GW2 Dry Top Achievements Guide
GW2 Dry Top Achievements Guide. Dry Top is a new zone introduced with the Gates of Maguuma patch.This is a work in progress
Note: This is a work in progress, missing achievements will be added soon.
Prospect Valley Crash Site Climber/Dive Master: Prospect Valley
- See this guide on the jumping puzzle and Dive Master achievement
Hit and Run
- You need to wait in the event area for the event where Inquests collect crystal shards. Once this event occurs (about every 20 minutes), you need to pick up the rocks nearby to hit an inquest with a yellow kite. Both the inquest and rocks are limited in number so if everyone picks up the rocks or kill the inquest too fast you are bummed out of the achievement and have to wait.
Legendary Llama Locator
- The Llama is inside an abandoned mine controlled by inquest. The door is not always open so if the doors are closed you need to wait out. Once the doors are open, you need to go inside and see if there are sun crystals inside. If not, you will need to kill Inquest Prisons to free prisoners who will spawn Sun Crystals once theyw are freed.
- Using the Sun Crystal, your goal is to dash to the end of the quicksand river and get up by the wall on the left. This may take a few tries. Once you are up, keep climbing until you see the Legendary Llama for the achievement.
Coin Collector: Prospect Valley
- This guide only contains map, images and video of all 30 Lost Coin locations. The path have also being optimized to reduce backtracking. The video is also linked below.
- There are two ways to do this. The first one is the “cheese” way in which you group up with other players (especially elementalists and guardians) and basically heal each other.
- The second method is of course the harder method in which you do it solo, using builds for max heals.
- Quicksand damage seems to tick based on a % of your HP so high vitality gear isn’t ideal. Berserker or gear with heal power will do good. Skills that grant you invulnerability won’t work here to negate the damage.
- Note that the Mesmer build is my, the rest of the builds are what I copied off the official forums of what other players have used.
- Mesmers: You are basically using a Mantra Build with Restorative Mantra and Mantra Mastery traits. This allow your mantras to heal you on activation and your mantra recharge is greatly reduced. Make sure you have 6 points into Inspiration for maximum heal power. The video below will show you the exact process for a mesmer.
- Warriors: Defense 6 [3-Sure Footed , 11-Defy Pain], Tactics 6 [2- Lung Capacity, 7-Shrug it off, 12-Vigorous Shouts]. Slot skills: Defiant Stance and shouts.
- Thief: CS: 2 (VI), SA: 6 (III – V – XI), Acro: 6 (VI – VIII – XI). Use Hide in Stealth, Blinding Powder, and Shadow Refuge. Just time out your stealth heals to maximize your hp/s
- Elementalist: Use staff build to heal. Wait 5 ticks: use #3 and #5 heal. Wait 5 more ticks: use #6 heal
- Necromancer: 0/0/2/6/6, IV, III, IX, X, II, VIII, XII Well of blood, other wells… used well after about three hits, and then entered full death shroud at 6k HP left.
- Guardian: Tome of Courage
- Ranger: Summon the elite spirit with 5 in NM to get regen and at about 50% HP pop Troll Unguent.
- Engineer: Just use A.E.D at low HP.
- Monk: Just Kidding
The Hunt of Buried Treasure: Prospect Valley
You can only get this achievement when the zone is covered with sandstorms. Basically for every hour, the first 40 minutes will be peaceful while the next 20 minutes are sandstorms. During Sandstorms, Buried Locked Chests spawn from a few places throughout the zone and can be opened for achievement and loot. The keys can be brought from Zephyrite merchants in exchange for Geodes you get for completing events and story instances.
Here are some of the possible spots.
Sparring Rock Master
For this achievement, you will need to defeat Nochtli, a frog boss, without getting knocked off the sparring platform. Stablity, Blinds and Evades really helps and a thief can make this achievement much easier by spamming blinds.
Nochtli event spawns around every 15 minutes at roughly 5 minutes, 20 minutes and 35 minutes past the hour. You will need to talk to Nochtli inside his cave to trigger the event before running up or follow Nochtli to his sparring platform.
Nochtli have 4 attacks you need to beware of. He cycles through these attacks and repeat them.
- Engineers can drop their Mortar which give anyone that uses it a 2 minute stability buff, making this achievement quite easy.
1. Frontal Cone
- Usually the first attack and fairly easy to avoid.
2. 180 Degree Spin attack
- Follows immediately after the frontal cone, this is a much narrow cone that Nochtli spins around in a 180 degree angle in a counterclockwise direction. You will need to run in a semi circule around Nochtli to avoid this attack.
3. “Rain drops”
This is the attack where Nochtli goes invul and jumps up in the air. He will rain down some small aoe attacks but they seems to be easy to avoid as long you can see the platform.
4. Platform wide AoE
This is the most problematic AoE as it covers the entire platform. You will need to use stability or evades here but blinds are also extremely effective to cause Nochtli to miss. This is a series of 3 AoEs so you will need to have something that can last long enough.
- You can also time your jump to avoid the knockback from this AoE.
For this achievement, you will need to get transformed by the Skritt Burglar while opening chests in the area. Skritt Burglar and chests spawn at roughly 40 minutes past the hour, when the sandstorm kicks in. There are a number of possible locations for the chest that will spawn the Skritt Burglar.
- The goal here is not to kill the skritt quickly but rather use auto-attacks until you get transformed into a llama for the achievement. Do not use pets or clones or they may get transformed instead.
Map of Locations
Possible Location #1
- Fairly common spawn location and close to the waypoint
Possible Location #2
- Pic provided by Geekfox
Possible Location #4
- Pic provided by Geekfox
Possible Location #5
- Pic provided by Geekfox