SWTOR Galactic Starfighter changes in 3.0
While there won’t be any new maps or new ships for Galactic Starfighter in 3.0, requisition will be getting a major boost to make it easier to acquire.
Galactic Starfighter changes in 3.0? | 10.08.2014, 09:01 AM
Howdy Space Jockeys! I wanted to pop in and let y’all know that there aren’t going to be any new maps or ships for GSF in 3.0. However, we are making a change to the Requisition curve in that all the Requisition rewards are getting a permanent boost. Remember though (because Musco would kill me if I didn’t say this) that this change is subject to testing and not final in any way. Here is a list of the changes for the Requisition that are going into 3.0 as of right now:
Fleet and Ship Requisition Increased
In-Match Reward Calculations
- Fleet Requisition Multiplier increased by 50% (0.1->0.15)
- Requisition Objective Control Attacking Multiplier increased by 50% (60->90)
- Requisition Objective Control Defense Multiplier increased by 50% (0.2->0.3)
- Requisition Objective Destroy Defense Multiplier increased by 50% (0.3->0.4)
- Requisition Participation Multiplier increased by 50% (0.15->0.2)
- Major Fleet Requisition Grant increased by 400% (1000->5000)
- Fleet Requisition Grant increased by 25% (500->625)
- Minor Fleet Requisition Grant increased by ~25% (250->313)
- Major Ship Requisition Grant increased by 25% (2500->3125)
- Minor Ship Requisition Grant increased by ~25% (750->938)
The reason we wanted to do this adjustment to Requisition Gain is we found while playing and sifting through the data that the ramp up time for new and moderate GSF players was taking too long and those players couldn’t match up against veterans most of the time, despite skill level. So we wanted to get players into the meaty part of the leveling curve and into a ship they really wanted to play faster. So with this goal in mind, after finishing the introduction quest players will be granted enough Fleet Requisition to purchase any ship (not the Cartel Market ones though) they’d like. In addition to aid experienced players, daily, weekly and, in-match objectives now give greater requisition rewards so players at any point in the level curve can move along it at quicker pace. For the hardcore GSF players the goal is that this change will increase the amount of players sticking to GSF and thus increase the queue pool. More matches and more bogies to take out!
While we are excited about this change we want to do additional GSF content and balancing (we’ve been reading the GSF forum every week gathering feedback on what y’all want to see) but there is no timetable currently.
We hope everyone enjoys these requisition changes and it makes GSF overall more enjoyable from the player just getting their wings to the battle scarred Aces. Looking forward to y’alls feedback! Cheers!