A guide to the achievements for the Gates of Maguuma living story release on July 1.
Note: You must complete the story instance once before the achievements unlock. Don’t try to aim for the achievements the first time you are playing the story instance as they are still locked. Once you played through once, you can replay any of the specific instances for achievements by heading to purple circles on the map (1 in Brisban, 2 in Dry Top)
Disturbance in Brisban Wildlands
No One Left Behind – 5 pts
- Fairly easy achievement as long you engage the Inquest far from the two Seraph repair workers. Defend the Seraph workers comes right after Defend the eastern pass from the Inquest so drop whatever you are doing and start head to the green circle area immediately before the Inquest can get come too close to the repair workers.
- After about three waves of Inquest on the north side, the workers will switch to the east side and you will need to switch immediately to defend that side. The NPCs will handle the north side and keep the remaining Inquest occupied.
- There are two workers that need to be protected
No Shocks Here – 5 pts
- Do not get hit by projectiles from Veteran Experimental Mark I Golem’s static field. The static field is when he drops a transparent field around him and start spinning with silvery bolts coming out in a 360 direction.
- You can get this achievement by staying at max range at all times and stay away from the golem when he drops his static shield. There is a slight delay before he starts shooting out bolts that give you time to back away.
- Watch video of A Shocking Development as it covers both achievements.
A Shocking Development – 5 pts
- When the Golem starts spinning while inside his Static Shield, he will give charges to his golemite adds. To get this achievement, the Golem must absorb his charges back. This occurs when he cleanses the golemites around him. After he absorb a certain number of charges, he becomes greatly weakened and you get this achievement.
- Normally, you would need to stack directly on top of the golem so all the golemite adds are nearby. However, if you are staying at max range for the No Shocks Here achievement, you might be able to stay out of the aggro range of the golemites and get both achievement at once (see video). Otherwise, you may need to replay this instance twice, once for the No Shocks here achievement and another time for A Shocking Development.
No Rock Unturned– 1 pt
1. When you are given the air leap crystal, go left and you will find your first one. After destroying it just jump down and Kasmeer will port you back to entrance.
2. At the location of the 3rd clue, you will find one in the structure/bamboo stacks behind.
3-4. They are both in the dust mite area. One is in a corner and the other is slightly below in the opposite direction.
Zephyr’s Leap and Zephyr’s Ascent – 1 pt each
- The video below will guide you to these two achievements but I have written down some important parts as well
- Note that there is a “cheese” way to do this one by running over the air crystal near the start of the instance over and over until you get about 1.5 minutes of time on the air leap buff. You can then use the buff to get on top.
- You can no longer go up the jumping puzzle using the normal way so you need to take an alternative route on the left. Once you get up the little hill to the left, you will need to make this tricky jump to the bamboo branch. It may take a lot of tries and I find swiftness helps as long you don’t overshoot.
- For the leap part, you need to make your way to the haypile at the bottom. I don’t know if swiftness helps but I used it to jump further out so I don’t hit the beam on the way down.
Explosive Avoidance – 5 pts
- Seems buggy and giving out achievement even though you get hit by bombs.The idea here is to not get hit by his orange circle attacks – basically bombs and barrels that explode after a few seconds. They are fairly easy to dodge as well. I intentionally let one of his bombs hit me and still got the achievement after the fight ended.
Opportune Moment – 5 pts
- This occurs right before the bone bridge area. After Tamini clear the vines a second time, a bunch of mobs will spawn. As soon as all the mobs are killed, a lighting pull crystal will spawn behind one of the rocks for a few second. Grab it, leap across, and attack Aerin before the bone bridge forms to get this achievement.
Dashed Advantage – 5 pts
- Dashed Advantage occurs in the third and final time you fight Aerin. You need to get Aerin to sub 50% so he triggers his shield and sun crystals start to spawn. Collect a bunch of air crystals first and then leap to this ledge to collect sun crystals. At the other end of the ledge is a secret door only accessible if you dash through with the sun ability (remember to detarget Aerin so you don’t dash in the wrong direction). Once you are inside, kill the golem ASAP before he run off with the crystal. After the golem, clear all the inquest mobs for achievement.