SWTOR Anaheim Cantina Tour livestream notes and Q&A.
State of the Galaxy
- New trailer shown shown for Patch 3.2 (nothing new, just uses ingame cinematics from patch 3.2).
- What are we focusing on?
- People love the SWTOR story. SOR launched last year – “The story was excellent”
- Game Update 3.2 – Rise of the Emperor
Coming soon to SWTOR
- 3.2 Rise of the Emperor is the epilogue to SOR
- Planet Ziost – everyone on the planet who arrived before you is possessed by the Emperor.
- New creatures on Ziost – Monoliths
- Introduction of Sixth Line Jedi Order – Military like Jedi Order (There is no contemplation, there is only duty)
- New features: Outfit Designer
- New features: Travel made easy – Bind points unlock automatically when you approach them without having to interact with them. All Taxi points unlocked as soon as you land on a planet. Quick travel cooldown reduced to 0 via legacy perks.
- Epic story XP boost (pretty much 12XP for class missions) coming May 4th for every single subscriber. It is going to be around for so long we don’t even know when it will end.
- M4-1S Astromech droid pet also given for subscribers.
- Yavin 4 Stronghold
- Appreciation for Zorz for being the first guild to defeat Revan. Sorvali and Smugglin from <Zorz> are presented on stage. Special plaque rewarded to Zorz.
- Will Mandalore ever play a bigger role in the game?
- Charles – I am a huge Mandalore fan. I don’t like to hand out spoilers but that would be pretty cool wouldn’t it?
- Can we get more companion interactions and more character-companion stories?
- Jesse – Companions are huge part of the game. I can’t give much details but we really want to bring companions back into the it.
- For someone with zero MMO experience, what is your best advice?
- Michael – Check out the Epic story XP boost on May 4th.
- Costume option to alter our appearance other than the armor we wearing?
- Jesse – It is definitely something we can look into like the agent story line where you wear a costume.
- Any plans to add new companions?
- Jesse – Treek was one of the more popular things we done, and I think you will see more like it in the future.
- Any chance to add more hooks in strongholds?
- Michael – I think it is a great idea. Some people want more hooks or hooks in other places. Yavin 4 have more hooks than usual, including larger hooks.
- Wookies as a playable race?
- Michael – There is a wall of crazy and this is on that list. We love the wookies. There is a race we are infact adding this year – Torgruta. Player VO for wookies is less compelling than other player VOs.
- Will purebloods get more hair options?
- Michael – Come find us after and talk. We would love to add more.
- Are you going to make more items in the game stackable in your bag?
- Michael – let us know what items and give us feedback. We are always looking for easy wins and if we can make your bag experience better we will definitely do it.
- Can we get some Mando banners for housing?
- Michael – Absolutely, we long Lucas love it and you guys love it.
- Any plans for more items/perks for legacy level 50?
- Eric asked how many people in the audience are legacy level 50? (pretty much everyone, he regret asking the question).
- Definitely let us know what you are looking for.
- Can we get costume items for wookies, rodians etc just for roleplaying and not for combat
- Something we talked about, might do something in the future.
- Any plan to redesign boss encounters to make them melee friendly?
- Jesse – look for some improvements in 3.2 and we will be vigilant about it in the future. We made our QA group to beat all the bosses with all melee just to make sure it isn’t impossible.
- Will the blocked off daily area/world boss in Ziost on PTS be part of 3.2 or later patch?
- Michael – We saw the screenshots that have been floating around. The answer is yes, there is more to the 3.2 story than what is on the PTS. Yes but just no timing.
- Any chance for huttball practice arena in guild ship or stronghold?
- Michael – That is a good one, no plan for it right now. The licensing fee with the Hutts is too high but maybe that is something we could do.
- Will we get see the Emperor in his original true body as a pureblood?
- Jesse – Emperor is very powerful and can take on many forms. Stay tuned. What if trueblood form isn’t his real form?
Digital Flash Drive
- Mount code from cantina can be shared with 5 friends and each of them get to share with 5 other friends and so on.
- The secret teaser pic we shown, there is more to it.