SWTOR Rishi Datacron and Secret Achievements Guide

SWTOR Rishi Hidden Achievements and Datacrons Guide. Special thanks to K’ami and SWTOR_Miner for their help in deciphering the puzzle!

Step One – Three Little Grophets

Do you want to become the big bad wolf of Rishi? Here is your chance to murder 3 little grophets and earn yourself the legacy title <The Wolf of Rishi>.

There are three rare spawn champion Grophets scattered across Rishi. They have a 5% chance to spawn from the regular Grophet placeholders at specific locations. The placeholders are single Grophets with a 4 minutes and 30 seconds respawn. Each will give you an achievement and earning all 3 achievements will give you another achievement and the legacy title.

For the datacron, you must loot the Data Packet from these Champion Grophets. They are tradeable and only 1 drops per Lost Grophet but only one person in the group need it. You need all 3 data packets from all 3 Lost Grophets

Straugh the Grophet

• Horizon Island (-441, –237)
  • Drops Data Packet that embed sequence one decryption signatures neurally.
  • Achievement: The Last Straugh (5 pts)

swtor-straugh-the-grophetswtor-straugh-the-grophet-3swtor-straugh-the-grophet-2

Wupp the Grophet

• Sky Ridge Island (186, –2331)
  • Drops Data Packet that embed sequence two decryption signatures neurally.
  • Achievement: Where’s Wudd (10 pts)

swtor-wupp-the-grophetswtor-wupp-the-grophet-2swtor-wupp-the-grophet-3

Breck the Grophet

• Sky Ridge Island (-374, –2211)
  • Drops Data Packet that embed sequence three decryption signatures neurally.
  • Achievement: A Breck House (20 pts)

swtor-breck-the-grophetswtor-breck-the-grophet-2swtor-breck-the-grophet-3

Achievement – Three Not So Little Grophets

• You managed to find and defeat all of the lost grophets of Rishi
  • Legacy Title: The Wolf of Rishi
  • 50 pts

swtor-three-not-so-little-grophets

Before you proceed to step two, make sure you have the following three Data Packets in your inventory

swtor-data-packet

Step Two – Crystal Skulls

Once you or someone in your group have al 3 Data Packets (all 3 must be on the same person), head to the Crystal Skull on slave island (you use the clickable crate at Skyline Falls Camp to reach it). The skull is located on top of some rocks so you need to go around to reach it.

swtor-crystal-skull-2swtor-cybernetic-skull-2swtor-crystal-skull

Consume the 3 Data Packets to gain 3 buffs and then interact with the Cybernetic Skull. This will give you a buff that allow you to interact with another skull object on another island safely.

swtor-cybernetic-skullswtor-neural-imprint-buff

Step Three – Deep Sea Pheromone

Head back to Raider’s Cove Tradeport. You will find a clickable Deep Sea Phermones among a pile of rubble up top at location (862, 158)

swtor-deep-sea-pheromoneswtor-deep-sea-pheromone-2

This will give you the achievement and legacy title

Achievement – Smell of the Sea

• You found a bottle of pheromones. They smell incredible.
  • Legacy Title: Incredible Smell Discoverer
  • 50 pts

swtor-smell-of-the-sea-achievement

You should now have 2 buffs, the Neural Imprint buff and Incredible Smell buff.

swtor-deep-sea-pheromone-3

Step Four – Unique Rock Formation

Go back to Sky Ridge Island and interact with this Unique Rock Formation next to some skulls. It will scan you but since you have the Neural Imprint buff it won’t give you a poisonous DoT. This rock will lit up a blue beam that point you towards the Anchored Rock nearby.

swtor-unique-rock-formationswtor-unique-rock-formation-2swtor-unique-rock-formation-3

You will also get a 3rd buff called Neural Location that lasts for 19 minutes.

swtor-neural-location

Step Five – Datacrons

The rock the blue beam is pointing to is located here. Interact with this anchored rock to spawn friendly tentacles that will smash the rock open to reveal four datacrons (aim, cunning, strength, willpower) and chests inside.

• Note that sometimes the rock is not clickable for whatever reason.

swtor-anchored-rock-rishi-2swtor-anchored-rock-rishiswtor-rishi-datacrons

1. Xorras
    Dec 02, 2014 @ 17:05:00

So thats what they meant when said
    “It’s not what it seems to be”

2. Archexecutor
    Dec 02, 2014 @ 18:24:00

I can’t tell if I’m happy the new Datacrons don’t need more abysmal jump n run, or if I’m sad that it will require so much farming to get them. Are there any crons on Yavin 4?

Dec 02, 2014 @ 19:03:00

Nothing on Yavin 4

• Archexecutor
        Dec 02, 2014 @ 19:30:00

Oh thank goodness! 🙂 Thank you for the expedient reply!
        Gotta get farming I guess 🙂

• AriesCZ
      Dec 03, 2014 @ 11:24:00

Personally, I would rather jump n run than to wait for a rare spawn that everybody wants

3. John Kosto
    Dec 02, 2014 @ 20:22:00

I only need one Makeb datacron (gladly, not the Endurance one) and the Rishi then to become Datacron Master. Should have done the Makeb one last night I guess xD

• Sadriel_Fett
      Dec 03, 2014 @ 02:46:00

I don’t believe you need the Makeb or any of the new ones to get the Datacron Master title, do you? I got mine before getting any of the Makeb datacrons.

• AriesCZ
        Dec 03, 2014 @ 11:20:00

You need Makeb datacrons, as those came out with the achivement system.
        Anything beyond that, nope

4. Viktor's mask
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 02:21:00

You know those tentacles are not so “friendly” and kill you on sight, all lvl 60 champions, so how is it possible to obtain those datacrons?

Dec 03, 2014 @ 06:39:00

You must have sea pheromone and be the one to click the rock to spawn friendly ones

5. Cassandra
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 03:18:00

Be careful not to “sell junk” with the data packets in your inventory, else you will inadvertently sell them off (with no option to buy back).

• Dalara
      Dec 03, 2014 @ 20:59:00

I had this happen just a moment ago. Very depressing as I have only even seen one of the champions. I put in a ticket with BW, hopefully they will get it back for me.

• mort
      Dec 06, 2014 @ 07:36:00

ive sell one but have lucky and after 3rd another spawns i get payback

6. Stanley White
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 07:36:00

got this quest done just now and there was no chest at the end. also there was no tentacles. one thing that’s cool about this is the buff is an hour so i got all my guild summon here and got them their datacrons. did bioware say if they was going to update the codex for this?

Dec 03, 2014 @ 07:50:00

It was added in late I believe so jsut give the some time to sort it out

7. M@ni@k
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 08:14:00

does the time of the debuffs goes over when I go offline??

8. Xorras
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 08:25:00

I dont get it. Does it even give stats? How much?

9. connis
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 08:28:00

mmm i’m at the first step, are you sure that he cd respawn is only 4.30 mins?, i waited more then 1 hour

10. Riylo
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 08:34:00

The achievements still disappear either on logout or game close.

The datacrons gave at least 10 of their statistic, one for each of the main 4.

• Kez
      Dec 04, 2014 @ 00:00:00

Confirmed with the achievements disappearing! I filed a bug report, hope they put it back on my account as this camping is killing me…

• agliv
        Dec 06, 2014 @ 02:27:00

On the upside, the title hasn’t been disappearing.

11. Anders
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 10:35:00

Can you get these datacrons solo at level 60? Or is it required to team up?

Dec 03, 2014 @ 10:47:00

Can be soloed definitely.

12. Q
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 10:53:00

I found Straugh in 15 min, but Wupp still dont spawn after 5h :/. I reloged after killing first one. Can this affect spawn time of other 2?

• connis
      Dec 03, 2014 @ 11:40:00

got your same probem, after 4 hours the second one still don’t spawn

Dec 03, 2014 @ 11:50:00

Wupp is like that sometimes. He is a bit rarer than the others

• Alrindel
        Dec 06, 2014 @ 06:46:00

He’s not Wupp, he’s Wudd. Straugh, Wudd and Breck… as in Straw, Wood and Brick.

13. Rinea
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 13:18:00

For me, when i click on the Unique Rock Formation i’ll be poisoned, or i have all 3 neural buff and the pheromone. I don’t understand

• Lurtz
      Dec 03, 2014 @ 14:44:00

The three neural buffs should have been exchanged for one buff only on the first skull pile on Slave Island, I’m pretty sure.

• Rinéa
        Dec 03, 2014 @ 16:46:00

Erf … i just didn’t read this line … it’s so humiliating.

Thx lurtz. I missed to switch the 3 buff to 1.

14. Nyarlathotep
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 16:22:00

Just killed Straugh and he didn’t drop a damn thing.

15. agliv
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 21:31:00

I managed to get all 3 Grophets down (after much time camping and some lucky spawns). I had the first two Data Packets in my inventory, but after the third kill, the first two Data Packets disappeared from my inventory. Shortly after the third, disappeared from my inventory as well.

• agliv
      Dec 03, 2014 @ 21:53:00

omg – I think I may have junk vendored the Data Packets – these should really be special inventory items in the middle tab.

• Kez
        Dec 03, 2014 @ 23:58:00

I got my companion to sell junk whilst I waited and he also sold the data package. SO be very careful.

• agliv
          Dec 04, 2014 @ 00:30:00

Too late for that – I’ve sent in a ticket – maybe they’ll be nice and send it back – or change it to a different type of item so this doesn’t happen.

• Cortaxify
            Dec 05, 2014 @ 14:56:00

Same thing happened to me, had 2 packets on 2 different toons and a guildie had the 3rd on his toon. We where planning to get the datacron today but when we logged they where missing and none of us had sold them, Spent several hours on this so sent in a ticket demanding they return them to us.

• agliv
              Dec 05, 2014 @ 15:06:00

I’ve started to recollect them, this time I’m putting them in my legacy bank, just to be sure. If they disappear from there, we’ll know something else is up.

• Cortaxify
                Dec 05, 2014 @ 23:50:00

another guildie of mine had the same thought, stored them all in the legacy cargo and he go to keep em until we used them in a guild run. So that seems to be the best way to keep them…store em in the legacy cargo hold.

16. bagler
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 21:55:00

Is there no datacron on Yavin? Or has it not been found yet?

Dec 03, 2014 @ 23:33:00

No datacron on yavin

• bagler
        Dec 04, 2014 @ 02:35:00

That’s unfortunate. I was hoping they would include more puzzles or exploration type datacrons.

17. stavrakas
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 23:08:00

I’ve been farming the first one for 2 hours and still no luck :/ Do you have to w8 for the silver mob to spawn or does it spawn immediately after you kill the placeholder?

Dec 04, 2014 @ 02:02:00

Wait, every spawn is either named mob or placeholder

18. exxarkuns
    Dec 04, 2014 @ 04:04:00

after reading the comment here i lost interest to do this, i tried to farm the first grophet and it didnt spawn and some people here took like 2-5 hours ZOMG !!

19. Илья Шиманов
    Dec 04, 2014 @ 06:42:00

A very interesting datacron it is… Was doing it with a friend using instance swapping, got lucky with rare spawns getting all 3 packets within 15 minutes.

Wanted to add a couple of details: if you are near the person which consumes the packets you also get the buffs and can do all the steps yorself; before actually bothering with doing next steps check if the rock from step 5 in the water is clickable, if not then switch instance (we had to switch like 4-5 to find the working one); from the chests you get random 178 gear and decent amount of credits

20. Name
    Dec 04, 2014 @ 07:06:00

found an usefull video with the locations … youtu. be/acGQ12xsmSg

21. ChinaMike
    Dec 04, 2014 @ 08:53:00

Dulfy, please add a note, the 3 data packets are marked as junk and will be sold if you sell junk and you may not be able to buy them back. Just happened to a friend after hours of hunting them

22. choco
    Dec 04, 2014 @ 08:55:00

k so i got the datacrons, but all it said was codex entries 90,91,92,93 no stats or anything?

• Maximus White
      Dec 04, 2014 @ 23:47:00

Yeah I went to the spot to check the rock and the datacrons are already exposed and are that exposed on all instances it seems. When clicked, I get the codex but no stat change. I haven’t consumed the packets and gone to see the skull yet so maybe it unglitches after you get all the buffs??!

• claude1864
        Dec 06, 2014 @ 00:25:00

nope. its broken. DId everything as required and nothing changed. The datacrons were still out in the open couldn’t click the rock to get scanned. Swapped instances and got the same thing. Also when I logged in today my achievements were gone and so was my wolf of rishi title

23. Vellin
    Dec 04, 2014 @ 17:18:00

Straugh is kinda bugged. I killed him and it showed that I had the achievement, but when I logged in again the next day, it was gone. So now, I have to stalk him again for the last achievement to get the legacy title. /headdesk At least I have the data packet still? ._.

24. stavrakas
    Dec 04, 2014 @ 19:23:00

Ok I got the datacrons but the codex says 69/70 wtf? I have all of them. Also they did not register (their entries) even though I got the stat boost.

• kimpatsu
      Aug 29, 2015 @ 01:25:00

Do you have the fleet cron from the other faction?

25. darkfather
    Dec 04, 2014 @ 22:28:00

This Datacron is bugged all to heck.
    A) NO stat increase.
    B) NO listing under codex.
    C) I could only click 3 of them. The 4th one said I already clicked it.
    D) Tentacles attack for no reason even though they are supposed to be friendly. Not clicking the treasure even still made them attack two times.

26. Daleaha
    Dec 05, 2014 @ 11:32:00

Same thing happened 2 us but we found a workaround, if it is not clickable spread out and check the other instances till u find 1 that is clickable, (DO NOT CLICK) when everyone has gathered in that instance the person WITH ALL 3 BUFFS clicks, piece of cake
    It also showed that i only got blank codex’s but did receive the +10s, u can confirm this if u have gathered every other datacron, just hover over the 3 mainstats not your own from your character sheet, the total possible is 50 bonus ,(make sure u dont have the force valor buff on) if your at 50 u did recieve the +10’s

• Alkuzar
      Dec 05, 2014 @ 17:03:00

Are you positive about the 50 bonus? I have to say i haven’t checked before hand.

• Daleaha
        Dec 05, 2014 @ 22:49:00

yes, there is 30 of each on the planets, 10 on fleet, 10 on rishi

27. Robert 2014
    Dec 05, 2014 @ 17:59:00

friendly tentacles, what a bad joke, they attack me

28. Childes
    Dec 05, 2014 @ 19:23:00

it is wudd not wupp

29. Xundiin
    Dec 05, 2014 @ 21:30:00

So…. yeah Unique rock formation wasn’t clickable when I did this, and my group tried every instance.

30. Rush'in
    Dec 06, 2014 @ 01:54:00

If the rock in step 4 is unclickable go to the place where the datacrones are. They are visible. But there are only 3 codex entries and there is no stats change 🙁 Guess some1 stole my +10 to all stats (

31. Nanaja
    Dec 06, 2014 @ 02:38:00

wow…

Three Little Grophets is soooo bugged… I got Straugh, Wudd and Breck(i have the 3 Data Packets to prove it), and yet my Achievements show only Wudd and Breck. And i havent got the title “The Wolf of Rishi”. Thanx BW for this EPIC FAIL and waisting my time

32. PuttyUTK
    Dec 06, 2014 @ 05:06:00

That sounds like a pain. I’ll pass.

33. Bobby Conner
    Dec 06, 2014 @ 09:58:00

Is there an article for the Yavin version of hidden things?

Dec 06, 2014 @ 11:46:00

That is not available yet ingame

• Bobby Conner
        Dec 07, 2014 @ 08:38:00

thanks!

34. mort
    Dec 06, 2014 @ 22:58:00

last night ive done wupp and breck today achievs gone NICE! -.-

any chance to get it back when bug will be fix?? waste of 3hr doesnt sounds good

• Telanis
      Dec 16, 2014 @ 17:57:00

They fixed it but did not grant retroactive achieves.

35. SubFT
    Dec 07, 2014 @ 05:29:00

WTH The Data Packets are Gray, so when I sent my companion to sell junk, it sold the packets. Damn Developers!

• Telanis
      Dec 16, 2014 @ 17:57:00

Fixed with today’s patch!

36. umpali
    Dec 07, 2014 @ 10:04:00

PSA – the rock in Step 4 is still bugged in the live game – tried instance switching several times, but didn’t get lucky, and the buffs keep ticking even when you’re logged out, apparently. Wouldn’t do this one until its fixed, would be my advice
    Edit – Delete please, redundant . . . covered below

37. Nexsis
    Dec 08, 2014 @ 23:22:00

Question: Investigating Anchored Rock (with the active buff “Neural Location”) will give you codex entry and the legacy tittle “Lord of the Oceans”, and achievement (50 points): “X Marks the Spot”.
    Shortly after, friendly Sea Creature Tentacles will appear near the
    Anchored Rock and destroy it, revealing Datacrons and Security Chest
    location. Looting Datacrons will give you +10 stats on Strength,
    Willpower, Aim and Cunning, and the codex entries 90/91/92/93. Security
    Chests give adaptive armor rating 178.

dulfy you receive this title?

Dec 08, 2014 @ 23:38:00

You only get title if you do it from the start with all the buffs etc.

• Nexsis
        Dec 09, 2014 @ 00:21:00

i think need add info about it in guide

• J
        Dec 13, 2014 @ 02:09:00

Please explain a bit more clearly please?

• Telanis
          Dec 16, 2014 @ 17:56:00

If you access the datacrons that were unlocked by someone else, you don’t get the title. You have to do it all yourself.

38. VicVader
    Dec 11, 2014 @ 01:42:00

A few questions. First, is this still bugged or are the rocks clickable after this patch? Second, if in a group, do all group members receive buffs/achievements? Third, can we do this in a maxed out raid group to get all of our guilders the achievement? Finally, can we leave someone there, regroup and summon remaining guildies/alts?

Thank you in advance for any answers. We are trying to organize a guild run for this on Saturday. Would hate to waste the Data Packets if the rocks are still bugged.

• Scott Clark
      Dec 11, 2014 @ 08:55:00

I did the whole thing last night, and the “unique rock formation” was bugged. Tries switching instances, none fo them were working. I have a hunch that you need to have the achievements for the rock to work, and those disappear on log out.

• VicVader
        Dec 11, 2014 @ 19:00:00

So I have to ask. When you tried it, did you have all of your achievements? Are you thinking you need the “Wolf of Rishi” achievement as well? Just asking questions for the sake of asking. I wouldn’t think you would need “Wolf of Rishi”…

• Scott Clark
          Dec 11, 2014 @ 19:31:00

No I didn’t have them, because I got the achievements over 2 days, and they reset when you log off. Planning this weekend to do it all at once, and see if it sticks.

• agliv
        Dec 12, 2014 @ 14:35:00

It is still bugged even with all of the achievements. I attempted this a 4th time yesterday, I had all of the achievements and the rock was still unclickable, and the beam was visible.

• Rex
        Dec 14, 2014 @ 01:08:00

I was looking at it today, it it looks to me like the rock isn’t resetting after someone else has already opened it in that instance. Not unlike the bug with the meat tree.

39. Razid
    Dec 13, 2014 @ 13:50:00

Step 4 was bugged for me and my group. The rock wasn’t clickable. Tried relogging and switching instance. Nothing helped… All that grinding for nothing. Thanks BioWare :<

40. perra
    Dec 13, 2014 @ 21:32:00

So is this still bugged after last tuesday’s patch?

• agliv
      Dec 14, 2014 @ 16:42:00

oh god yes.

41. Puk
    Dec 16, 2014 @ 01:07:00

Try stand on stone where the datacrons and just relogin,or relogin in next day,it might not work,but you might be inside the stone,or in instance to there that stone been removed,and then you might have chance click on.Codex 90,91,92,93, only this will show when you click,codex for it is bugged to non existing line of achievement/in codex list/ like old lore for finding outlaw den and that been removed,cubes give 4 x +10 to specific stats,aim,strength,wildpower,cuning/1cube is marked as agility for some reason/.

• Puk
      Dec 19, 2014 @ 14:05:00

Note,some ppl say,if they dont get any of the achievement and click on the datacrons only it give im empty codex,but no stats,so im now confused,becoz i cant comfirm or deny this…

• Chris Holderman
        Jan 08, 2015 @ 21:46:00

I picked up the datacrons today and did see my stats go up but the codex is indeed bugged.

42. Nexsis
    Dec 17, 2014 @ 11:19:00

collect data packets (4 achievement)
    *** next find worked (only new opened work) instance
    only after
    use Crystal Skulls
    use Deep Sea Phermones (1 achievement + 1 codex + 1title)
    use Unique Rock Formation – rock clicable only in new opened instance !!!!
    use anchored rock – rock clicable only in new opened instance !!!! (1 achievement + 5 codex + 1title)

43. Nexsis
    Dec 17, 2014 @ 11:21:00

but if need simple datacrons (not achievement, codex, title) only find open rock

44. VicVader
    Dec 17, 2014 @ 17:00:00

Sorry for the redundant question but I’ve tried searching and couldn’t find an answer yet. Has this been fixed or is the rock still bugged? I have all three data packets (no achievements/title because of previous bug) but I haven’t used them yet in fear of this being bugged still.

If anyone can confirm that this has been finally fixed with yesterdays day patch, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

• Lunagazer
      Dec 17, 2014 @ 20:26:00

as far as i can tell, it’s still bugged. The beam is still up constantly and the rock to activate the beam isn’t clickable

45. Japandering
    Dec 19, 2014 @ 09:48:00

I can’t get the Straugh one to spawn and haven’t tried the others. I’ve been camping for 2-3 hours trying to get it to Spawn. Is it bugged?

Dec 19, 2014 @ 11:47:00

2-3 hrs isn’t very long, can take up to 5 hrs

• BC7T
        Dec 19, 2014 @ 15:14:00

I camped Breck for over 8 hours the first time I did it!

…needless to say I lost all the achievements the first time! :p

Now I’ve just lost all the buffs after logging out at the second skull rock when it wasn’t clickable in any of the instances available last night!!! (I had over 1hr 20mins left on the first 2 buffs)
        I’ve sent a ticket to try and get the data packets back but won’t be holding my breath!

46. ForgottenKnight
    Dec 19, 2014 @ 13:17:00

So now that the achievements have been fixed, I did this all again, but of course something had to go wrong. I did not get the X Marks the Spot ach this time, even though I cracked open the rock :/

47. Malagarr
    Dec 19, 2014 @ 15:33:00

Question if someone opens the rocks with the tentacles can anyone click on the chest or only the person that broke the rocks?

48. Rashaverik
    Dec 19, 2014 @ 22:10:00

Today I used all 3 data items, had the buffs, but couldn’t activate the skull…have to re-farm the data items again…*sigh*

49. Hellcall
    Dec 19, 2014 @ 23:26:00

4.5 min re spawn time, not sure

50. Dead_Eye
    Dec 21, 2014 @ 12:48:00

Tried this tonight. The rock in step 4 was unclickable. Had all the buffs necessary and it wouldn’t even show as clickable. Not Happy.

• Agidius
      Dec 22, 2014 @ 22:25:00

same here, I looked around the other instances, every single one of them were bugged as well. TY BIOWARE, GREAT JOB!!!

51. Luis Oliveira
    Dec 23, 2014 @ 19:56:00

Apparently that last rock on step four is still bugged. For an unknown reason I still can’t click it. What am I missing? I am following the guide.. second time I do everything… kill the 3 mobs, get the 3 items, use the 3 items, get the buff, get the second buff and the rock is still not clickable…

Do not waste your time trying to get this datacron… for now at least.

52. asdf
    Dec 24, 2014 @ 06:56:00

Got all 3 data packets in under an hour–placed 1 character at each location and rotated, half the time switching instance. Gonna hoard the packets for all my alts until rock is confirmed fixed.

53. Jeimz
    Dec 26, 2014 @ 01:34:00

Is this fixed already?

54. Ryan
    Dec 26, 2014 @ 20:03:00

Ok i did everything in order. Took me 3 hours to get all the little piggies. Had to switch instances a lot. Everything else was a cake walk. Nothing was bugged today. All the skulls gave the correct buffs. However when we went to the last location the laser was already activated and the datacrons were out. We clicked on them and in the general chat it said we got all the codex entries. However after checking the codex entries, they were not there. And there was no cut scene like other datacrons when it shows you what new stat changes you got. In fact I’m not sure if it gave the stat changes, just the general chat message. And it definitely did not update my codex, even tho it said I got them. Tried another instance, still had my buff. Clicked on the last rock, got the final buff (19 min one) the laser came on, tentacles came up, smashed the rock, got the loot crates, but the datacrons said “you can not use this”……and nothing happened to my stats. Please someone let me know what i did wrong.

• christine0984
      Jan 08, 2015 @ 04:14:00

You did nothing wrong. The datacrons themselves are bugged. I did the same thing but had the buffs and clicked the rock, when me and the guildies went to loot the chest and get the datacrons, all that showed up were codex numbers 90, 91, 92, and 93 but no stat change. This is on Bioware to fix.

55. Anysao
    Dec 26, 2014 @ 23:16:00

woot. I managed to find all three named Grophets spawned, so no camping was involved.

Quick question… Is there a difference between the “crystal skull” and the “cybernetic skull?”

56. Jonathan Cano
    Dec 27, 2014 @ 03:39:00

How long do the datacrons stay out? E.g. if I want to get datacrons on multiple toons is that viable? Waiting for Breck to spawn was such a pain.

• Arica Hord Jones
      May 25, 2016 @ 14:00:00

For anyone just discovering this: No longer an issue as Datacrons are bound to Legacy rather than character. This in turn makes me feel much better about the ones on Makeb and Corellia as well. I’m sure I’m not alone there!

• Mark
        Jun 23, 2016 @ 18:46:00

Oh so easy…

57. Defenc3
    Dec 29, 2014 @ 12:10:00

Weird bug happened this morning. After a nice 5 hours of farming I got all 3 datas, consumed them on slave island. Funny thing, the cybernetic skull in the secong part never turned blue or clickable.

It’s awesome, I always wanted to re-farm those datas …

58. Thrash
    Dec 30, 2014 @ 00:39:00

Does anyone know what grophet gives the yellow data packet, what grophet gives the orange data packet, and what grophet gives the white/blue data packet? or is it all random?

• Ciaphis Cain
      Dec 30, 2014 @ 02:36:00

Straugh gives the orange/bronze, Wudd gives the white/silver, Breck gives the yellow/gold

59. Sahi
    Dec 31, 2014 @ 17:45:00

If one person has all the packets and takes the steps to get the datacron, can this be done in an ops group so that many guildmates can get the datacron?

Dec 31, 2014 @ 17:47:00

Yes I believe so

• Sahi
        Dec 31, 2014 @ 18:13:00

Thank you!

• CraigN
          Jan 02, 2015 @ 06:10:00

I can confirm this is the case, however, those guildmates will not gain the title that comes from doing all this, just the datacron benefits.

• christine0984
            Jan 08, 2015 @ 04:11:00

nor the achievements. tried that with my guild this evening

60. Chris
    Jan 01, 2015 @ 18:05:00

Does anyone know if this is still bugged or not?

61. Darth Cocoabeans
    Jan 01, 2015 @ 20:32:00

This quest is so bugged. I have discovered though if you had all the datapackets and someohow lose the buffs it will let you re apply the buffs.

• Barcs
      Jan 04, 2015 @ 08:37:00

How do you go about reapplying he buffs?

• Eric Musco
        Jan 06, 2015 @ 01:44:00

Yeah could you explain this shit? I went to the skull and it wouldn’t apply it again for me.

• Darth Cocoabeans
          Jan 07, 2015 @ 17:59:00

It’s bugged. As long as you still have some time one of the three buffs (after you activate the data packets), it will let you re-apply the buff (sometimes). Sometimes it bugs out and doesn’t work at all, and sometimes the buff resets the time, which is about an hour and some change. It’s stupid I know.

• Darth Cocoabeans
        Jan 07, 2015 @ 18:04:00

See the reply below Barcs.

62. Makgyver TR
    Jan 02, 2015 @ 17:10:00

Help! :s Ive done it 3 times and the three times bugged. Since the first time that I did it the datacrons says: YOU CAN´T USE THIS (all the times) and its obvious that i dont have any datacron achievement on Rishi. I have in my codex 69/70, from 01 to 89, so… any suggestion?

• Darth Cocoabeans
      Jan 07, 2015 @ 18:17:00

I ran into the same issue on another toon. The only advice I can give is to check the condition of the last part (does the rock highlight, are the skulls already lit up, and if the beam is already pointing towards the island where the datacrons are). It’s best to go with a party, since everyone will get credit although only one person needs the buff to go through all the steps.

63. JasonRyder
    Jan 02, 2015 @ 23:52:00

When you say “regular grophets” do you mean the the standard Jungle Grophets or the Champion Oversized Jungle Grophets?

• Barcs
      Jan 04, 2015 @ 08:37:00

standard

64. Nexsis
    Jan 05, 2015 @ 04:00:00

Unique Rock Formation – rock clicable only in new opened instance !!!!
    anchored rock – rock clicable only in new opened instance !!!!

65. Jonathan Cano
    Jan 05, 2015 @ 07:49:00

I just did the mission and am stuck at the unclickable rock (step 4). Waiting for an instance I can try switching to for the “new instance” work around.

66. Eric Musco
    Jan 06, 2015 @ 01:43:00

Do you get an achievement for unlocking the datacrons or just the shit before it?

I already got the datacrons and I’ve done everything except “click the rock.” But I am still sitting at 180/230 for Exploration for Rishi.

• Darth Cocoabeans
      Jan 07, 2015 @ 18:18:00

Finish the story and both flashpoints and explore both islands. There’s a beach east of the tradeport that Empire players miss because we don’t have any quest out there.

• christine0984
      Jan 08, 2015 @ 04:09:00

When you click the rock with the buffs on, you get an achievement “X marks the spot”

• Neg Sani
        Feb 11, 2015 @ 00:09:00

Do you get the achievement when you click the rock in front of the skull lights or the rock with the datacrons? Because I’ve clicked the rock in front the skull lights with the buffs and no achievement was granted.

Then when I got to the rock with the datacrons I could see the glow of them and hear them, but nothing was clickable.

• Bantherny
          Feb 18, 2015 @ 17:50:00

no. only when you click the rock at the end. that one in front of the skulls gives no achievement but makes the skulls light up

67. PleasePullOut
    Jan 07, 2015 @ 17:31:00

Does anyone know how to get 230/230 for exploration of Rishi? I’m stuck like the guy below me, done everything but click the rock and im’ stuck at 180/230.

Is there something I’m missing?

• Darth Cocoabeans
      Jan 07, 2015 @ 17:57:00

Make sure you do both of the flashpoints and the entire story quest. Also to the east there is a large region that Empire players will miss because none of our story/daily missions are out that way.

• christine0984
      Jan 08, 2015 @ 04:08:00

When you click the rock, you get an achievement “X marks the spot”

68. christine0984
    Jan 08, 2015 @ 04:07:00

You should note that if you don’t have Incredible Smell buff, what happens when you click that rock. haha you click it and instead of friendly, they are hostel. Did it after i got the datacrons and it re spawned and got owned so bad. But yeah there are several bugs with this, one being the datacrons do not give stat increase, only codex numbers that don’t even show up (that being the worst if you have done everything else that is NOT bugged (for those lucky enough)). If everything works properly and is up, this is a simple, fun quest to do.

• Darth Cocoabeans
      Jan 08, 2015 @ 19:41:00

Yeah a lot of people forget that other buff keeps that dot from killing you as well. It’s a slow tick and you can out heal it, but it’s annoying as hell if you forgot to apply the buff.

• Somtaaw101 .
      Jan 08, 2015 @ 21:42:00

Actually you DO get the stat increase, I noted down my characters stats prior to clicking, and each of the 4 “main stats” was icnreased by 10.

However, you do NOT get a codex entry for each stat as the codex’s are bugged. On the plus side however, once the datacrons are opened, they seem to be available for approximately 1 hour or so. I cycled about 7 characters through to get them yesterday. Some of them were already on Rishi, and others I had to move there, then take the taxi ride, and then run across the island.

For the record:
      Galactic History 90 = the +10 Willpower
      Galactic History 91 = the +10 Strength
      Galactic History 92 = the +10 Aim
      Galactic History 93 = the +10 Cunning

69. Somtaaw101 .
    Jan 09, 2015 @ 21:18:00

Data packets have been fixed so they are no longer sold, if you vendor all trash. They have been re-classed to white-rim items, instead of grey. So if you spend long enough times farming the data packets, and have lots of junk to vendor, you can do so safely.

70. Neg Sani
    Jan 16, 2015 @ 10:42:00

Any reason you can’t farm 1 to 3 of the data packets and just hold onto them until BW fixes this? Would hate to waste hours of time to just find out it’s still bugged and there’s no available instance where it’s working.

The packets seem tradeable but the achievements are not shareable. I can’t stand that BW designs content that they pressure you into doing as a group but then has the achievements not be shareable to all group members. So if I group up to farm data packets all members of the group don’t get the achievements?

• Barcs
      Jan 19, 2015 @ 22:18:00

That’s what I’m doing. I’m holding the packets until one day when it’s not bugged and then running the raid team through.

71. mystic
    Jan 24, 2015 @ 15:25:00

How can i get second row of Yavin exploration achievements?

72. Neg Sani
    Jan 27, 2015 @ 05:20:00

The buffs count down in real time, not logged in time. So waiting before maintenance for a server reset is a failed idea. >:-0 If you’re hunting achievements, save your 3 data packets and DO NOT CLICK THEM until (if) they fix the quest. Otherwise you’ll need to start over with getting the 3 packets.

73. Robin
    Jan 27, 2015 @ 09:14:00

How long is the cd timer for the skull on slave Island? I was the last 3 days several times there, but was not clickable (was open)

• legolas
      Jan 27, 2015 @ 09:34:00

I had the same issue, also with the skull-rock on the gate. The lasers on the gate were active and my buffs ran out

74. Stephen
    Feb 15, 2015 @ 19:11:00

Have they fixed the Unique Rock Formation not being clickable yet?

75. Kaahlin
    Feb 16, 2015 @ 23:31:00

I am curious if this is still bugged also.. the majority of the comments below are from several weeks ago.. has this been fixed??? Thanks!

• Neg Sani
      Feb 17, 2015 @ 20:16:00

Yes, multiple parts of the mission are still bugged. If you want the achievements, save the packets until they fix it. If you just want the datacrons, you can often find them available after someone else has opened them up.

76. kriskringle
    Feb 20, 2015 @ 18:12:00

this thing is bugged,1st it was the skull for the neural imprint now the last rock formation part is bugged, Will they ever fix what content they have or just add more to keep you occupied.

77. LoverOfTheNight
    Feb 22, 2015 @ 22:03:00

I just Inform. That Datacron worked today. Here is my Tips. Choose Character what will find the all Things. Before you are going to Use the Skull. I recommend that you take all your other characters to the rishi and to the Datacron place.
    Then use the 3 Items to get the Skull Buff. Then the City. And then the Stone.
    But i recommend that you don’t use Instance 1,2.. Try, 3 – 10, because i heard that those first instances are Bugged or something. I don’t know…

But your companion away when you are clicking the Stone. Get the datacrons.
    Change Character and go to the same Instance where the Datacrons are active.
    I did this today about 7 times with Different Characters at Instance 4. Red Eclipse server.

After this i said to the General chat that Datacron are active and there was over 5 people getting the datacrons too 🙂 I think the Datacrons was active over 10-15 minutes i think, Because it did take some time to change character and changing instance 🙂

78. drav
    Feb 28, 2015 @ 19:21:00

still bugged as of today

79. Maliha
    Mar 02, 2015 @ 00:09:00

Remind me next time to read the Dulfy comments before I attempt a quest like this. I waited for an event or something distracting to get the 2 Grophets I needed (Straugh and Breck). I had spent countless hours camping prior to this evening trying to get the data packets. Excited to finally get them, I moved on to Deep Sea Skulls (Step 2) and Crystal Pheromone (Step 3) without issue. Finally, just when I thought I was about to get the cron… bam! Unclickable Rock Formation on 3 separate instances… GRRR!!! Hopefully folks read the comments prior to attempting this. Dulfy, your guides are so popular, maybe you could post a disclaimer at the top of this page so folks don’t waste their time like me? Thank you for posting such great stuff for SWTOR players. You’ve helped me in a jam more times than you could know. 🙂

80. Dano110
    Mar 08, 2015 @ 11:44:00

Yeah this thing is still bugged! As of 3-7-15

81. John Doe
    Mar 10, 2015 @ 10:32:00

Is there an ETA on this fix ? maybe patch 3.1.2 ? It seems not enough people are reporting this bug , personally im still sitting with the 3 discs in my inventory…

82. Great Sadness
    Mar 12, 2015 @ 18:19:00

3-12-15, still bugged. The Unique Rock Formation was not blue or clickable, even though I had the buffs and had done everything else correctly.

There aren’t even any other instances up for me to cry over.

I guess I’ll have to wait for those horrible rare spawns again, then hold on to the data packets until a fix is properly announced.

83. Maori
    Mar 14, 2015 @ 10:12:00

Still Bugged 14 March 2015…

84. Schnitte
    Mar 15, 2015 @ 18:22:00

I solved it for me by using a bug. 3rd time this wasn’t working for me, i changed instanzes to search a clickable rock. Don’t get one. in 1 instanz i saw the blue beam is on, but the rock was still over the datacrons. i only could see the sparkles of them. i climb on the highest point of the rock and change instanz. now i was stucked into the rock. I changed back to the instanz with the beam on and i still was inside the rock. as i scrolled in i could see and klick all datacrons. I got this by this way to all my chars. hope it can help some of you…

• John Doe
      Mar 18, 2015 @ 17:46:00

Can someone else confirm this “workaround” ? Anyone ?

• Lesarie
        Mar 19, 2015 @ 00:24:00

it worked for me today, btw xD

• John Doe
          Mar 19, 2015 @ 10:53:00

Step by step on what he did ? 🙂 I might try it then myself can’t wait any longer..

85. Unoshi
    Apr 02, 2015 @ 17:14:00

April 2nd, 15 still bugged…………………………………………………

86. Mal'Ashur
    Apr 08, 2015 @ 17:45:00

I’ve been trying to farm the Grophets with very limited success. I lost a fight over Straugh, and got Wupp, but Breck hasn’t spawned once in 100-ish kills of the place holder (Straugh and Wupp both spawned in the first 10 kills of the place holder; although I’ve now killed the Straugh placeholder at least another 50 times.)

Rishi hasn’t had a 2nd instance let alone 10 (!) since I started, it would be nice if I could jump around.

Any thoughts on whether anything triggers the Grophets or just pure old fashioned RNG?

Apr 08, 2015 @ 17:55:00

Just RNG I believe and when I did it one was always hard to spawn

• Mal"ashur
      Apr 12, 2015 @ 00:21:00

Unique Rock Formation bugged out on me 4/11. I got the pheromone prior to the crystal skull buff which I suppose could have been a problem but more likely just buggy in general.

• Mal'Ashur
        Apr 12, 2015 @ 00:43:00

After watching a few videos I think you can check whether this will bug or not, and save yourself the data packets. If the skulls next to the Unique Rock are already scanning, (they have been on my server, which only ever has 1 instance of Rishi, every time I’ve looked) the instance / server is bugged and you should save your packets until a server reset. Hope this saves someone their packets.

87. pamflet1994
    Apr 13, 2015 @ 00:14:00

Do you think they will fix the bug once the new patch gets up?

• yellow-power ftw
      Apr 13, 2015 @ 14:51:00

1. as they didnt fix the ”kill it with fire” 2 years now,
      2. as they didnt fix the WB in Makeb thats inside the cage (at least we can kill it with a glitch)

88. SirMannii
    Apr 16, 2015 @ 16:13:00

Still bugged 16 april 2015. Only works for the first player trying it in an entire new instance. But we can’t create our own instances, so it depends on server and planet population unfortunately.

• Tulmara
      Apr 16, 2015 @ 16:37:00

Currently bugged at Step Four – Unique Rock Formation, Beregen Colony, which only has one instance 🙁
      An official Bioware response on 3rd of Jan says “I know you have been working hard for this Datacron and just to inform
      you there is no known issue that is stopping players from getting this
      Datacron now. It seems like you might be missing a previous step that
      you should recheck” …
      Sigh …

89. chuchi
    Apr 19, 2015 @ 05:45:00

Still bugged, The Crystal skull arch remains active and denies any accessibility.

90. Matts52
    Apr 27, 2015 @ 11:45:00

Yesterday I run to the location and find the datacron’s open.
    I get all four. Lucky i guess. No questline what so ever was needed.

91. Neg Sani
    Apr 28, 2015 @ 05:51:00

I have all the other achievements for this, but I just want the damn rock clicking achievement. Hopefully this works in 3.2.

92. Paul
    May 03, 2015 @ 19:38:00

Once I get the “Smell of the sea” that’s going to give me 180/230 Exploration achievements for Rishi. I’ll have Beastmaster, Loremaster & Explorer for a total of 45. I’ll have the 3 Grophets for 35 and the “Wolf of Rishi” for 50 and finally the “Smell of the Sea” for 50. So I’ll be 70 short. Are there any other hidden achievements for Rishi? Or is the final 70 for future use, not yet known?

93. Paul
    May 04, 2015 @ 00:19:00

Just for the record. I’ve just this moment (04-05-15 01:18am) completed this chain without a single problem. I’de killed the grophets over a couple of days, however followed each of the steps above and I was able to click on everything at the right time and I uncovered the datacron’s. My “Exploration” on Rishi is now 230/230.

• Wesley Jamie Smith
      Jul 16, 2015 @ 17:42:00

Can you tell me what achievement I am missing? I currently have 130/230:

Beastmaster of Rishi (10 pts)
      Explorer of Rishi (25 pts)
      Loremaster of Rishi (10 pts)
      The Last Straugh (5 pts)
      Where’s Wudd (10 pts)
      A Breck House (20 pts)
      Three Not So Little Grophets (50 pts)

I don’t have this one yet:
      Smell of the Sea (50 pts)

So, what else am I missing?

• Paul
        Jul 16, 2015 @ 17:51:00

Beastmaster of Rishi – 10
        Loremaster of Rishi – 10
        Explorer of Rishi – 25

The Last Straugh – 5
        Where’s Wudd? – 10
        A Breck House – 20
        Three not so little Grophets – 50

Smell of the Sea – 50
        X Marks the spot – 50

• Wesley Jamie Smith
          Jul 16, 2015 @ 18:04:00

What is “X Marks the Spot”?

94. Maliha
    May 04, 2015 @ 13:29:00

Hello everyone! I was FINALLY able to get this cron completed… (05-04-2015 9:20am EDT). After getting the data packets I hiked up to the rock formation and checked to see that the lights were out before heading to Slave Island. I also made sure I was on a low population instance. I died when the crabs aggro’d on my way to the rock but respawned on top of it and all went smooth. It does take the tentacles about 30 seconds after clicking the rock to smash it but I just walked up onto the big rock and waited. It was a long heart-pounding 30s worrying it would glitch on the last step! 🙂 Dulfy, it appears that chests no longer spawn with the Datacrons but for me, that’s not a huge deal but I wanted to share just in case folks were looking for them. May the 4th be with you!!!

95. sagereturnedasgunslingr
    May 04, 2015 @ 13:41:00

i completed this yesterday on t3m4 without any problems but as maliha wrote only datacrons appeared and no chests.

96. Sozinho
    May 05, 2015 @ 00:24:00

Ty vm for this guide, I completed this one today 05-04-2015, without problems.

The datacrons are available only for seven minutes, so if you want to get them for others alts, you must put them over the rock before cicking, and be fast picking the datacrons and changing between alts.

97. Daniel Bishop
    May 08, 2015 @ 15:01:00

Soloed it 8/5/2015 no problems. Great guide, thanks.

98. meatwagon
    May 12, 2015 @ 15:03:00

Finally got it 🙂 but it does not last for long at least for me 1min max

99. David Zepeda
    May 19, 2015 @ 20:05:00

it worked

100. Wesley Jamie Smith
    Jul 16, 2015 @ 17:41:00

Can someone tell me what achievement I am missing? I currently have 130/230:
    Beastmaster of Rishi (10 pts)
    Explorer of Rishi (25 pts)
    Loremaster of Rishi (10 pts)
    The Last Straugh (5 pts)
    Where’s Wudd (10 pts)
    A Breck House (20 pts)
    Three Not So Little Grophets (50 pts)

I don’t have this one yet:
    Smell of the Sea (50 pts)

So, what else am I missing?

• Neg Sani
      Sep 03, 2015 @ 03:42:00

You’re missing ‘X Marks the Spot’ the last 50 pt achievement for the datacron quest. You get it from clicking the rock with the datacrons. It’s buggy though.

101. Mishab
    Aug 04, 2015 @ 12:10:00

good day !

wait more than 1 hour to bring up the wupp the Grophet and does not appear

102. Crimsoncheeto
    Aug 13, 2015 @ 17:12:00

Thank you! Soloed it on 8/13/15. I guess I got lucky only took me an hour to do all the steps.

103. Rita Isabel
    Aug 27, 2015 @ 00:12:00

explain to me why when i click the datacron rock the tentacles appear as a boss, they aren’t friendly?! i alrdy clicked 3 times and they never show as friendly… what exactly am i doing wrong

Aug 27, 2015 @ 03:28:00

You need to do the previous steps, clicking on the rock without doing them will cause the tentacle to appear as a boss.

104. Pherdnut
    Sep 02, 2015 @ 17:20:00

Are the ‘crons tracked anywhere? I think I got them via my guild but I don’t see achievements for Rishi datacrons anywhere.

105. Christian Carrera
    Oct 15, 2015 @ 05:09:00

i did the steps on this this evening after click on the rock the tentacles came out as freindly but they didnt break the rock so i could grab the datacrons. put in a ticket about it but dubtful they fix this anytime soon

• Erudius
      Nov 06, 2015 @ 17:48:00

sometimes it bugs out… looks like they haven’t fixed this from when it was released

106. Cadous
    Oct 15, 2015 @ 05:27:00

was able to get it some how i clcick a enough times it made me fall thru the rock and zooming in on floor inside rock let me clci kon them so its pretty broke and i updated my ticket to bioware to let them know

107. Sweet'scar
    Oct 26, 2015 @ 01:28:00

do I need the buffs to get the datacrons?

108. JRP
    Oct 28, 2015 @ 02:37:00

How long does it take to get Straugh the Grophet to appear? I’ve been trying for over 3 hours…..

• Erudius
      Nov 06, 2015 @ 17:21:00

“They have a 5% chance to spawn” after you kill the placeholder grophet.

109. JRP
    Oct 30, 2015 @ 01:14:00

Nevermind, I finally was able to get it earlier today, with a group on the Empire side.

110. Erudius
    Nov 06, 2015 @ 17:08:00

Yellow Disc, Red Disc, Blue Disc… Which Grophet drops what?

111. Dipshit
    Dec 08, 2015 @ 06:55:00

Does the final rock still bug or is there a way to make sure it won’t? I don’t want to use my pig items of that shit is bugged.

• Pauzi
      Dec 12, 2015 @ 11:02:00

I just did it on Red Eclipse and had no problems clicking the final rock. No idea if I was just lucky or it’s finally been fixed, though.

112. sblayne1
    Jan 02, 2016 @ 21:06:00

Just went through all the steps and have now clicked the rock 4 times….no title and no datacrons appeared. Have both buffs and tentacles are friendly. Bioware fail. Submitted a ticket that they will probably never address. 🙁

113. j'oe
    Jan 10, 2016 @ 23:30:00

just did this for achievements purpose, cause i got nothing on my first time (was with a guildie and he handled everything).. all titles achieved now

114. claude1864
    Mar 16, 2016 @ 03:41:00

I stopped playing SWTOR because i spent 14 hours getting the 3 data disk and the datacron run was bugged. It took me 14 more ours to get the 3 disk a second time. I never used them. I waited several months and BioWare never fixed the bug. I was not about to waste the 3 disk a second time. This is what made me quit playing. I have decided to give it another try. If its not bugged i will resubscribe. If it is still bugged i will not. SO! My question is. Is the Rishi datacron still bugged?

• claude1864
      Mar 18, 2016 @ 20:49:00

I take it nobody knows if the Rishi datacron is still bugged?

115. Seiram
    Mar 16, 2016 @ 15:42:00

Just playing SWTOR for a month but when I’ve found my first datacron on Korriban I thought to mself “gotta have them all” (sorry, had to :] ). So Rishi… well at the very moment I’m testing my own patience trying to get the discs for…. the second time… Yesterday got em all and wanted do continue but hey it can’t be so easy, yes? My net provider f..u… And discs buffs expired…. But something you say is not right, nevermind my net problems. You speak about colors. But all of them are white!! No really. Yes each gives another ‘buff’ but the color is the same in case of each disc. Or either I’m losing my ability to see colors or my graphic is.. So no different disc for me

116. Force_Fortytwo
    Apr 27, 2016 @ 08:35:00

Hey guys,

I don’t know if anybody has noticed this, but I think I have made a quite useful observation concerning the Champion Grophets.

Some guys have been complaining about how they waited for hours and no spawn on Breck the Grophet… I had the same thing, I was in a group with two others from my guild and we killed the placeholder mobs in order to get the data packs.

So we killed Straugh and Wupp, each spawned about the 7th to 10th time we killed the placeholder. Then on to Breck… and two hours and no avail. We met an Imp who said he’d been trying for SIX hours.

One of the other guys had the data packs in his loot, and when the group broke up he gave the packs to me (being the highest ranking within our guild, I’m trustworthy, I guess ;)).

Anyway, today I logged in and one of the others said he’d tried to get Breck to spawn and managed so after 5 trash mob spawns.
    I, however, having the two data packs in my inventory, continued slaughtering Grophets and Grophlets… and chatting with my guildmate who also collected Wupp’s data pack after 6-7 respawns again.

A thought came to my mind – I travelled to my stronghold, transferred the data packs to my storage, returned to Rishi…

… And after 7 little Grophets, guess who spawned! I concluded from this observation that apparently, the chance of a champion spawn is significantly lower than 5% if there is someone around the spawn point with exactly two data packets in their inventory. So, transferring them to your storage or sort of the like, you avoid this lower spawn rate and get your third packet waaay quicker.

I know, so far this has only been a one-time test. But I think that coding this is possible, so maybe you guys can check if this hypothesis bears truth and Bioware has put up a nice little timesink at this point…

I’m curious what you can find out about this!

• Malistar
      Aug 24, 2016 @ 16:28:00

I tried for hours then read your observation. I had two data packets on my the entire time and nothing. I dropped them off at my ship then came back. After killing the place holder Breck was the first spawn. Thanks for the tip!

• Force_Fortytwo
        Aug 26, 2016 @ 14:04:00

Force_Fortytwo

• Galolus
      Nov 04, 2017 @ 13:16:00

I thought it is some voodoo/placebo thing, but IT WORKED!!!

• zaiats_2k
      Mar 16, 2019 @ 18:25:00

Doesn’t work for me.

• zaiats_2k
        Mar 16, 2019 @ 18:31:00

Lol, spawned in a minute after that post. Obviously, some kind of magic bound to this thread. 🙂

117. DLM3
    Jun 05, 2016 @ 16:31:00

How can I tell which sequence is a data packet? I have 2 extra from way back, a yellow and orange so I’d like to know which grophet I have to kill for the last one… Is that the order from the small picture?
    1. Yellow
    2. Orange
    3. Blue
    TIA

118. Swtorista
    Jun 22, 2016 @ 17:03:00

Reading the comments… can anyone confirm if the Rishi datacron is currently working? We have the packets, but I’m worried about the rock being bugged since the packets are on a timer.

119. Mister B
    Jun 25, 2016 @ 02:43:00

I just tried the workaround where you glitch through the rock. I fell through and the datacrons were not there. Considering the normal way takes too long and isn’t guaranteed to work anyway, I recommend not wasting any time on this stupid shit.

120. Matej
    Jun 28, 2016 @ 19:34:00

I did the datacrons a little earlier and they worked just fine for me without any workarounds.

121. Frigi
    Jul 10, 2016 @ 14:02:00

After ignoring this for a year after it bugged out on me twice, I’ve recently done it three times. Had I known that my two best friends would return active and would want help to get these, I would’ve waited and gotten it over with in one go.. but as it is, it currently seems to be working fine.

122. CT-5138 "Kozak"
    Aug 13, 2016 @ 23:18:00

Does anybody know anything about the sea creature itself?? I’ve learned that it’s got 8 tentacles, each with about 3.2 million healthpoints. It’s attacks are a drowning attempt that occurs about once every 20 seconds, a target pull, and an aoe cone shaped smashing attack. It CAN be damaged and unless it has an emergency health regen at or below 25% HP, it CANNOT regenerate health. I took it on with a Guardian Tank and myself as a Vanguard tank and we brought one of the tentacles down to about 96% HP. That’s nothing since we had no help but I think if you were to get about 3-4 tanks and position them in the water (about 10 meters in front of the rock and raid) and then 4-5 heals (at least) and then multiple DPS behind the tentacles on the rock where the crons are in front of the tanks, you could go one tentacle at a time and burn them down while the tanks hold aggro and keep the creature’s aoe in the water and away from the raid.

• Josip
      May 10, 2017 @ 16:07:00

why

• HMHero
        Jul 08, 2017 @ 21:11:00

lack of rewarding content

123. adsfmovie
    Nov 20, 2016 @ 14:22:00

Is it like they spawn 3 in 1 place or 1 by 1 as this guide tells?

• Mike
      May 22, 2017 @ 13:42:00

Theres only one and it spawns on its own timer. It might be around others that spawn as a group though

124. Dr. Mike Wendell
    Apr 23, 2017 @ 17:42:00

I don’t see a recent comment so I’ll put one here. I just ran this fine and the information up above is correct. Took about an hour total waiting for the Grophets to pop. Killing off lone grophets up there is what pushes the respawn time.

125. Andrew Venables
    Jul 23, 2017 @ 12:44:00

Got this today, Excellent guide.3 Hours and 40 minutes it took for Breck the Grophet to appear.

126. Lee Wen Wei
    Oct 02, 2017 @ 09:53:00

I cant seem to get Straugh the Grophet. Been there the whole day not a Single Spawn. I guess i was lucky the other 2 only took an hr.

127. Derrick
    Mar 21, 2018 @ 05:40:00

the rounding up of data packets was a bit of a chore.. dual monitors helped pass the time in between spawns.. but all in all in was a really cool quest ill never forget! especially the end 🙂 ty for the guide!

128. Darth Waradzimiro
    Aug 30, 2018 @ 11:37:00

but does it still exist? 2 hours running. 0 results. nothing fell out.

129. Roger
    Nov 17, 2018 @ 03:41:00

I just did this on 11/16/2018 and can confirm that all the data packets are a chore to get, but they do spawn. Took a bit of a the day to get them all, but then the rest was a breeze.

130. Jason olin
    Nov 26, 2018 @ 03:19:00

I completed this on 11.23.18. The 5 percent chance of spawning the named pigs for the data packets feels like a dream compared to trying to get the Desler mount and the champion of fear to spawn….

131. Zapene Puddleduck
    Dec 04, 2018 @ 23:32:00

Completed on 4.12.18. the pigs took 4/11/32 goes each but after that it’s a doddle.

132. Will Brashear
    Mar 17, 2019 @ 00:15:00

i got all three data packs… but every time I got to the Unique Rock Formation, i do not get the buff Neural Location. I get poisoned as shown in the screens shot. You can see all the correct buffs on me plus the poison but no neutral location. As a matter of fact.. you can do this whole thing without even getting the rare drops.

133. Harry Myland
    Mar 31, 2019 @ 02:36:00

3/30/19 – just completed, no issues. I found there were less people (really, no one), on the PVP instance. Was surprised at how many folks were still going after this. Took about 3 hours, and wound up getting Wudd and Straugh back 2 back after getting Breck early on. It was awesome. *-*

134. Krissy Sleigh
    Aug 04, 2019 @ 10:37:00

Completed today 04/08/19 Breck took the longest. Do yourself a favour and use the PVP instance. Took me about 2 hours all up, but didn’t have to wait on other people waiting for the beasties.

135. Synryx
    Nov 06, 2020 @ 18:50:00

Completed today 06NOV2020. Grophets takes time as usual and rng if they do spawn. Stay patient and make sure you don’t get stuck in the rapids rocks going for yer treasure!