Notes on the latest GW2 Developer Livestream in which questions on the April Feature Pack will be answered.
- John Corpening – Associate Game Director (Competitive side)
- Ryan Diederich – Gameplay Programmer
- Kate Welch – UI Designer
- What will happen to instant retrait items from gemstore
- You can request refunds after April 15 for any you brought. You cannot request refunds for those coming from Black Lion Chests
- Low level characters for PvP – concerned about the new trait system and not having as many traits
- You have access to the core traits in PvP, only ones you don’t have access to are the new traits introduced with April 15 patch.
- Trait points are condensed from 70 points to 14 points so everytime you spend traits points, you will get a minor or major trait. From level 66 you will get 2 points every 6 levels
- Will any of the gemstore armor we brought unlock even if we have salvaged some of it.
- If you have any piece of the set remaining, it will unlock the whole set
- HoM/Achievement skins – unlockable in the wardrobe?
- Yes they are unlockable for free (does not require transmutation charges)
- Racial and weight restrictions still apply to the Wardrobe?
- Yes, can’t wear other race’s cultural armor or other armor weights.
- One transmutation charge per skin application with exception of those free skins mentioned earlier. Once a skin is unlocked, it is unlocked forever on your account but it still require transmutation charges to apply them.
- Town clothing – Cook outfits, Mad King’s are useable in combat as a full set. Helmets are useable on all armor weights. Some of the Town clothing (i.e. chestpieces, leggings) are now tonics.
- Town Clothing that can no longer be mixed/match can be request for refund on a case by case basis.
- Town Clothing Toys are still banned in WvW on a case by case basis. You can still use the outfits associated with these toys.
- You get transmutation charges for Map completion after April 15.
- In PvP, it still costs transmutation charges to swap skins since it uses the same system as PvE. PvP players are getting a one time allotment of transmutation charges based on their PvP rank (i.e. rank 40 get 40 transmutation charges)
- For players with duplicate skins from the gemstore, you can request for refund after April 15. You can still use the duplicate skins to avoid transmutation charges if you wish to apply them to a character.
- Duplicate BLC weapon skins won’t be eligible for refund since they are tradeable and have high market value.
- Any transmuted item will unlock the skin of the base item used for stats and the most recent item used for appearance.
- Transmutation splitters can be traded in for Transmutation charges.
- Skins that can be applied to any armor weight class will unlock for all 3 armor weight class.
Social play changes
- Last login for guilds – Last online login, not last represented login. The entire guild roster will be able to see the last login time of someone
Account Bound Gear
- Cultural skinned Ascended armor – these skins can be only used on that race. If you want to use it on another race, you will need to reskin it.
- Gatherable node locations are still randomized in every map instance.
- World Boss schedule will affect all world bosses at once even though the megaserver will only affect low level zones at first.