GW2 Story Journal Developer Livestream notes and images on the new story journal for living world season 2.
- Kate Welch – UI Designer
- Colin Johanson – Game Director
- Mike Zadorojny – Design Lead
Living World Season 2
- Hidden nuggets/easter eggs in Season 2 that ties back to GW1 Lore
- Meta achievements are taken away – Achievements are now unlocked when you complete the episode. It is more skill based.
- We don’t expect everyone to do all of them since some of them are really tough.
- Achievements are optional, it is not required to complete the story episode.
- Living World episodes are unlocked for free forever, as long you login for a few seconds during the episode timeframe. If you missed it, pay 200 gems to unlock it.
- Season 2 will keep the best part of season 1 – the world can evolve and change.
- A lot more permanent content in season 2.
- Open world content is available to everyone to play. Journal itself will give you access to the story instances for the episodes.
- If you want to play with a past episode with a friend who have not unlocked that episode, you can bring them in but they won’t get any rewards or story progress or achievements.
- We would love to add season 1 to journal but it is a lot of work since season 1 was not built with the journal in mind. Someday, it is just a matter of when.
- Some of the stuff in season 1 required tons of players so need to be redesigned to fit into the journal.
- Some thing are temporary in season 2 as well to help setup the theme/environment for the next episode (i..e the whole teaser for the release of Southsun Cove)
- Season 2 is modeled after TV episodes format. You can tune in to watch it live or play it another time once you have unlocked it.
- Achievements in season 2 can be completed anytime just like the story episode.
The Living World Story journal is in the hero panel.
You can scroll down to a particular episode you have unlocked and play it.
Once you have completed the episode, you will unlock the rewards and can do the optional achievements.
Episodes can be replayed. Instances that can be replayed show up as purple stars on the map.