GW2 Points of Interest Mastery System Livestream Notes
GW2 Points of Interest Heart of Thorns Mastery System Livestream Notes. This livestream will start on Feb 11, 2015 at noon PST.
- Nellie Hughes – Expansion Content Designer
- David Webb – Expansion System Designer
- Rubi Bayer – Host
- Back in the Verdant Brink map, same map as last week’s POI.
- Earn mastery points by finding stuff on the map (i.e. mastery orbs like the skill point orbs) , from stories, adventurers etc.
- Gliding mastery – updraft exists in the map that will shoot you up higher if you have the mastery.
- You get a mastery point for simply entering the map.
- Some of the Mastery system can be used in old Tyria like unlocking collections that eventually give you a precursor.
- There is an endurance bar for gliding, once that bar depletes, you fall right off the sky.
- Advancement in the gliding mastery give you things like Thick Wings that allow you to fly further with your glider.
- There is a delay when you jump off before you can deploy the glider.
- Bouncing Mushroom mastery allow you access to areas that you cannot get to otherwise. Some events you cannot get gold unless you have the mushroom mastery. There are speed mushrooms that help you with races and healing mushrooms that help you with certain contents. Some mushrooms will even help you with skill recharge. The goal is to give you something in the world that is a content tool rather than giving you another hotbar.
- Masteries will also help you learn foreign languages and unlock secret areas.
- Masteries will help you with harder group content. There will be some difficult fights that might be unbeatable unless you or your group have certain masteries unlocked. Certain races for example will teach you how to pierce Mordrem armor if you have the right mastery.
- You can expect new Mastery lines and Mastery abilities to be added after Heart of Thorns as well.