SWTOR Patch 2.8 Spoils of War PTS Patch notes
SWTOR Patch 2.8 PTS patch notes round 2. Patch 2.8 is titled Spoils of War
Today we updated the build of Game Update 2.8 on the Public Test Server. Below are the changes made to the existing notes (which will be updated with the new information shortly).
Group Finder Operations have been redesigned! Story Mode Operations are now more accessible to endgame players (levels 50 – 55). The Operations section in the Group Finder window will list available Operations on a predetermined schedule, rotating in different Operations every few days. Players who meet the level requirement of the Operation will be Bolstered, removing the requirement for endgame gear. Rewards have also been improved, making this a great opportunity for players to earn Ultimate Commendations and experience new content!
Classes + Combat
- Mind Warp has been reverted to its live functionality, and now increases the duration of Mind Crush by 1/2 seconds.
- Mass Mind Control will now taunt NPC’s while Combat Technique is active, and lower threat when Combat Technique is not active.
- Combat Technique, Force Technique, and Shadow Technique no longer require 100 Force to activate, and instead uses all available Force regardless of amount.
- Containment now lowers the cast time of Force Lift by 0.5/1.0 seconds while Force Technique is active.
- Mental Defense now causes Mass Mind Control to grant a 15%/30% reduction in damage taken by the Shadow for 6 seconds, along with its other effects.
- Force Strike now has a 100% chance to activate on melee attacks (Up from 60%)
- Mental Scarring has been reverted to its live functionality, and no longer grants a bonus to Mind Crush while the target is affected by the player’s Sever Force.
- Crush Spirit now grants a 15%/30% chance for periodic damage over time effects to trigger Crush Spirit, which finishes the cooldown of Spinning Strike and makes your next Spinning Strike usable on a target at any health level.
- Lingering Nightmares has been reverted to its live functionality, and now increases the duration of Crushing Darkness by 1/2 seconds.
- Mass Mind Control will now taunt NPC’s while Dark Charge is active, and lower threat when Dark Charge is not active.
- Lightning Charge, Dark Charge, and Surging Charge no longer require 100 Force to activate, and instead uses all available Force regardless of amount.
- Haunted Dreams now lowers the cast time of Whirlwind by 0.5/1.0 seconds while Lightning Charge is active.
- Shapeless Spirit now causes Mass Mind Control to grant a 15%/30% reduction in damage taken by the Assassin for 6 seconds, along with its other effects.
- Raze now has a 100% chance to activate on melee attacks (up from 60%).
- Creeping Death has been reverted to its live functionality, and no longer grants a bonus to Crushing Darkness while the target is affected by the player’s Creeping Terror.
- Bloodletting now grants a 15%/30% chance for periodic damage over time effects to trigger Bloodletting, which finishes the cooldown of Assassinate and makes your next Assassinate usable on a target at any health level.
- K.O. now also allows Shoot First to interrupt the target.
- Slippery Devil now offers 15%/30% reduction in area of effect damage in addition to its other bonuses.
- Surprise Comeback now offers a 10%/20% damage received reduction while Stim Boosters is active in addition to the healing effects.
- Jarring Strike now also allow Hidden Strike to interrupt the target.
- Shadow Operative Elite now offers 15%/30% reduction in area of effect damage in addition to its other bonuses.
- Revitalizers now offers a 10%/20% damage received reduction while Stim Boosters is active in addition to the healing effects.
Flashpoints + Operations
- Players who are defeated in an Operation now have the option to spawn inside of the instance when all other players in the group are out of combat.
- Players accessing Operations through Group Finder will now be Bolstered to an appropriate gear rating while inside the Operation. This Bolster effect will also provide increased incoming healing and increased shield chance and shield absorb.
- Operations in Group Finder will now group players for the 16-Player Story Mode version of the Operation.
- The Operation category of the Group Finder now rotates through a different available Operation throughout the week. A timer in the window indicates the time the current Operation is available.
- Dread Fortress and Dread Palace have been added to the Operation rotation.
- Adjusted Dread Master Tyran’s Inferno ability to make it more friendly to melee characters.
- The Empowering Energy now always spawns the same distance from Dread Master Calphayus regardless of where he is in the room.
- The Empowering Energy now vanishes when the ability "Dark Empowerment" is interrupted.
- The Galactic Starfighter Daily Mission now additionally rewards 40 Fleet Commendations.
- The Galactic Starfighter Weekly Mission now additionally rewards 90 Fleet Commendations.
- The Starship Upgrade vendors S-1A0 (Imperial) and S-4S0 (Republic) have been changed to Fleet Commendation vendors.
- The inventory of Fleet Commendation vendors has been updated:
- All PvE Starship Upgrades have been moved to the Starship Upgrade vendor.
- The Pilot Suits sold by this vendor no longer have Social level requirements.
- Reduced the cost of the Legacy Item Kits sold by this vendor.
- Merged Grade 6/7/8 crafting Lockboxes into a single "Level 50" crafting lockbox containing 3 random types of crafting materials.
- Removed Level 50 Premium and Prototype equipment lockboxes. Reduced the cost of the Level 50 Artifact equipment lockbox.
- Added a new lockbox that contains a Rating 144 Prototype item modification, identical to the one purchased from the Makeb Planetary Commendation vendor.
- Added a new lockbox that contains a rating 140 Item Modification, identical to the one purchased from the Makeb Planetary Commendation vendor. This lockbox is weighted so that it is more likely to contain Modifications appropriate to your class.
- Added a new Level 55 Crafting lockbox that contains 3 random types of Grade 9 or 10 crafting materials.
Items + Economy
- Serendipitous Assault and Focused Retribution Relics no longer activate from both dealing damage and healing within the same rate limit.
- Master Hunter’s Headgear has been given voice modulation.
- The Imperial version of the Battlemaster Force-Mystic’s Headgear has been given a more appropriate voice modulation.