GW2 Points of Interest Ep3 Livestream Notes featuring Kate Welch, Peter Fries, Tami Foote, and Josh Foreman.
- Kate Welch – Host
- Peter Fries – Writer
- Tami Foote – Environment Artist
- Josh Foreman – Environment Design Specialist
What Did you work on?
- Josh – Most of the outsideish environment – canyons, oasis, desert. I am a map artist and moving props around and sticking them in right arrangement. I also did the Lost Coins stuff with Lisa. I find the places I want the coins to be placed in.
- Tami – Ley Line Hub, Scarlet’s Tunnels, Fort Salma, Concordia instances. Same thing as Josh pretty much.
- Peter – I was a writer that worked with other writers on the story. Angel tend to take stuff that deal with main characters and I did the more open world stuff – event dialogue etc. I wrote some dialogue for a quaggan panhandler and put him outside the bar in the town. I did this knowing that he was going to die in 2 weeks. I was laughing it the whole time while writing this dialogue and I thought it would be funny to let players give coin to him. I was curious what players would do, are they just keep giving him things?
Favourite Part of this episode
- Peter – I like the maps, walking to the oasis for example.
- Kate – The end cinematic.
- Tami- I like the vine destruction. It is fun to see everything destroyed by vines and stuff. It is basically the stuff I did.
- Josh – I enjoyed the desert and building the town knowing it would be destroyed. If I am designing something I know to be destroyed soon, it is a logistical nightmare as you need to make destroyed and not destroyed parts.
Any secret things in this episode you feel players might overlook?
- Josh – Never happens because we always hide things and within 20 minutes it is on Dulfy
Freedom to design stuff?
- Tami – Brisbane – I wasn’t given a lot of directions by the designer (just need an entrance here and an exit here) so I had freedom to design how I want. Along the way there was a lot of feedback and iterative process.
Golem reading bedtime stories to Quaggans right before they are killed by Peter Fries. The next picture is a baby Sylvari Hound.
Coffee4CR – New books in the Durmund Priory (3 added, one about leyline, one about Scarlet and one about waypoints). Adding the books of current events to their library is a great idea. Is it something that Anet will be keep adding?
Peter: We will be keep adding these lore bits. Angel added these books and some the lore stuff around Scarlet’s house/tunnel.
Plagiarized – Changes in season 2 compared to season 1 in how you handle the lore?
Peter: We have more instances in season 2 to work with and allow us to pack stories in tighter spaces. This way we can make sure players see it in front them as they go through the instance. Having a story arc that span over many episodes allow us to plan it ahead. We are changing things until the very last second.
Ranique – Scarlet’s have several hidden bases in Tyria. Are there any leftover Scarlet technology that could be used in the future?
Peter: It is likely you will see more of that in the future.
- Going through Omadd’s machine, I thought as a real person that I might go insane. What is my character seeing/hearing? If Scarlet went crazy, what if my character is insane?
- Where Mordremeth going to attack? Is he going to drain all the magic?
- Marjory’s sister death going to affect the relationship between Marjory and Kasmeer and rest of the group?
- Where is this map going to take us?
Player Speculation from last week
- Scarlet making Twisted Marionette is a cry for help rather than attack. She was letting us know she was being manipulated and being a puppet.
- Fewer waypoints in this release and start of Jurassic Park. More running time because of fewer waypoints?