GW2 Points of interest Episode 2 Livestream notes. Points of Interest is a living story biweekly show from Arenanet.
Twitch Link: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/544178094
- Kate Welch – Host
- Theo Nguyen – Game Designer
- Angel McCoy – Narrative Designer
The artworks below came from Tyrian Cartographer (Tumblr)
Season Two EP1 Overview (Spoilers)
- Something going on Brisban Wildlands. Assumed to be bandits but something else going on – giant vines making life difficult.
- Run into Belinda, Marjory’s sister, who is with the Seraph. You get a chance to talk her and her boss. She is sent back to Fort Salma and you proceed to Dry Top
- A Zephyrite ship has crashed in Dry Top, some dead, some dying. Survivors taken to a town called Prosperity, which appears to be some sort of criminal frontier town with some miners who are digging the mines for copper.
- Villains are Inquest who are interested in the wreckage that is scattered across the map.
- Dry Top is based on zephyrite movement skills. It is more of an active open world stuff. Some environmental challenges.
- Once you get into Prosperity, you discover that Scarlet was here and you have the opportunity to look at her old house.
- The main story is finding out who caused the crash of the Zephyrites.
What did you work on specifically?
- Theo: General direction of the story and content pieces. I worked extensively on the crash site investigation with Kasmeer and Marjory
- Angel: Text from all the Living Story characters (Rox, Marjory, Kasmeer etc). Other writers did the text for the ambient NPCs. I also did the story instance at the end where you find Scarlet’s house with help from other designers. Dialogue is configured to your race and profession as well.
Favourite Parts of the episode?
- Angel: Scarlet’s house because it gave me opportunity to lay down the backstory and tie in some characters from GW1. It allow me to tackle some topics I had on the shelf for up to a year and really get them out there.
- Theo: Seeing the gang of living story characters getting together – Rox, Braham, Marjory, Kasmee, Taimi etc.
Easter Egg hidden in this content?
- There are a bunch of things you would not have noticed unless you stumble upon them. Like Kasmeer’s house in DR in Origins of Madness release and Belinda in Attack on Lion’s Arch release. Scarlet’s house also have hints for what is to come. When you do the investigation and find a dying zephyite (Morning) that is lying. Why would a dying character lie? You will find out soon.
- Angel: Scarlet Hologram- some people are not seeing it. If you are interested in her story, find it.
Most challenging achievement?
- Theo: Zephyr’s Ascent – my idea but designed by Josh Foreman.
- Angel: She got this gift since Tower of Nightmares. Her powers are growing. She can tell sometimes when someone is lying. That is going to an important piece for Kasmeer story. You should be really paying attention to this.
Personal Story and Living Story
- This living story release assume you have completed the Personal story. Currently your alts will also need to do the living story once to unlock achievements for them.
- Saboteur’s origin – who he is, who is he working for? He was an NPC running around in Zephyr Sanctum in the previous release. He was super pumped to join the Zephyrites. It seems something happened to him between the previous release and this release. Why did he do this? Some sort of insanity took over him. He has similar symptoms to what Scarlet had.
- Why was Scarlet’s in Prosperity years ago?
- Why was the dying Zephyrite lying? What does she stand to gain from lying when she is dying.