GW2 Explorer achievements guide for Dragon’s Reach Part I. Both Iron Marches and Frostgorge Sound achievements are not available.
Mordrem Problems – 5 pts
There are five events you need to hit up in Iron Marches for this achievement, they are collecting samples, rescue workers, Mordrem wolf, Mordrem champion (thrasher) and Gravelash. Unlike most other events, you cannot see them on the map unless you are really close to their location.
- Collecting sample event is bugged and seems to never spawn in the area it is suppose to. However, you might be able to talk to a nearby NPC to bypass the event. In any case, it is just west of Brandwatch Encampment Waypoint [&BOkBAAA=]
- Rescue workers event is just Viper’s Run Waypoint [&BOoBAAA=]
- Gravelash and Champion spawn close together west of Vlllage of Scalecatch Waypoint [&BOcBAAA=]. The champion does path a lot so check the entire area to see if he is around.
- Wolf spawn in the south end of map east of Old Piken Ruins Waypoint [&BOQBAAA=]
Bottoms Up – 5 pts
This achievement is easiest to get in small groups or when solo. The Mordrem champion (Thrasher) only drops the nectars when he has aggro on someone in melee range. The nectars will appear a few seconds after he spawns a poison pool right under him that you have to dodge out of as it ticks really hard.
- The gear icon is gone when the first player collects it but the nectar still remains for a few seconds and others can still interact for credit. Hold down ctrl to find their nameplates once the gear icons are gone.
- The champion respawns after 3-4 minutes so you can keep trying him until you get the achievement
Toxicity Tramper – 5 pts
I got this achievement by staying at max range and just killed the Champion with a zerg. It becomes really easy to obtain in large groups and at max range as the Champion will rarely have aggro on you and you never get the poison from any of his attacks.
Finish What You Started– 5 pts
There are five events and they are all part of a chain called Breaking the Ice. It starts at Coiled Watch in Frostgorge Sound.
- Drive the Sons of Svanir from Coiled Watch and Defend Coiled Watch are the first two events.
- The next event is Escort the explosive-laden dolyaks to the Barrowstead.
- The last two events are in Barrowstead: Destroy the totem foci to stop the Svanir corruption ritual and Defeat the Dragon Shamans to destroy their totem before Svanir reinforcements arrive.
Not On my Watch – 5 pts
This achievement is associated with two events: Drive the Sons of Svanir from Coiled Watch and Defend Coiled Watch. Just make sure the NPCs are not dead when the event is near completion as they need to be alive when the event completes for you to get credit. They can die during the event, just rez them ASAP.
Boomyaks – 5 pts
There are 3 Dolyaks you need to escort to Barrowstead, just keep them alive. With a large zerg that can attack enemies before they reach dolyaks, this one should be easy as well.