SWTOR Ancient Threat and Yavin Secret Achievements Guide
SWTOR Ancient Threat and Yavin 4 Secret Achievements Guide released with patch 3.0.2.
What are the Yavin Secret Achievements?
With the released of patch 3.0.2, a bunch of sith spirits and talisman have been released on Yavin 4. These sith spirits and talisman grant you a new set of hidden achievements and legacy titles. In addition, there is a 16 player world boss to fight at the end.
The way this all works is as follows. First you grab the Tatooine Ancient Tome and receive the buff that allow you to damage the Ancient Threat. Now you head to Yavin and talk to the four Sith Spirits and receive their buffs that last for 1 hr. After receive their buffs, go to the corresponding Talisman of these sith spirits and convert your buffs into a 2 hr long new buff. Once you have all 4 talisman buffs, click on the fifth and final Unknown Talisman to gain more achievements and summon the Ancient Threat world boss
- Do not log out, switch characters, change instances or change planets when you are on the spirits/talisman step as doing so will remove you of the buffs and force you to start over.
- If you are just after the achievements and don’t care about the world boss, you can skip the Tatooine step. You can summon summon Ancient Threat and get most of the achievements.
- Only person with all 4 Talisman buffs can summon the Ancient Threat but anyone can fight it if they have the Ancient Tome buff.
- Speaker for the Dead (earned after interacting with all 4 sith spirits)
- Ancient Threat (earned after defeating the Ancient Threat)
- Grave Robber (earned after interacting with all 5 Talisman)
- Master of the Beyond (earned after completing all 3 legacy titles above)
Here is a handy map for those who already have a rough idea of where the ghosts/talisman are.
Step One: Tatooine Ancient Tome
Note that you do not need to grab this Ancient Tome if you do not wish to fight the Ancient Threat world boss at the end. If you do want to fight the world boss, you must have this buff as you cannot damage Ancient Threat without it. For those trying to spawn the Ancient Threat, you must grab this tome’s buff before you engage the spirits/talisman on Yavin as their buffs disappear when you change planet.
The Ancient Tome is in Outlaw’s Den in Tatooine but has several locations it can spawn in. Check all over Outlaw’s Den. Below is one of the possible locations. It seems to always spawn on top of a crate so check the crates!
Step Two: Four Sith Spirits
Now head to Yavin and visit these four Sith Spirits. They have a respawn timer of ~ 7.5 minutes and disappears once someone has interacted with them. To interact with them, you need to be standing right next to them and right click them. You will only get the buff from them if you are standing near them when they do the 360 knockback. It is best to wait for other players before clicking the ghosts so everyone can get the buff (there might be a limit on how many players can get this buff at the same time).
- You do not need to get all 4 sith spirit buffs before interacting with their talisman. It just makes it easier as you don’t need to think about what buffs you have and which corresponding talisman you need to interact.
- The buff from the sith spirits only last for 1 hr and will disappear if you log out or change planets.
If you get all 4 Sith Spirits and their achievement, you will unlock a new achievement called Speaker of the Dead that grant you the legacy title Speaker of the Dead.
The Deshade’s Master (Tulak Hord)
Seeker of Forbidden Teachings (Exar Kun)
Dark Side Magician (Naga Sadow)
Marked Spirit (Marka Ragnos)
Step Three: Four Talisman
Once you have the corresponding Sith Spirit buffs, you can visit these talisman to convert them into a new buff that lasts for 2 hrs and gain some new achievements. You will need 4 all Talisman buffs to summon the Ancient Threat and all your talisman buffs are wiped during the summoning so you will need multiple players with the 4 Talisman buffs so you can resummon the Ancient Threat quickly after a wipe.
- Make sure to not stand close to the Talisman unless you are clicking on it as the Talisman may bug out and remove nearby player’s sith spirit buffs without granting them the talisman buff.
Talisman of Tulak Hord
Talisman of Exar Kun
Talisman of Naga Sadow
Talisman of Marka Ragnos
Step Three: Unknown Talisman and Ancient Threat
Talisman of the Unknown
The fifth and final Unknown Talisman is located north of Training Grounds in a forested area. It is among the skulls on top of an altar. You will need all 4 Talisman buffs before you can click on the Unknown Talisman.
Clicking on the Unknown Talisman will grant you the achievement and complete the achievement Talisman Collector
This will also summon the Ancient Threat world boss, which you cannot defeat unless you have an operation group of 16 players or more.
- You need everyone in raid to have the Ancient Tome buff from step one to be able to damage him.
- This world boss requires at least 16 players and has tons of pulls and knockbacks like the Hateful Entity in Nightmare S&V so having bounty hunters/troopers with Hydrualic Overrides/Hold the Line might be helpful.
- It has 15 mil HP, so be prepared to take sometime to kill it.
Defeating the Ancient Threat world boss grant you two separate achievements: Ancient Threat No More and Master of the Beyond