon box and 1 armor box per track (armor box is the final reward in the track). You also get dungeon tokens as well.
- Region tracks are unlocked sequentially. Complete one region track to gain access to the next region track. The loot boxes are specific to the region. Final reward for the region tracks are region specific weapon skins box
- Magic Find affect the rewards you get from the boxes
- Reward tracks will eventually tie in Living World/Holiday events.
New Balance Changes
- Pistol-whip thief, Hambow Warrior, Decap Engineer spec will be taken a look at.
- Hambow Warrior
- Arcing Shot (Longbow 3) – hit too hard, reduced damage by 15%.
- Merciless Hammer – Right now you deal 25% to crowd-controlled enemies, we reduced that by 5% to 20%.
- Impale (Sword 4) – right now it applies torment over 10s – made it so it applies torments over 4 seconds.
- Pistol-whip Thief
- Pistol-whip is very strong, increased initiative cost from 5 to 6 so you can’t spam it over and over (pvp only change).
- Decap Engineer
- Tune down Automated Response – no longer 100% condition reduction, 50% reduction instead but triggers at 33% HP instead of 25% HP.