GW2 Developers are looking into Build Templates
Evan Lesh, Gameplay Programmer for Arenanet, has expressed interest in build templates and is asking the community for suggestions.
We absolutely want to make build templates. They could work similar to GW1, but there are more components to a build now. Using the old string-code method may prove to be unwieldy.
Things that must be in a template:
What could be in a template:
Things to consider:
- Sharing (chat links? codes? urls?)
- Viewing (seeing some else’s vs. seeing your own)
- Saving (notepad vs. local vs. account vs. web)
- Building (one spot in UI vs. multiple spots)
- Websites (third-party sites should work with in-game)
- APIs (Could expose an API to third-parties)
- PvP vs PvE vs WvW (each mode requires different configuration options)
How would you like to see any/all of these work?