A guide to filling up your Wardrobe and acquiring the Fashion Collector title cheaply and efficiently.
A Note About Wardrobe
To access your Wardrobe storage, go to any bank and select the third tab (Wardrobe storage).
Collect 1000 skins in the Wardrobe to receive the Fashion Collector title from Fashion Forward achievement.
Note that this guide is for cheaply and efficiently acquiring skins. If you are after a specific skin, use this guide instead.
Tip: Throw any skins that you can’t salvage (most of the skins) into Mystic Forge to make random weapons that you can salvage.
Character Creation Skins
GW2 is very kind to provide you all kinds of free skins when you create a new character and select certain choices during the biography part of character creation. These skins are free and quick so they should be your number one priority to reach that title. Create a character, get that skin unlocked and then delete it!
- Note: Apparently unlocking these do not count towards the achievement so if you are just going after the achievement, you can ignore this section
I study all the elements, but I wear a gem that symbolizes my love of _____.
- Water – Glacial Eye
- Fire – Flame Eye
- Earth – Stone Eye
- Air – Storm Eye
A mesmer’s mask creates an image. I choose to look out from behind a _____.
- Haelrquin’s Smile – Harlequin’s Mask
- Phantasm of Sorrow – Phantasm’s Mask
- Fanged Dread – Fanged Dread Mask
A necromancer’s closest companion is death. In acknowledgement of this, I mark my face with the symbol of a _____.
- Trickster Demon – Demon Masque
- Skull – Skull Masque
- Ghostly Wraith – Wraith Masque
As a symbol of my dedication, I wear _____.
- Conqueror’s Mantle
- Fanatic’s Mantle
- Visionary Helm
My most useful tool is my _____.
- Universal Multi-Tool
- Eagle-Eye Goggles
- Panscopic Monocle
In my line of work, it’s important to understand the power of _____.
- Anonymity: Anonymity Mask
- Determination: Determination Headband
- Subterfuge: Subterfuge Hood
Warriors and Rangers have no unique armor skins (rangers doesn’t get any) but that is a total of 19 unique skins just from character creation. This is on top of all starter gear/weapons that you may or may not already have unlocked in the wardrobe.
You probably have a ton of karma stored up that you are not using. Luckily you can use them to get tons and tons of unlocks for your wardrobe. There are several maps with karma vendors that sell the same gear but I am going to usually pick the lowest level map (least karma) or the easiest (less travel time).
- Only buy the Fine quality and don’t waste your karma on Masterwork
- Take your character with the most world completion to make this easier on yourself
- Diessa Plateau – Tiga Fierceblade – [&BN4AAAA=]
- Heart: Assist the Blood Legion
- This guy is your one stop for all 3 sets since he has all the skins. While you are here, buy the Iron legion shield from him and the Ash/Blood legion shields from the nearby two heart vendors (see Weapons –> Legion shields section of the guide)
Heavy Plate (Heavy)
- Sparkfly Fen
- This set is suppose to be exclusive to WvW badge vendors but it also available on karma vendors so why waste your badges?
- Gloves/Leggings: [&BLMDAAA=]: Help Kamma/Help Brannen
- Shoulders: [&BM8BAAA=]: Help the Wyld Hunt
- Helm: [&BM4BAAA=]: Help Secure Brackwater
- Shoes: [&BMoBAAA=]: Help Admiral Clarinda
- Chest: [&BLQDAAA=]: Help Jezza
Dry Bones (Light) / Duelist (Medium) / Pit Fighter (Heavy)
- Gendarran Fields
- Also in Harathi Hinterlands, Bloodtide Coast, Snowden Drifts, Lornar’s Pass, Dredgehaunt Cliffs, Frostgorge Sound, Fields of Ruin, Blazeridge Steppes
Primitive (Light) / Buccaneer (Medium) / Dark Templar (Heavy)
- Fireheart Rise
- Also in all Orr zones
- Gloves: [&BB0CAAA=]: Help Tarstar tribe
- Leggings: [&BBgCAAA=]: Assist with maintenance at Tuyere
- Helm: [&BBkCAAA=]: Clean up Flame Legion Magic
- Boots: [&BCMCAAA=]: Help Ash Legion
- Shoulders: [&BCACAAA=]: Help Pact researchers
- Chest: [&BB4CAAA=]: Aid Kodan refugees
Stately (Light) / Stalker (Medium) / Studded Plate (Heavy)
- Iron Marches
- Also in Sparkfly Fen, Bloodtide Coast, Mount Maelstrom, Timberline Falls, Dredgehaunt Cliffs, Frostgorge Sound, Blazeridge Steppes
- Gloves: [&BOcBAAA=]: Help Braxa
- Leggings: [&BOQBAAA=]: Help Centurion Truthbringer
- Helm: [&BOMBAAA=]: Join the Iron Legion
- Boots: [&BOUBAAA=]: Help Kennelmaster Warsnout
- Shoulders: [&BOgBAAA=]: Help Sleekfur
- Chest: [&BOsBAAA=]: Aid the Allied Legion
Aurora (Light) / Rubicon (Medium) / Armageddon (Heavy)
- Orr Temples (karma vendor when the temple is open) or Arah dungeon entrance
- These pieces are sold in Orr Temples for 42k karma each or 252k karma for the full 6 piece set. It may not worth the karma to get those skins unless you got quite a lot of them.
All in all you are looking at least 72 (6 x 3 x 4) armor skins you can acquire for cheap with karma (not including the expensive Orr temple ones).
You really have to becareful with weapon skins as there are tons of them and you can easily spend all your karma here. We will start with the unique and cheap ones and work our way up. You probably won’t make it out of this section without using all of your karma.
Move your butt to Harathi Hinterlands as there is one heart vendor with all of the Modniir weapons. These weapons are exclusive to her (Forward Scout Greta) and you probably won’t see them anywhere else. They costs around 280-420 karma each for the Fine version, which is all you need.
- Waypoint: [&BLEAAAA=]
The Charrs love their shields and they got one for each legion (Iron, Blood, Ash) and the vendors are all close to each other. Head to the SW corner of Diessa Plateau and buy them up.
- Waypoint: [&BN4AAAA=]
Other cheap skins
- Jotun Greatsword from Lionguard Nadel in Snowden Drifts – [&BL8AAAA=]
- Wooden sword recipe (Weaponsmith) from Carman Fawntracker in Wayfarer Foothills (Entertain and protect the children). This product is also on TP if you can’t craft it yourself. [&BHYBAAA=]
- Quetzal Harpoon from Yoal in Caledon Forest: [&BD0BAAA=]
- OoOoo Spear and Shooter from Queldip and Duidda in Lornar’s Pass (they are all in the False Lake area): [&BOgAAAA=]
- Jeweled Trident & Dragonspine from Vepar Darkheart in Diessa Plateau (regular karma vendor): [&BNwDAAA=]
- Wyld Greatsword from Seraph Spy Ivy in Brisband Wildlands (Infiltrate and distrupt Seanan’s bandits): [&BGMAAAA=]
- Judgement Harpoon from Jenrys in Mount Maelstrom: [&BNUCAAA=]
- Charr Meatoberfest Chalice from Lakor in Diessa Plateau: [&BF8BAAA=]
Unique Karma Cultural skins
Purchasing Cultural Skins with karma is expensive as the cheapest costs you 9800 karma per weapon and there are often ~19 weapons per cultural set so you are looking to spend around 186k karma per set. I tend to buy them on the TP as a lot of them are fairly cheap costing only a few silver each but there are some karma cultural skins you can’t get from the TP.
- Waypoint: [&BNMAAAA=] in Fields of Ruin (You can get to this place via the portal from Rurikton district of Divinity’s Reach)
- Only buy tier 1 as tier 2 and tier3 are identical skins
- Lionguard vendors are temporarily relocated to Gendarran Fields – [&BJIBAAA=]
- Only buy tier 1 as tier 2 and tier3 are identical skins
- Pirate weapons are sold by the vendor at the end of Weyandt’s Revenge jumping puzzle in Lion’s Arch. If you are not sure where it is or how to complete it, check out this guide.
- The Karma equipment Trader in WvW (not far from the entrance in Borderlands map) sells a full set of Bandit weapons for karma. Each weapon is around 2-3k karma (at level 80 but cheaper if you buy it with low level characters) . I would consider it cheaper than buying them from the TP where the prices are close to a gold each for the bandit weapons.
- Waypoint: [&BB0CAAA=]
- The Nrocroc, Tarstar, Wupwup chiefs in Fireheart Rise sells recipes you need to make the Godskull weapons (they are also tradeable on the TP).
- You do need to be either a Weaponsmith, Artificer, or Huntsman (275) to craft these
- Waypoint: [&BMgBAAA=]
- Cuadinti in Sparkfly Fen sells Sun Beads. Combine 75 Sun Beads with Darksteel/Hard weapon components to make Beaded weapons. It costs 21 karma per bead or 1575 karma per weapon. If you can’t craft them you can buy it on the TP.
T3 Cultural Weapons
- The T3 line of each race’s Cultural weapons is not purchaseable on the TP so your only option is to shell out 63k karma per weapon. T1 and T2 cultural skins are there too if you are short on gold
- Divinity’s Reach: Palace Waypoint: [&BCkDAAA=]
- Rata Sum: Magustan Court Waypoint: [&BBQEAAA=]
- The Grove: Ronan’s Waypoint: [&BLwEAAA=]
- Hoelbrak: Legends Waypoint: [&BIwDAAA=]
- Black Citadel: Diessa Gate Waypoint: [&BKgDAAA=]
Badges of Honor
If you have a lot of Badges stored up from achievement chests and not using them for WvW anytime soon, this is a perfect time to spend them. Go to the vendor in your server’s Borderlands (i.e. the Citadel) as they have the most complete set of vendors. Other maps are missing some of the vendors
- Diviner (Light)
- Mistwalker (Medium)
- Please note that the heavy skin (Heavy Plate) is not unique to WvW badge vendors and can be found on Sparkfly Karma vendors (see under Karma section on the exact locations)
- You can buy them with only badges (1589 badges for full set) or badges and gold (950 badges + 5-6 gold for the full set)
Badge skins for cheap
The follow skins are not unique to the WvW vendors and can be also found on the karma vendors (see Karma section) but if you are lazy and have a lot of badges it is a good place to buy them.
40 Badge Skins
- Duelist is called Militia (Heavy) in Wardrobe
- Supple Leather is called Rogue (Medium) in Wardrobe
- Devout (Light) – Don’t buy this as you can get it for Karma (Tiga in Diessa Plateau) or for gold (Tailor Pipp in Rata Sum)
90 Badge skins
- Pit Fighter (Heavy)
- Rawhide (Medium) – Don’t buy this as you can get it easily from the Armorsmith NPC in various cities for a few silver
- Dry Bones (Light)
135 Badge Skins
- Plated is called Studded Plate (Heavy) in Wardrobe
- Warden is called Stalker (Medium) in Wardrobe
- Stately (Light)
180 Badge Skins
- Dark is called Dark Templar (Heavy) in Wardrobe
- Conquest is called Buccaneer (Medium) in Wardrobe
- Tactical is called Primitive (Light) in Wardrobe
Tier 1 & Tier 2 Cultural Skins
Both tier 1 and tier 2 Cultual weapon skins can be brought for badges
- Tier 1: Steam, Shiverpeak, Glyphic, Krytan – 5-10 Badges per skin
- Tier 2: Aureate, Norn, Flame, Verdant – 50-100 badges per skin
If you got gold to spend and walk around in Blings Blings then there are tons of skins you can buy off the TP. I will list the cheap ones first for the benefit of the poor (they gotta dress up too).
Cheap (a few silver per piece)
- Acolyte (Light) – TP
- Apprentice (Light) – TP
- Cabalist (Light) – TP
- Country (Light) – TP
- Embroidered (Light) – TP (also crafted by Tailor)
- Magician (Light) – TP
- Student (Light) – TP (also crafted by Tailor)
- Leather (Medium) – TP (also crafted by Leatherwork)
- Outlaw (Medium) – TP (also crafted by Leatherwork)
- Privateer (Medium) – TP
- Rascal (Medium) – TP (also crafted by Leathework)
- Rawhide (Medium) – TP
- Seeker (Medium) – TP
- Studded (Medium) – TP
- Swindler (Medium) – TP
- Chain (Heavy) – TP (also crafted by Armorsmith)
- Chainmail (Heavy) – TP
- Reinforced Scale (Heavy) – TP
- Scale (Heavy) – TP
- Splint (Heavy) – TP
- Tempered Scale (Heavy) – TP
- Worn Chain (Heavy) – TP
- Worn Scale (Heavy) – TP
Bit more expensive (Under 1 gold per piece)
- Conjurer (Light) – TP
- Exalted (Light) – TP (also crafted by Tailor)
- Feathered (Light) – TP (also crafted by Tailor)
- Masquerade (Light) – TP (also crafted by Tailor)
- Winged (Light) – TP (also crafted by Tailor)
- Emblazoned (Medium) – TP ((also crafted by Leatherwork)
- Noble (Medium) – TP (also crafted by Leatherwork)
- Prowler (Medium) – TP (also crafted by Leatherwork)
- Banded (Heavy) – TP
- Barbaric (Heavy) – TP (also crafted by Armorsmith)
- Gladiator (Heavy) – TP also crafted by Armorsmith)
- Tier 1 Cultural armor for each race (2 gold 88 silver per race)
Expensive (Quite a bit of gold)
- Tier 2 Cultural armor for each race (7 gold 10 silver per set)
- Tier 3 Cultural armor for each race (119 gold per set)
- Order armor (8 gold 88 silver per set)
- Air Filtration Device – TP
- Deathly Shoulders – TP
- Island Shoulder
- Southsun Mask – TP
- Craft your own Ascended armor
Cheap (a few silver per piece)
- Glyphic (T1 Asura/Sylvari cultural) – TP
- Krytan (T1 Human cultural) – TP
- Orrian – TP
- Shiverpeak (T1 Norn Cultural) – TP
- Steam (T1 Charr Cultural) – TP
- Bronze (Crafted)- TP
- Iron (Crafted) – TP
- Darksteel (Crafted)– TP
- Mithril (Crafted)– TP
- Green (Crafted)– TP
- Soft (Crafted)– TP
- Hard (Crafted)– TP
- Elder (Crafted)-– TP
Bit more expensive (Under 1 gold per piece)
- Aureate (T2 Human Cultural) – TP
- Bandit – TP
- Beaded (crafted) – TP
- Dredge (crafted) – TP
- Flame (T2 Charr Cultural) – TP
- Godskull (crafted) – TP
- Krait (crafted) – TP
- Norn (T2 Norn Cultural) – TP
- Verdant (T2 Asura/Sylvari) – TP
There also also a tons of exotic weapons, Order weapons, weapon skins from previous releases that you can purchase. The only limit is how much bling bling you are carrying.