SWTOR Galactic Living Ep 3 Livestream Notes
SWTOR Galactic Living Ep3 livestream and Q&A notes. This livestream features Eric Musco’s excellent decorating skills with Courtney. There are some Q&A and legacy storage info as well.
Twitch link: http://www.twitch.tv/swtor/b/548497416
Clarification on 4 stronghold limit
This thread seems like a good place to clarify the 4 Stronghold limit. At the launch of Strongholds, in 2.9, you will have a maximum of 4 Strongholds. This number does not count the Guild Flagship and Guild Stronghold that a Guild leader can attain as well. This means that you can have all of it without hitting any limits. (I should note that each Guild can only have 1 Stronghold and 1 Flagship)
The reason that we have this in place, is performance. Simply put, we do not know how it will affect game performance to have more than 4 Strongholds until we get in and test it. None of which matters currently unless we add another Stronghold. It is always possible that if we release another Stronghold that we will test it, and it will have no performance hit and that the 4 limit will be raised so players can continue to have all of the Strongholds. We can cross that bridge however, when and if we get there.
TLDR – At launch you can have every Stronghold without issue and should there be a need to raise the 4 Stronghold limit, we will definitely test to see if we can!
Hope that clears things up!
- Rooms already exist inside a house but you cannot access them unless you unlock them first by interacting with the door of a specific room and pay the unlocking cost.
- Stronghold items that give you buffs? No items like that. Strongholds do give you rested XP.
- Fleet chat in strongholds or riot? Our current decision is still planetary chat.
- Can you become Kephess? Yes
- All strongholds have massive hooks to fit in ships. Some of them have roofs that may not fit the ship perfectly.
- Can we choose which room we unlock as the subscriber rewards? No, it is static and same for everyone.
- Can we have extra gold key to share with other players to help us decorate? Not at the moment.
- How many rooms does Nar Shaddaa have overall? 9 rooms max.
- Will guild strongholds have different layout than player strongholds? No, guild strongholds will use the same setup.
- Harvesting plots in Tatooine stronghold? This is not farmville.
- Does staircase count as a room? Not sure.
- Can you place companions of your other characters (classes) while decorating or do you have to be on that class? I think you have to be on that class.
- How many decorations you get when you finish the starter quest? I will try to get a list of all the items you get.
- If you have two warriors for example, can you place like multiple companions? I am positive you cannot place multiple copies of your companions but I am not sure if you place say Kaliyo on your agent and if you switch to your warrior and it switches to Jaesa for example.
- Decoration drops, is it like mounts where only one copy drop per boss? Not positive but most likely
- Ingame events in Strongholds? Ingame events that come back will have decoration items added to them.
- Can you rename your stronghold? You can’t rename it but there are some stuff you can do to tie around it.
- If I place an item in one stronghold, will that item be unavailable in the other strongholds? Yes, you do have a limited amount.
- New section on the legacy interface for strongholds? No because there is a stronghold interface.
- Stronghold crafting done by current crafting skils? Yes
- Is there a giant reset button? I don’t think there is one.
- Will items unlocked with achievements automatically go 50/50 in terms of item count. I am not sure about this.
- Features to control the lighting of the room? Not currently, but there are some features you can use to adjust small area of the room.
- Why would you want to deactivate the stronghold? At launch there is a limit of 4 strongholds active per legacy. If we release more strongholds in the future you need to deactivate one. I am not sure if the guild strongholds count against that but I don’t think so.
- What is the point of getting different strongholds? All the strongholds are dramatically different and some are more cross-faction accessible.
- Do you have to be on the character that unlocked the decoration to place it. No, it unlocks into the legacy.
- Is there a way to preview a stronghold before purchasing? I don’t think so, but I am not sure.
- Do we get a free emote to sit in chair? Yes it is a free /chair emotes.
- PvP/PvE terminals? I am not positive if they are in there. I do know there are GTNs, crafting tables etc.
- Why does limit for the strongholds exist? It is purely a technical limit.
- Will hooks be added to character starships? Nope. You can decorate strongholds and guild flagships
- Can I get multiple copies of the same stronghold? Don’t think so but that is a good question.
- New cartel pack shipment for strongholds? Yes
- When you deactivate a stronghold, do you loose the unlocked rooms? No.
- Can I invite F2P players to my stronghold during early access? Yes they can visit.
- Max number of tabs in legacy storage? I don’t know.
- Training dummies in strongholds? I don’t know
- When you complete your starter quest for strongholds, you will get a legacy storage unit. It does not allow you to BoP items currently. There are some discussions internally if you can place BoP items in the future. You can place any BoE/crafting components etc.
- If you want to craft something, the priority is inventory –> cargo hold –> legacy storage
- Can you store credits in legacy storage? Not sure, need to check.