GW2 Itzel and Nuhoch concept art and attack animations taken from the latest POI livestream.
Itzel and Nuhochs are the two tribes of Hyleks you will encounter in Heart of Thorns. Itzels are the smaller blue frogs while Nuhochs are the bigger toad like creatures. For background on these two creatures consult the blog post.
Itzel cannot ride the big Nuhochs, the last two concept art are for fun and not something that happens ingame.
- Not all Itzel and Nuhoch Hyleks are friendly to players and there are other tribes (i.e. the Zintl) that are not friendly and worship the Sun god.
- While Itzel are tree frogs, they are not small as tree frogs as they could cause gameplay issues if they are that small. Itzels are as big as a Norn and Nuhoch are 2-3 Itzels tall. Nohochs are so big you can actually stand under them while they are walking.
- When the Itzel do their backflip, it is very light and nimble. When Nuhoch are doing their backflip, it is ground shaking (because they are so big and fat)
- Nohochs are big and meaty. They generally move slow and have big radial attacks so you can kind of see what they are doing. One kind of Nohoch (shown in the video) is more of a big melee guy while another kind of Nohoch kind of stand back and use his tongue to grab enemies as well as the belly flop attack where he will leap and use his mass to flatten enemies. A third kind of Nohoch is heavily armored and wields a big hammer.
- Itzel are more stealthy and prefer to keep their distance and use their bows to attack enemies. Some of them do have daggers they will use when they get close and use a smoke bomb to get away.